Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting for the 1st time and interested to see when others are getting their MYP. Seems dates are bouncing a bit but it might be more of a transport issue right now if Cali customers are getting their cars sooner. A lot of people are moving now so truck transports are probably expensive and competitive if Tesla uses a 3rd party provider.
I’m from the Seattle area
Blue/White/Tow/No FSD
OOD: May 6
EDD1: July - Sept 2022
EDD2: Sept 5 - Oct 31
EDD3: July 20 - Aug 24
EDD4: June 10 - 24
EDD5: July 20 - Aug 24
Exactly same as mine! My new EDD is Aug 9 - Sep 13.

Excellent and a 14 window as well :cool:
I have no idea. It just changed again this morning.
July 6 - July 20th

Yay!!!!
Well, another day another dip on this rollercoaster. Woke up to a big push and no more 14 day window. So bummed!

Original order 5/8 MYP BLUE/BLK/NO TOW/NO FSD (July 31 - Sept 30)
Change to White 5/10 - Same EDD
Change to Red 5/22 - (July 26 - Aug 31)
6/11 - New EDD (July 3 - July 31)
6/14 - New EDD (July 31 - Aug 30)
6/19 - New EDD (July 6 - July 20)
6/26 - New EDD (Aug 3 - Sept 7)

Reactions: Jrhcustom91
Well, another day another dip on this rollercoaster. Woke up to a big push and no more 14 day window. So bummed!

Original order 5/8 MYP BLUE/BLK/NO TOW/NO FSD (July 31 - Sept 30)
Change to White 5/10 - Same EDD
Change to Red 5/22 - (July 26 - Aug 31)
6/11 - New EDD (July 3 - July 31)
6/14 - New EDD (July 31 - Aug 30)
6/19 - New EDD (July 6 - July 20)
6/26 - New EDD (Aug 3 - Sept 7)
That’s more in line with most of the MYP orders.

• Informative
Reactions: Wendyzattic
That’s more in line with most of the MYP orders.
Understood…but how can it be that they can’t estimate a delivery timeline? Not like this is their first rodeo, been doing it a while now. I was going to go on vacation and then cancelled the trip when the date was brought in. Scheduled a new trip further out. You guessed it, now this trip is in this new window of my delivery time. It’s frustrating that they can’t give something more realistic. With end of quarter I’m suspicious too that they do what they want to make their numbers look good, and I wonder if not adding the EAP when it came available yesterday may have pushed my dates to allow those who did add it, to get theirs earlier. 😑

• Informative
Reactions: VegasMYP
Correct me if I am way out in the left-field here, but the best I can tell with an EDD like say Wendyzattic above, there was never any intention on Tesla to deliver on those days. They either get bumped back into the Q2 and get delivery before June 30th (End of the Quarter) or you get moved into the " Q3 delivery wave", and from what I have read is usually the last 5 weeks of the quarter in order to bump up delivery numbers. At the beginning of the quarter, builds are all exported to remote areas so they make it before the EOQ. This may change with Gigaberlin and the ramp-up of Shangai, but I doubt it will help us in this current window. I could be completely wrong on this but that is what I am seeing and preparing for on my own EDD.

SO with an EDD of July 6-July 20 or like mine July 14-Aug 17th, we will more than likely be pushed back to prob end of August-September. It would be nice to see some deliveries pop up in the next couple of weeks to see if they have actually moved away from the EOQ pushes, that would benefit a lot of people that are waiting and prevent the extended EDDs.

Correct me if I am way out in the left-field here, but the best I can tell with an EDD like say Wendyzattic above, there was never any intention on Tesla to deliver on those days. They either get bumped back into the Q2 and get delivery before June 30th (End of the Quarter) or you get moved into the " Q3 delivery wave", and from what I have read is usually the last 5 weeks of the quarter in order to bump up delivery numbers. At the beginning of the quarter, builds are all exported to remote areas so they make it before the EOQ. This may change with Gigaberlin and the ramp-up of Shangai, but I doubt it will help us in this current window. I could be completely wrong on this but that is what I am seeing and preparing for on my own EDD.

SO with an EDD of July 6-July 20 or like mine July 14-Aug 17th, we will more than likely be pushed back to prob end of August-September. It would be nice to see some deliveries pop up in the next couple of weeks to see if they have actually moved away from the EOQ pushes, that would benefit a lot of people that are waiting and prevent the extended EDDs.
If you look at past forum posts people were receiving vins and deliveries in all months of the year in the US. California and the south definitely get a lot more of the percentage of deliveries end of quarter.

Hi, I found this thread to be very helpful and insightful. Thank you and good luck with your deliveries!

OD: 6/24 MYP MSM/BLK + TOW
EDD 1: 9/10 - 10/22

Newbie in comparion to most here and EDDs will jump around still. Just wondering those who already have VINs assigned, are you able to tell if yours is coming from Texas vs Fairmont? Also is there any indication if current production of MYP comes with the new 4860 battery?

If you look at past forum posts people were receiving vins and deliveries in all months of the year in the US. California and the south definitely get a lot more of the percentage of deliveries end of quarter.
Yeah, I just did a quick filter on google Sheets that this forum uses, and for this quarter MYP I found.

(EOQ 1) March-53 deliveries
(Beginning of Q2) April= 4 deliveries
May= 15 deliveries
(EOQ 2) June= 44 deliveries.

Take those numbers with a grain of salt as not every puts the info in the sheet nor does everyone update it, but you can still get an idea from that.

Yeah, I just did a quick filter on google Sheets that this forum uses, and for this quarter MYP I found.

(EOQ 1) March-53 deliveries
(Beginning of Q2) April= 4 deliveries
May= 15 deliveries
(EOQ 2) June= 44 deliveries.

Take those numbers with a grain of salt as not every puts the info in the sheet nor does everyone update it, but you can still get an idea from that.
Also, always hard to know how a company that is young and different outside factors will effect deliveries. On one hand, Musk said he want to end the end of quarter wave and deliver vehicles more consistently to save on overtime and third party shipping costs, yet did it again anyway. On the other hand Shanghai is closed for a month, I think, and Texas and Berlin are coming up to speed still. Hard to go by a track record for anything with so many changing factors

Also, always hard to know how a company that is young and different outside factors will effect deliveries. On one hand, Musk said he want to end the end of quarter wave and deliver vehicles more consistently to save on overtime and third party shipping costs, yet did it again anyway. On the other hand Shanghai is closed for a month, I think, and Texas and Berlin are coming up to speed still. Hard to go by a track record for anything with so many changing factors
I hear ya, I know a lot of people, myself included read these forums to try and gather any insight into the process, I am just putting one more perspective out there. I think the track record is what we have to go on right now and it tells a lot. . I am hopeful that those additional factories as you mention will help change the current "track record" but It won't be this week, unfortunately. I don't think the "mystery" of EDD at this point is as much as a mystery as some think.

Hi, I found this thread to be very helpful and insightful. Thank you and good luck with your deliveries!

OD: 6/24 MYP MSM/BLK + TOW
EDD 1: 9/10 - 10/22

Newbie in comparion to most here and EDDs will jump around still. Just wondering those who already have VINs assigned, are you able to tell if yours is coming from Texas vs Fairmont? Also is there any indication if current production of MYP comes with the new 4860 battery?
Currently only Standard range Y that isn't an option to buy unless invited is made in Austin with 4680. All MYP come from Freemont and have the 2170. Could change but hasn't yet

Understood…but how can it be that they can’t estimate a delivery timeline? Not like this is their first rodeo, been doing it a while now. I was going to go on vacation and then cancelled the trip when the date was brought in. Scheduled a new trip further out. You guessed it, now this trip is in this new window of my delivery time. It’s frustrating that they can’t give something more realistic. With end of quarter I’m suspicious too that they do what they want to make their numbers look good, and I wonder if not adding the EAP when it came available yesterday may have pushed my dates to allow those who did add it, to get theirs earlier.
Did you get a text or call? I did not get any schedule yet.
got a text and email from the main Tesla line, my SA sucks :/ lol

We’re actually driving past Fremont right now and seeing trucks full of teslas heading out to different areas 🙌🏼

Last edited: