Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP delivery today - TL/DR Great experience!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MYP today White/Black no tow hitch no FSP or EAP. Portland, Oregon SC pickup. Freemont build VIN F551. Born on Sept 13.

Car came with Michelin Pilot Sport AS, updated wood trim, Ryzen chip, J1772 adapter, two OEM PPF sheets. It did not come with any console or trunk containers and no cargo cover.

The car was in pristine condition with no scratches on any surface. Panels all aligned perfectly. All gaskets and liners installed properly. Everything works. I would give it a 10/10 from an inspection standpoint.

Once I accepted delivery and connected my account and phone, the screen went blue and restarted. This was a bit concerning. During the drive home the screen restarted on its own a couple times, no blue screen but displayed the Tesla logo. This was also concerning but maybe its normal. Since then there have been no random resets.

The only actual issue I noticed is the front driver side window has a glitch. When using the auto up button, the window went up and seemed to detect an obstacle in its path and then went partway down and stopped. I put the window up and down about 10 times on the freeway and it did this a few times. I've done it about 10 more times since and it hasn't done it. I'm going to submit a service request just in case.

Another quirk/issue, which I now know is a feature, is the auto wipers mandatory on using AP. There was a little dust on the windshield and when I used AP on the freeway the wipers went on and were going fairly fast. Its sunny and 80 outside. I've read that dirt and bugs can cause the wipers to think its rain and there is no way to turn it off. If the small amount of dust on the windshield will cause the wipers to go nearly full blast, then this AP will be mostly unusable in my climate. I'm going to submit a service request on this issue too just in case its a camera calibration issue.

All in all the experience was a 10/10. I was terrified reading all the horror stories on here of shoddy cars. Maybe I got lucky with a near perfect car, but I think its more a cognitive bias because we don't hear about the normal delivery's as much. So much better than purchasing from a dealership. No high pressure sales and add ons, and repeated pressure to finance the car ( I always pay cash for cars). No TruCoat Jerry! I know we pay a premium for this service but its well worth it IMO.

Picked up my MYP today White/Black no tow hitch no FSP or EAP. Portland, Oregon SC pickup. Freemont build VIN F551. Born on Sept 13.

Car came with Michelin Pilot Sport AS, updated wood trim, Ryzen chip, J1772 adapter, two OEM PPF sheets. It did not come with any console or trunk containers and no cargo cover.

The car was in pristine condition with no scratches on any surface. Panels all aligned perfectly. All gaskets and liners installed properly. Everything works. I would give it a 10/10 from an inspection standpoint.

Once I accepted delivery and connected my account and phone, the screen went blue and restarted. This was a bit concerning. During the drive home the screen restarted on its own a couple times, no blue screen but displayed the Tesla logo. This was also concerning but maybe its normal. Since then there have been no random resets.

The only actual issue I noticed is the front driver side window has a glitch. When using the auto up button, the window went up and seemed to detect an obstacle in its path and then went partway down and stopped. I put the window up and down about 10 times on the freeway and it did this a few times. I've done it about 10 more times since and it hasn't done it. I'm going to submit a service request just in case.

Another quirk/issue, which I now know is a feature, is the auto wipers mandatory on using AP. There was a little dust on the windshield and when I used AP on the freeway the wipers went on and were going fairly fast. Its sunny and 80 outside. I've read that dirt and bugs can cause the wipers to think its rain and there is no way to turn it off. If the small amount of dust on the windshield will cause the wipers to go nearly full blast, then this AP will be mostly unusable in my climate. I'm going to submit a service request on this issue too just in case its a camera calibration issue.

All in all the experience was a 10/10. I was terrified reading all the horror stories on here of shoddy cars. Maybe I got lucky with a near perfect car, but I think its more a cognitive bias because we don't hear about the normal delivery's as much. So much better than purchasing from a dealership. No high pressure sales and add ons, and repeated pressure to finance the car ( I always pay cash for cars). No TruCoat Jerry! I know we pay a premium for this service but its well worth it IMO.
My delivery was also pretty much perfect. Only a few days later did I notice that my driver's door stuck out maybe 1-2mm more than it should when closed. It took me a few days to decide whether it was a real problem or I was imagining it. Ultimately I scheduled mobile service, and the guy came out and took 30 seconds to adjust to latch.

My wipers have never once automatically turned on during AP use. I wasn't aware the two were linked. I normally keep my wipers in the Off position (not Auto) because it doesn't rain much here. I haven't actually driven the car much in rain so I don't really have a lot of experience with the wipers.

Reactions: Zalick
Your car is new and probably still has the initial out of factory software. You should get an update within 3 weeks. Perhaps that will clear up the wiper issue. Wipers have never turned on automatically for me when using autopilot. My window is filthy and has some debris on it too. I have not washed it in 3 weeks. I’m washing them tomorrow morning due to road trip 😁. I use autopilot almost daily and am tempted to upgrade to enhanced autopilot.

Center screen rebooting a few times? Never happened to me but give it a few days. I’d mention it on the service ticket where you mentioned window issue. The issue will probably vanish by the time of the appointment.

Reactions: Zalick
I had the driver's window close abort thing a few times after I got my Model Y in February of 2021. I tried calibrating the window (you hold the button down or something, can't remember now, but it'll be in the manual). Not sure if that did anything, but I don't remember it doing it again. I also had a problem where the driver's side rear door wouldn't close all the way unless I slammed it that went away after a few weeks too. Something about the factory making things too tight on purpose so they go into spec when they inevitably loosen up after a few weeks maybe.

I had the driver's window close abort thing a few times after I got my Model Y in February of 2021. I tried calibrating the window (you hold the button down or something, can't remember now, but it'll be in the manual). Not sure if that did anything, but I don't remember it doing it again. I also had a problem where the driver's side rear door wouldn't close all the way unless I slammed it that went away after a few weeks too. Something about the factory making things too tight on purpose so they go into spec when they inevitably loosen up after a few weeks maybe.
I have the same thing with a couple doors. Glad to hear it loosens up over time.

I’ll try recalibrating the window today.