Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP chill mode 0-60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, put in an order for a MYP but have two kids in back so really reconsidering the MY LR instead. Take delivery Jan-Feb sometime. Date pushes out to July if I switch. I guess I’m most concerned with acceleration, I could put the MYP in chill mode but I don’t want to go down to like 6 second 0-60, any ideas what the 0-60 in chill mode is?

I don’t know the 0-60 for chill but if are worried chill in a MYP will be too chill then def don’t switch to a LR. It’s easy to switch out of chill back to sport mode or just be smooth on the go pedal if your kids are little (babies asleep?) bigger school age kids will prob like sport! I’ve used chill a couple times to test (yuck) it & also lock my teenager in chill but when I‘m at the wheel it’s sport all the time!

I've had a 2022 MYP for about two weeks. I've not timed 0-60 in chill and I can't right now due to Los Angeles's rainy week happening now and a nail in my rear tire. First week of ownership it took me a few days to get accustom to applying just enough pressure to have a smooth start in sport mode. I keep the car in chill mode when driving in the city incase of an opps moment and switch to sport on more open highways, freeways. I also rented a MYLR for a day. It too is pretty fast in the regular drive mode and I opted to keep it in chill too when in the crowded city streets.

Hi all, put in an order for a MYP but have two kids in back so really reconsidering the MY LR instead. Take delivery Jan-Feb sometime. Date pushes out to July if I switch. I guess I’m most concerned with acceleration, I could put the MYP in chill mode but I don’t want to go down to like 6 second 0-60, any ideas what the 0-60 in chill mode is?

Chill mode 0-60 is 7.58 seconds, with the 1' roll out it is 7.31 seconds and the 1/4 mile time is 15.64 seconds at 92.14 mph. The chill mode performance is the same weather you are at 100% state of charge or 10%, unlike the sport mode.

Dragy results on stock wheel and tire package:

Dragy results after switching to Gemini wheel and tire package:

Keith