Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP delivery day 2/16 w all seasons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great delivery. Northern Virginia on 2/16. Arrived with Michelin all seasons. Another couple received an S with summers and I overheard Tesla saying dc is in a winter zone and Tesla would swap them no problem as it was a mistake.

I gave the car a 30 minute check and found nothing worth asking Tesla to address before I signed off.

A few observations on the first 100 miles. I also have a 2018 model 3 for comparison here:

1. Autopilot requires high beams at night and it renders AP useless at night. In daytime it works a touch better than my 3.

2. Ride quality is as firm as the 3 but the MYP sounds and feels much more insulated and stable. Build feels more solid.

3. Sound system is interesting. Can’t decide if I like it. The 3 is amazing. The Y is great but has too much midrange and a massive sub. I’ll fiddle with the EQ but can’t get it to sound as rich. Has a tinny sound. Not bad but then 3 is better for my ears.

4. New interface in both cars is super annoying and a step back. Maybe I’ll get used to it. I want the old interface.

Ordered in early November.

Attachments

• 996E4CED-18F6-4A17-95F1-C44C77BC9C8A.jpeg
    996E4CED-18F6-4A17-95F1-C44C77BC9C8A.jpeg
    538.3 KB · Views: 78
I don't use Autopilot a lot at night, but when I do, I always turn off the auto high beams immediately by pushing out on the left stalk. So far it has always worked without issue with the auto high beams off, to the point where I wonder why they needed turn it on automatically. The couple of psuedo-phantom brakes (meaning I have a reasonably good idea on why it happened) I've experienced have all been during the day.

Anyway, congrats on the new MYP and enjoy!

I don't use Autopilot a lot at night, but when I do, I always turn off the auto high beams immediately by pushing out on the left stalk. So far it has always worked without issue with the auto high beams off, to the point where I wonder why they needed turn it on automatically. The couple of psuedo-phantom brakes (meaning I have a reasonably good idea on why it happened) I've experienced have all been during the day.

Anyway, congrats on the new MYP and enjoy!
Thanks for the tip! That works. Pretty sure that’s what I did to correct. My user error it turns out.

A few minor experiences with phantom braking too only during the day.