Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled to pick up our MYP today at 11:00 but just saw a text from last night saying it had not arrived in Sacramento but was hopefully going to arrive overnight. They did not change or cancel our appointment but told us wait for further notice. We have had to alter our vacation plans and since everything looked good yesterday I made arrangements to start the vacation on Thursday. First night of the road trip is, of course, a non-refundable room. Tesla is killing me with all the changes and additional costs not to mention it won't even come with the charging cable that you can't even order. Trying to remain positive since these are first world problems.

Well. Seeing as tomorrow is the last day of the quarter, I am optimistic that by the end of next week, we should start getting narrowed down windows for those of us that ordered mid to end of April. Since tomorrow wraps up their Quarter 2, they will now be able to focus on the Early Quarter 3 orders
And finally California will start getting cars at the same rate as rest of the country, until September anyways!

Reactions: Jrhcustom91
And finally California will start getting cars at the same rate as rest of the country, until September anyways!
From what I understand is California last in the cycle because it is close and can easily get cars to customers at EOQ for the EOQ push. I am hoping that with Austin helping now and the overseas factories the normal EOQ rushes are a thing of the past and the deliveries become more stable. Although it's a little never racking when you see early to mid-Q3 EDD like most of this thread starting to slip. I see more and more people that had LR model orders originally from earlier in the year changing to MYP orders getting their cars within days, and good for them, I am happy for them, but that also means that your MYP was just given to the older LR order and pushes you further back. I am not sure of the orders of MYP vs LR, but I can see the MYP EDD slipping. Apologies for the long rant, just some thoughts I have.

From what I understand is California last in the cycle because it is close and can easily get cars to customers at EOQ for the EOQ push. I am hoping that with Austin helping now and the overseas factories the normal EOQ rushes are a thing of the past and the deliveries become more stable. Although it's a little never racking when you see early to mid-Q3 EDD like most of this thread starting to slip. I see more and more people that had LR model orders originally from earlier in the year changing to MYP orders getting their cars within days, and good for them, I am happy for them, but that also means that your MYP was just given to the older LR order and pushes you further back. I am not sure of the orders of MYP vs LR, but I can see the MYP EDD slipping. Apologies for the long rant, just some thoughts I have.
Im not so sure California is last in the cycle. they appear to get them at the same rate as everyone else in every month and almost exclusively end of quarter. Wouldn't be a big deal if it was structured like end of quarter was their normal turn

Im not so sure California is last in the cycle. they appear to get them at the same rate as everyone else in every month and almost exclusively end of quarter. Wouldn't be a big deal if it was structured like end of quarter was their normal turn
Maybe I misspoke slightly, I am definitely not trying to create internet rumors, California may not be the "last in the cycle" per se, but I can cite several articles that discuss the end-of-quarter pushes and how the beginning is focused on imports getting those deliveries started so they make it before EOQ and at the end of the quarter Tesla is focused on local deliveries ie; California where they can get a car to the buyer much quicker. Here is just one article, as there are many more out.

From Tesla's Elon Musk Changes Course: Warns Of Huge Delivery Wave Ahead

Quoted from the article- "To be clear, Tesla delivers cars to areas that are furthest from its factories at the beginning of the quarter. It also focuses more on exports during that time. As the quarter nears its end, people living in cities very close to the EV brand's Gigafactories will likely take delivery. This cuts down on transit time and eases logistics, but also makes life challenging for factory workers on the final days of each quarter."

Maybe I misspoke slightly, I am definitely not trying to create internet rumors, California may not be the "last in the cycle" per se, but I can cite several articles that discuss the end-of-quarter pushes and how the beginning is focused on imports getting those deliveries started so they make it before EOQ and at the end of the quarter Tesla is focused on local deliveries ie; California where they can get a car to the buyer much quicker. Here is just one article, as there are many more out.

From Tesla's Elon Musk Changes Course: Warns Of Huge Delivery Wave Ahead

Quoted from the article- "To be clear, Tesla delivers cars to areas that are furthest from its factories at the beginning of the quarter. It also focuses more on exports during that time. As the quarter nears its end, people living in cities very close to the EV brand's Gigafactories will likely take delivery. This cuts down on transit time and eases logistics, but also makes life challenging for factory workers on the final days of each quarter."
Thanks, Good information. For the record
I'm aware of why Tesla does it, My original comment was simply relaying that Im glad its almost over so the rest of us can get cars again! Have a good one

Update to my previous post. Tesla called and said the truck arrived overnight and I just returned from picking it up. Everything looked great and it was one of the best new car purchases I’ve experienced. Additionally, it came with the charging cable!
Very nice. I look every day on Tesla sight trying to get a cable. I did the notify me when in stock option, but I have never been notified and but I have seen that they occasionally pop up. Maybe I will just get lucky and get one like you. Congrats on the car!