Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Delivery Still With Summer Tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Florida delivery last march was with Michelin A/S (and AMD, LiOn low voltage). My co-worked got his MYP 6 days before mine with Pirellis (and Intel and old style battery). The all seasons seem like a waste for Florida, but I was happy I got the longer lasting and more puncture resistant tires.

I have the same problem with the exception that I live in Minnesota. I was told that the tires that arrive on your car depend on the "time of year" for the delivery: summer deliveries get summer tires (like mine that was delivered June 2022) and winter deliveries get all-season tires, maybe. That is really absurd. I am trying to locate someone at Tesla to discuss this further. Stay tuned.... film at 11.
Maybe I'm wrong, but living in Minnesota, I'd get a set of dedicated winter tires on 18" or 19" wheels for the MYP regardless of what came tires with it. For one thing, smaller wheels are lighter and will increase the efficiency a little bit (as I've observed), which is useful for our cold winters. Also, with this much power, I'd want good winter tires for this car on snow covered roads.

Total B/S. It's random. Stupid that you can't choose. I picked up a flawless MYP last week with Michelin A/S. Just luck of the draw. These are essential in the NW if you want to drive safely more than four moths out of the year and not have to have another set of tires. If I lived in Arizona I would have wanted the Pirellis.
Agreed. I will post my findings as my effort to get mine swapped out continues.
Maybe I'm wrong, but living in Minnesota, I'd get a set of dedicated winter tires on 18" or 19" wheels for the MYP regardless of what came tires with it. For one thing, smaller wheels are lighter and will increase the efficiency a little bit (as I've observed), which is useful for our cold winters. Also, with this much power, I'd want good winter tires for this car on snow covered roads.
"...with this much power..."
Very good point - I had not thought about how much more torque the MYP has over the MYLR that I am accustomed to driving in the snow. I will check on a set of Blazzaks! Or these...

Attachments

• IMG_6595-1099x1280-429x500.jpg
    IMG_6595-1099x1280-429x500.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Helpful
Reactions: tdeno
My Florida delivery last march was with Michelin A/S (and AMD, LiOn low voltage). My co-worked got his MYP 6 days before mine with Pirellis (and Intel and old style battery). The all seasons seem like a waste for Florida, but I was happy I got the longer lasting and more puncture resistant tires.
I’m just glad we are past the AMD/ intel delivery lol. Now everyone getting them these days doesn’t have to worry which one they are getting it’s simply AMD

I’m in NJ and got summer tires on mine. Car across the lot, same color same model, came with AS. It’s all random. They won’t do anything about it. I may just get 19” wheels and winter tires. What’s another couple grand? Haha. At least I can charge it for less than $10.