Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP CA BUYER w/ TEXAS DELIVERY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Tesla MYP last week. My closest tesla delivery point was Carlsbad. After some research I decided to try and get an Austin vin, I called Tesla and changed my delivery location to Dallas. They did it over the phone, and now my original delivery date went from May to March 18-31. I am hoping the vin I am assigned is an Austin vin. As far as registration goes I sent my CA Drivers License, so I do not think I should have any issues or problems. I will keep the thread updated on what happens.

I ordered a Tesla MYP last week. My closest tesla delivery point was Carlsbad. After some research I decided to try and get an Austin vin, I called Tesla and changed my delivery location to Dallas. They did it over the phone, and now my original delivery date went from May to March 18-31. I am hoping the vin I am assigned is an Austin vin. As far as registration goes I sent my CA Drivers License, so I do not think I should have any issues or problems. I will keep the thread updated on what happens.
Interested to see what happens, but maybe you didn't do enough research. You have about a 0% chance of a MYP from Austin being delivered 03/18-31. Its 10 days away and Fremont delivers to Texas currently. Lets wait and see...

Interested to see what happens, but maybe you didn't do enough research. You have about a 0% chance of a MYP from Austin being delivered 03/18-31. Its 10 days away and Fremont delivers to Texas currently. Lets wait and see...
Very possible, and I did account for that. If that happens I will call and decline delivery or see if they will switch my delivery location back to Carlsbad, worst case scenario I'm out $250.

So....you're going to take on the expense of travelling to Dallas to pick up a Fremont made MY? On top of that, the headaches of registering an out-of-state car in California. I have experience with this when I shipped my car from Hawaii, what a PITA.

So....you're going to take on the expense of travelling to Dallas to pick up a Fremont made MY? On top of that, the headaches of registering an out-of-state car in California. I have experience with this when I shipped my car from Hawaii, what a PITA.
No. If I’m assigned a Fremont Vin I will swap my delivery address, if that doesn’t work then I’ll cancel the whole thing and I’ve lost $250. I don’t believe I will have out of state registration issues, the Tesla website asks for your drivers license and home address to get your registration correct. This should work out like I envision and if it doesn’t no big deal, this is for people who want to see what happens. I much rather have Austin built car than a Fremont built one, it’s a personal choice.

Reactions: SMay24