Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooo, decided to stop by the Tesla store near me to see if they had any idea if my 5wk window from 8/3-9/7 was realistic. (I have been planning vacations and having to cancel them due to the randomness of my EDD window changes) While I was there, she took a look at my account and said that she showed a delivery date closer to the end of July, early August. Excited to hear that, I happily drove home. 10 minutes later I get a text that my VIN has been assigned and my EDD is 7/8-7/12!!! WTH TESLA!!! Starting to feel like we are married! Haha 😆

SoCal - OOD 5/8: MYP RED/BLK No Tow, No FSD

Soooo, decided to stop by the Tesla store near me to see if they had any idea if my 5wk window from 8/3-9/7 was realistic. (I have been planning vacations and having to cancel them due to the randomness of my EDD window changes) While I was there, she took a look at my account and said that she showed a delivery date closer to the end of July, early August. Excited to hear that, I happily drove home. 10 minutes later I get a text that my VIN has been assigned and my EDD is 7/8-7/12!!! WTH TESLA!!! Starting to feel like we are married! Haha 😆

SoCal - OOD 5/8: MYP RED/BLK No Tow, No FSD
I wonder if the Tesla store has anything to do with this. Do they have capability to push your EDD earlier?

Reactions: samysumit
I wonder if the Tesla store has anything to do with this. Do they have capability to push your EDD earlier?
Well I wondered that too, but when I called to ask her a question about my cashiers check, she told me that it was just good timing. That they didn't push for me. So, who really knows. I am still waiting to here when I will get the delivery scheduled but she told me verbally over the phone they were trying for tomorrow. We will see and I will update.

Reactions: PinkWarrior
And another EDD 7/9-7/13. The kind girl at the Testa shop said my car is at the Delivery center, so not sure why the date is changing. Maybe they have prep work to do, or they have to clean the cars? Regardless, I hope it doesn’t continue to push. The only thing I have not done on my app is pay for my car. I hope that isn’t what is delaying them to get me a delivery date. I will be paying with a cashiers check and not sure I want to pay for something I haven’t seen in person yet. Any advice on that?

Reactions: Jrhcustom91
Order 5/1 and finished tasks 5/2
MYP Blue/White, no tow, no FSD
EDD 1: 7/21-8/25
EDD 2: 7/8-8:5
EDD 3: 7/26-8/23

I knew the push was coming, but I was still bummed when it happened. Changed to the latest EDD today. I’m in South Florida.
I am also in South Florida

Order date 4/28
Blue/black no tow no fsd

I have been at july 18 - Aug 15 now for about 3 weeks.

Well it was too good to be true! Sad. Just got a call from Tesla. Apparently the VIN that was assigned to me needs some ‘work’ before they can deliver it to me. When I asked what work, he said it needs paint work and then said that it needs ’further inspection’ after that. I asked if this car was rejected by anyone previous and he said that he didn’t know and would have to ask his manager. I hope that it is just a few paint scratches and they can get it back to “factory” like he said they would before they schedule my delivery. But what is concerning is he can’t even give me a window of when it will be delivered….he couldn’t say if it would be days or weeks…😑

Well it was too good to be true! Sad. Just got a call from Tesla. Apparently the VIN that was assigned to me needs some ‘work’ before they can deliver it to me. When I asked what work, he said it needs paint work and then said that it needs ’further inspection’ after that. I asked if this car was rejected by anyone previous and he said that he didn’t know and would have to ask his manager. I hope that it is just a few paint scratches and they can get it back to “factory” like he said they would before they schedule my delivery. But what is concerning is he can’t even give me a window of when it will be delivered….he couldn’t say if it would be days or weeks…😑
Sorry to hear all that. Frustrating. You should use the vin chart on here to see what month it was built. How long it’s been sitting around.

Reactions: Wendyzattic
so sorry to hear that, but again remember everything happens for good! make sure you do a thorough inspection before taking final delivery.

Reactions: Wendyzattic
Well that was fast. They need to fix paint imperfections and scratches. And yes, it was rejected by another buyer before me for those reasons. He said it is going to a Tesla paint shop and it will be in 'factory' condition by next Saturday and scheduled my delivery.

So, Saturday 7/16 is my new pick up date. Not so bad if they do in fact make good on their promises and that was the only issue. We will see!