Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome!!! Glad to have a fellow east coaster and late April early May edd =). I'm on the fence about pulling the trigger on the FSD. If you don't mind me asking, why did you opt for it? I think I might use it enough to justify just for work traffic.
I have had FSD on previous TESLAs. What a gross waste of money and the future is literally years away.
As far as resale value on it, it is relatively worthless.

Hold out for the white. You will be so glad you did. The Black shows every crumb you can imagine and it is so hot, it burns your legs.
I know right?! I'm so tempted to call tesla SA and tell them I'd also be ok with a black exterior if it's available first. But white is so clean looking and will stay much cooler in the summer. My dates have yet to change once. Still the generic July 23rd to Sept 3rd. =/. I will be patient I guess

MYP black/black (no extras)
ODD: 5/06 (Completed tasks around (5/8)

Original EDD: August 31 - October 12.
New EDD: June 19 - July 24 (updated 3 days ago)
Dang.. you got moved up nicely! Congrats. I wonder if it's because you ordered black exterior. And live closer to the west coast. Us east coasters are last 😂
Hold out for the white. You will be so glad you did. The Black shows every crumb you can imagine and it is so hot, it burns your legs.
I ment to say Black Exterior lol. Sorry. I am a big fan of black interiors for some reason, I do plan on ceramic tinting every piece of glass on the car to help with a cool interior. I really like the white interior look as well but I don't know how it will fair with my 7 yr old daughter 😑

I have had FSD on previous TESLAs. What a gross waste of money and the future is literally years away.
As far as resale value on it, it is relatively worthless.
How many people feel this way? I’ve been considering taking FSD out for now and save on the money as well….especially since it could always be added later if anything. Just wondering how it would impact my delivery date too though

How many people feel this way? I’ve been considering taking FSD out for now and save on the money as well….especially since it could always be added later if anything. Just wondering how it would impact my delivery date too though
I've been out of the Tesla scene for some quite time and it's sad to see how the original autopilot features I used to enjoy on my P85D are now a giant beta test costing 12k bucks. From what I have been told from all of my friends that never left Tesla is that it is a giant waste of money right now. When I decided to place an order on a MYP all of my friends urged me to save the money.

In regards to your question of delivery date, all the rumors at least in this forum kind of lean to the idea that the higher the invoice the higher priority you get in receiving your car. Kind of a sucky thing but makes the most financial sense for a publicly traded company looking to maximize it's profits.

I just couldn't see myself shedding out 12k just for the hope of receiving my vehicle a little sooner especially after I was an idiot and kept putting off on pulling the trigger to get back in the Tesla game. That reluctance has already cost me enough money due to the price increases.

Besides the master plan is get the MYP, have my wife fall in love with it realizing she doesn't need a giant full size SUV anymore for our shrinking family and trade in the SUV for a Model S (that is secretly ordered as well right now) for me!

The backup plan would be for me to trade in the MYP, whenever the SLR arrives hoping with more price increases and the crazy car market will allow me to gain equity in what is normally a depreciating asset. LOL

I’m in the opposite boat where I think the FSD beta is the main point of having the Tesla. I like to tinker and from what I see of FSD, it looks like it operates pretty decently. If I didn’t get FSD, there are other EVs I would consider because they would include glorified cruise control which is Tesla autopilot but with lane changing.

I’m in the opposite boat where I think the FSD beta is the main point of having the Tesla. I like to tinker and from what I see of FSD, it looks like it operates pretty decently. If I didn’t get FSD, there are other EVs I would consider because they would include glorified cruise control which is Tesla autopilot but with lane changing.
But why would I spend 12k on something I can subscribe to for 4.7 years to spend the same amount?

But why would I spend 12k on something I can subscribe to for 4.7 years to spend the same amount?
I guess it depends on how long you expect to keep the vehicle. Either way, it’s an option and if the price increases, you’re locked in for that $12k. There is also asset value and depreciation and some people prefer to depreciate their assets faster with a higher value when their asset is purchased vs expensing it as a service. Different strokes for different folks. Gratz on the EDD bump however. I checked mine and it’s still the same.

I guess it depends on how long you expect to keep the vehicle. Either way, it’s an option and if the price increases, you’re locked in for that $12k. There is also asset value and depreciation and some people prefer to depreciate their assets faster with a higher value when their asset is purchased vs expensing it as a service. Different strokes for different folks. Gratz on the EDD bump however. I checked mine and it’s still the same.
Oh I know about the appreciation value and such. I’ve been very conflicted about biting the bullet at the end of the day. That being said, I don’t know if I’d want to justify the 12k for a software that has been “released at the end of this year” for 3-4 years lol. I love the features and will definitely subscribe to it for road trips and such.

Thank you for all the different pov’s! I am still debating and I am in between both, I was considering a Mach-E GT and almost drove off with it but they were up charging so much for it I ran numbers and ultimately decided I would go for a MYP with the option of FSD which I could always add if I didn’t initially so I completely understand considering other EV’s if it wasn’t for the FSD. Still contemplating the 12k vs month by month decision though. EOD updated to July 23rd to August 27th so I’m assuming I need to decide sooner than later

There were many, many Teslas before FSD and believe me it is far from the main point of having a Tesla. When I picked up my first (2014) Tesla, I asked what the extra wand on the steering wheel was for. I was told it was for something coming in the future. Months later, one day I pulled it back (twice) and WOW! AUTOPILOT. And surprise it was FREE!! And still is.

Tesla AUTOPILOT is far from glorified cruise control and no other manufacturers have anything close. I just sold an IONIQ 5, because its steering assist was useless. AUTOPILOT is an efficient and effective system that has met most of my driving needs 90% since 2014. In Musk's quest to get to full self-driving, he doesn't realize that there are many, many people out there who enjoy driving their cars, otherwise, they would be taking a bus.

On the other side, I would ask why would anyone pay $12,000 for permission to be Tesla's FSD Test Dummy and the permission to drive slow with your grandma watching you from the passenger's seat. Oh, what a feeling!! The more I think about it, the more I realize where the word "ludicrous" came from.

I can see it now. Envision this: There is a combination of Tesla bean counters and engineers in a room and the conversation might go like this. "Do you realize there are actual fanbois out there who are willing to pay $12,000 to us just to be our FSD test dummies? Let's go for that one. And let's make them qualify by having to drive like a grandma (which BTW has not been proven by any study to be safer. In fact, doing the speed limit on any US Highway may, in fact, put your own life at risk.) There IS some research to that effect. Traffic officials consider driving too slowly a traffic hazard that can frustrate and confuse other drivers. Slow drivers interrupt the flow of traffic. They are also often culprits of distracted driving, or they might be new and inexperienced. This can create problems for everyone on the road. Let's make them work extra hard for the privilege of paying us $12,000!! SOLD!!!

Bean Counters and Engineers: Well then, it looks like we have just found a way to build four billion dollars in new factories this year and still have zero .
And don't forget, there are also so many fans out there who are so happy to now pay for premium maps and music (formerly standard) and garage door openers (previously standard) and Supercharging for life (previously standard). Hey, let see how many suckers there really are out there and let's take away their charging cables too, and see just how they like that. Yup, they like it, and orders continue to increase! What else can we make optional, wheels perhaps?? Oh, darn, I shouldn't have said it. Tesla asks customers to pay extra for bigger wheels in Long Range Model 3

There were many, many Teslas before FSD and believe me it is far from the main point of having a Tesla. When I picked up my first (2014) Tesla, I asked what the extra wand on the steering wheel was for. I was told it was for something coming in the future. Months later, one day I pulled it back (twice) and WOW! AUTOPILOT. And surprise it was FREE!! And still is.

Tesla AUTOPILOT is far from glorified cruise control and no other manufacturers have anything close. I just sold an IONIQ 5, because its steering assist was useless. AUTOPILOT is an efficient and effective system that has met most of my driving needs 90% since 2014. In Musk's quest to get to full self-driving, he doesn't realize that there are many, many people out there who enjoy driving their cars, otherwise, they would be taking a bus.

On the other side, I would ask why would anyone pay $12,000 for permission to be Tesla's FSD Test Dummy and the permission to drive slow with your grandma watching you from the passenger's seat. Oh, what a feeling!! The more I think about it, the more I realize where the word "ludicrous" came from.

I can see it now. Envision this: There is a combination of Tesla bean counters and engineers in a room and the conversation might go like this. "Do you realize there are actual fanbois out there who are willing to pay $12,000 to us just to be our FSD test dummies? Let's go for that one. And let's make them qualify by having to drive like a grandma (which BTW has not been proven by any study to be safer. In fact, doing the speed limit on any US Highway may, in fact, put your own life at risk.) There IS some research to that effect. Traffic officials consider driving too slowly a traffic hazard that can frustrate and confuse other drivers. Slow drivers interrupt the flow of traffic. They are also often culprits of distracted driving, or they might be new and inexperienced. This can create problems for everyone on the road. Let's make them work extra hard for the privilege of paying us $12,000!! SOLD!!!

Bean Counters and Engineers: Well then, it looks like we have just found a way to build four billion dollars in new factories this year and still have zero .
And don't forget, there are also so many fans out there who are so happy to now pay for premium maps and music (formerly standard) and garage door openers (previously standard) and Supercharging for life (previously standard). Hey, let see how many suckers there really are out there and let's take away their charging cables too, and see just how they like that. Yup, they like it, and orders continue to increase! What else can we make optional, wheels perhaps?? Oh, darn, I shouldn't have said it. Tesla asks customers to pay extra for bigger wheels in Long Range Model 3
Good read! Agree with everything you said..

Reactions: Jrhcustom91

Wait wait wait Scott! Extra for garage door openers? Is Home Link extra!?