Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Charge port error code : DI_a168

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi community

so my MYP charge port cover stop working a few days ago. the mobile tech guy came this morning to replaced the whole new charge port. Cover is working but car won’t charge. car show :

DI_a168
charge cable connected to vehicle

CP_a103
chatge port requires service.

mobile guy can’t fix it so I need to bring the car in. 🤬 next appt in the Bay Area was 20 days out. lucky I went in a SC and they took me in and gave me a S loaner. Will take 3-5 days for repair. anyone experienced this failure before? Easy fix or anything to be concern? Don’t want to go in a road trip and get F!

btw. Issue came up after using a third party CCS adapter Twice. Hopefully it’s not the ccs adapter.

TIA.

Hi community

so my MYP charge port cover stop working a few days ago. the mobile tech guy came this morning to replaced the whole new charge port. Cover is working but car won’t charge. car show :

DI_a168
charge cable connected to vehicle

CP_a103
chatge port requires service.

mobile guy can’t fix it so I need to bring the car in. 🤬 next appt in the Bay Area was 20 days out. lucky I went in a SC and they took me in and gave me a S loaner. Will take 3-5 days for repair. anyone experienced this failure before? Easy fix or anything to be concern? Don’t want to go in a road trip and get F!

btw. Issue came up after using a third party CCS adapter Twice. Hopefully it’s not the ccs adapter.

TIA.
I’m having the same issue but started with Tesla repair of charging cover. How were they able to fix yours. I’m going on third repair attempt with Tesla. Not happy.

so tesla SC “fix” the charging issue. Claim it was a loose bolt from the charging port. I think it BS tho, but what do I know.

so I had the car back for a week and charge it daily …… but guess what! Charging error pop up again over the weekend. It’s back at the shop, we see what they say this time. It can’t be a loose bolt! Hoping they will just replace the charge port and so be it. we c….. but they gave me a X loaner to keep me happy for a week or two. Going to Take it north for a weekend with free charging. 😁

yea, sucks tho. Knowing this can fail again at any time. So hopefully they can figure this out. I don’t want to drive 200-300 miles away and can’t charge , becoming a brick!

I'm wondering if it's the charge port ECU. Same area as the charge port, and can be easily replaced by mobile service. Maybe something got fried.

The CCS adapters are passive, but if your third party one has an error in manufacturing, it could have fried something perhaps on the data lines.

Yea. After the first visit to the SC. I return the third party ccs and replaced it with tesla one. So I don’t think it’s the ccs.

I do charge at free public level 2 (j1772) regularly. But come on, Car is built for this.

I open my tesla app just now. Look liked they order a new charge port. Hopefully this is it.

now thinking, when the first mobile tech guy came to replace the charge cover (not port), he probably didn’t do something right and fried something. He only had 3 months of training. He even said , “I think I F it up”. So I have to bring the car in. Lol

Got the car back today. I guess it was slow for them. They got to my car quick.

They ran some test. Pin it down to a wire from the charge cover (not port) , it was pinch. The charge ECU was fine. So they replaced a new charge cover (the rear tail light). The car charges now. Hopefully that’s it! Have a road trip coming up next week. 😬

This is the second charge cover. Original one lasted 20k, then failed. The mobile guy show up and install a new one. Then car stop charging. First SC attempt, loose bolt. Car was good for a week. Now they replaced a second new charge cover. I still think it’s the charger port , not cover. We c…🤞

I'm wondering if it's the charge port ECU. Same area as the charge port, and can be easily replaced by mobile service. Maybe something got fried.

The CCS adapters are passive, but if your third party one has an error in manufacturing, it could have fried something perhaps on the data lines.
My charging ECU just went out, you will know if its the charging ECU if you can supercharge but cannot charge any other way.

• Informative
Reactions: yellowr6
My charging ECU just went out, you will know if its the charging ECU if you can supercharge but cannot charge any other way.
Well just found out my issue is not the ECU, car had to go to service center and they are replacing the high voltage hardness and bus bar due to an internal failure in the harness. The car only has two home charges and like 450 miles. How screwed i'm I in the future with the car having more problems now that they had to replace these parts ?

So update on my charging issue

replaced a second new charger cover door (not port), no Issues with charging for past 2 weeks. Even do a 500 miles road trip.

but guess what. My BT stop connecting after getting car back. Car went back in the shop and turn out to be a seat sensor. Seat is not reading a driver is in the car so won’t connect to BT. Had to manually connect every time, ignoring. Also had to tap the screen to wake it up when firsr sit down. how did changing the charge cover to a seat sensor! 🤦‍♂️

So update on my charging issue

replaced a second new charger cover door (not port), no Issues with charging for past 2 weeks. Even do a 500 miles road trip.

but guess what. My BT stop connecting after getting car back. Car went back in the shop and turn out to be a seat sensor. Seat is not reading a driver is in the car so won’t connect to BT. Had to manually connect every time, ignoring. Also had to tap the screen to wake it up when firsr sit down. how did changing the charge cover to a seat sensor! 🤦‍♂️
So, I have a few questions regarding the seat sensor.
Is it supposed to be connected to the screen and BT module? When I get in the car first thing in the morning, I open the door and sit in the driver's seat and close the door.
The screen goes black and I have to either tap the screen or brake pedal to turn the screen on.
Is it not the normal behavior?
Also, my BT doesn't connect to my phone automatically when I sit in the driver's seat or in the car in general. I have to tap the BT icon and tap the connect button manually.

So, I have a few questions regarding the seat sensor.
Is it supposed to be connected to the screen and BT module? When I get in the car first thing in the morning, I open the door and sit in the driver's seat and close the door.
The screen goes black and I have to either tap the screen or brake pedal to turn the screen on.
Is it not the normal behavior?
Also, my BT doesn't connect to my phone automatically when I sit in the driver's seat or in the car in general. I have to tap the BT icon and tap the connect button manually

Yea, Your seat sensor is bad.

Once u step in and sit down. Ur screen shouldn’t turn off. Or need to tap to wake it up. Ur BT should auto connect if it’s set on priority.

Bring it in for service. 👍

They will order the park and fix it within a couple hours. It was fast for me.

Trying to post up a pic of my invoice and part number for u. But can’t figure out why I can’t. If u need it, DM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: nate704
Yea, Your seat sensor is bad.

Once u step in and sit down. Ur screen shouldn’t turn off. Or need to tap to wake it up. Ur BT should auto connect if it’s set on priority.

Bring it in for service. 👍

They will order the park and fix it within a couple hours. It was fast for me.

Trying to post up a pic of my invoice and part number for u. But can’t figure out why I can’t. If u need it, DM me.
Just had mobile service come out and replaced the driver's seat occupancy sensor. Now I get in the car, the screen stays on and Bluetooth connects to my phone automatically.
Now, my question is on the passenger seat.
Mobile tech told me that the passenger side has the same sensor, and the screen should stay on as long as the passenger is in the seat.
Does it require the passengers to be buckled in? or does the screen stays on even if the passenger is unbuckled?
If the passenger gets in the car and sit in the passenger seat, Does your screen stays on without the driver sitting on the driver's seat?
I am just trying to make sure that the passenger side sensor is not broken.

IMG_3085.JPEG
IMG_3086.JPEG

Reactions: yellowr6
So when u open the passenger door, screen turn on. I sat in the car, screen still on. Once I close the door, screen is off. This is with no driver In the driver side.

Once u have a driver in the seat , screen will stay on.

Hope this answer ur question. Should I go replace the passenger seat sensor too? 🤷‍♂️

So when u open the passenger door, screen turn on. I sat in the car, screen still on. Once I close the door, screen is off. This is with no driver In the driver side.

Once u have a driver in the seat , screen will stay on.

Hope this answer ur question. Should I go replace the passenger seat sensor too? 🤷‍♂️
That's exactly how my passenger seat behaves without the driver, so I guess it is working as normal??