Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically, my MVPA was signed and dated when my vin was issued.

Has anyone read the language of the bill? I would have thought it would be for the 2022 tax year rather than date of passage?

And now I wish I had not added FSD. I would have been under the cut off....

Technically, my MVPA was signed and dated when my vin was issued.

Has anyone read the language of the bill? I would have thought it would be for the 2022 tax year rather than date of passage?

And now I wish I had not added FSD. I would have been under the cut off....
I read a news article from Electrik that said it was January 1st, So people buying cars from current auto makers that still qualify for the current 7500, Ie not tesla or GM, could still take advantage of that plan until January 1. Then they would fall under the new plan which has different rules.

You are correct. It is based on the day you buy it, not order it. If you pay January 1st, you will get the tax credit no matter when you ordered it.

Since Tesla's dont currently qualify for the "old" credit mentioned in the new bill, any Tesla's ordered in 2022 would not be eligible even if delivered in 2023. You must order and have delivered in 2023 for Teslas.
  1. Transition provision for EVs with written sales orders dated in 2022 prior to the date of President signing the bill but delivered in 2023 allows purchaser to claim the “old” credit in 2023. (Page 386, line 20).

Since Tesla's dont currently qualify for the "old" credit mentioned in the new bill, any Tesla's ordered in 2022 would not be eligible even if delivered in 2023. You must order and have delivered in 2023 for Teslas.
  1. Transition provision for EVs with written sales orders dated in 2022 prior to the date of President signing the bill but delivered in 2023 allows purchaser to claim the “old” credit in 2023. (Page 386, line 20).
Could be Allows not has too. Because it has a higher msrp. So it would Benefit some. Depends on definition of allows

Yep, that's the sticking point. Before there was never a linkage to order date/delivery date, but now since there is an existing credit and new changes to the credit, there is some ability to grandfather in. That makes sense since income limits have changed, battery material sources have been restricted, and American manufacturing requirements have been added. People would be mighty pissed if they put a down payment on and purchased a car this summer being told they get a tax credit (a non GM or Tesla) and then the government went and changed the requirements so by the time they get their car in January 2023, they don't qualify any more.

This could still leave the door open to new cars qualify based on delivery date BUT if you don't qualify for the new credit you're allowed to claim the old credit based on your order date (when you were promised you would qualify)

Actually...you are wrong. That section is meant just for those who would qualify under the current rules, but won't qualify under the proposed rules. They actually have a choice under which rules they want to fall under. That doesn't apply to any Tesla since none of their cars are eligible for the tax credit under the current rules. If you look at Page 385, starting at line 24, you'll see it is all based on the day the car is put into service, not the day you order. The day the car is put into service is the day you buy it and sign the papers.
...the amendments made by this section shall apply to vehicles placed in service after December 31, 2022.
So those of us who live in states where Tesla isn't allowed to sell cars (like me) and have to pre-pay before your car gets shipped, need to be very careful to not pay or sign anything until at least January 1, 2023.

The journey is soon to be over. :cool:
CE20770C-4B05-42E2-8398-0951C383E221.jpeg

She’s finally here guys! It’s a mix of emotions. I was supposed to pickup last Tuesday but one day before delivery, they postponed delivery until Saturday. I was honestly a little discouraged by the multiple EDD delays but I have to say the wait is worth it. Beautiful car and amazing drive! Waited 4 months and a halt for it.
OD: 04/14, Delivery: 08/27. White/white/no tow/no FDS. VIN: F520
It came with summer Pirellis, new panels, no PPF, no mud flaps. Thank you for keeping everyone updated and encouraged. Good luck!

Attachments

• 9FCFE710-9A1D-41B2-919E-16381F31C5E3.jpeg
    9FCFE710-9A1D-41B2-919E-16381F31C5E3.jpeg
    754.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 4A07D6C1-A49D-4E73-A4A1-A89F5B875200.jpeg
    4A07D6C1-A49D-4E73-A4A1-A89F5B875200.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Bob2C and djuzi05