Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a notice 5 min ago with a VIN
MYP EDD Feb 21 to Mar 6 East Coast FL

Sadly, the VINs 11th character is F for Fremont.
This no doubt apply to others with similar delivery dates.

Is there any likelihood that the MYP coming from Fremont will have 4680 batteries and casts?

What are my options?

I have a 2014 Model S "tweener" car, so I have something to drive for as long as I need it.

What would you do?

Reactions: Stook02ss

Is there any likelihood that the MYP coming from Fremont will have 4680 batteries and casts?

What are my options?

I have a 2014 Model S "tweener" car, so I have something to drive for as long as I need it.

What would you do?
I was going to hold out for a 4680 myself, but I'm starting to think I may just take delivery of whatever I get.... I'll just be super picky at delivery.

I look at it like this - all of this waiting is killing me. I'm starting to think that selling and rebuying will be less of a hassle than playing the waiting game. Hopefully I'm able to turn a profit if I do sell, but if not, I'd likely only lose a few grand when taxes are accounted for. Beats waiting forever, possibly enduring a price cut or even finding out they decided to a) hold off doing 4680 for another 2-3 months and/or b) only make MYLR with them for now.

That and interest rates could rise another 1-1.5% in the next 2-4 months and the cost may be upped again... the MYP is a bargain atm given the upcharge for a M3P is $8,000 and MYP was $10,000 more than the MYLR at the start of 2021.

Last edited:

What are my options?

What would you do?
Also, I was under the impression that at least half of the Model Y already is cast, the Austin cars will simply have the rest done that way. As for your options - I think you can reject the VIN. That might buy you a day or a week... or a month... not sure though. I do know that if you reject it too many times they'll cancel your order. If I do reject my VIN, it'll likely because it was an older one - I'm not accepting any car that I think* may have already been rejected by someone else.

Also, I was under the impression that at least half of the Model Y already is cast, the Austin cars will simply have the rest done that way. As for your options - I think you can reject the VIN. That might buy you a day or a week... or a month... not sure though. I do know that if you reject it too many times they'll cancel your order. If I do reject my VIN, it'll likely because it was an older one - I'm not accepting any car that I think* may have already been rejected by someone else.
Thanks for the info.
How do I go about rejecting the VIN?

I am not opposed to canceling because the configure guide shows that I can still get an MYP in March, so it appears the wait won't be that long.
I guess I could wait until I see someone here on the blog state that they have an Austin MYP or an MYP from Fremont with 4680s and casts.

I've had a number of Teslas so the "gotta have a Tesla - can't wait" feeling is not a factor for me.

Perhaps I need to reject the VIN for as long as I can and then cancel unless they cancel me first. Forfeiting the $250 is not a big deal, considering the alternative (getting yesterday's technology). I ordered with a Mar delivery date, after being told Austin would be producing vehicles by the end of the year.

Thanks for the info.
How do I go about rejecting the VIN?

I am not opposed to canceling because the configure guide shows that I can still get an MYP in March, so it appears the wait won't be that long.
I guess I could wait until I see someone here on the blog state that they have an Austin MYP or an MYP from Fremont with 4680s and casts.

I've had a number of Teslas so the "gotta have a Tesla - can't wait" feeling is not a factor for me.

Perhaps I need to reject the VIN for as long as I can and then cancel unless they cancel me first. Forfeiting the $250 is not a big deal, considering the alternative (getting yesterday's technology). I ordered with a Mar delivery date, after being told Austin would be producing vehicles by the end of the year.
I hear ya. I would be more inclined to cancel if the price hadn't already gone up by $1k. It isn't a ton in the long-run and I may/may not still do it if the price doesn't rise again between now and when my first VIN is assigned (likely no earlier than March 1st), but there's no guarantee that it'll take much more than a couple weeks to get another car - its a crap shoot. I swear I saw someone on here who ordered in very late Jan/first couple days of February that just got a VIN.

As for how to reject - I don't know, its my first Tesla, its just something I heard you can do. I'd just check your online profile - if that doesnt' work, I'd call your service advisor.

MYP black/white interior, tow hitch, no FSD

Original EDD: 3/7-3/31
New EDD as of this morning: 2/25-3/8

How are the EDDs for MYP shrinking significantly for everyone? I’m guessing most people are declining delivery with hopes of the 4680s?

Part of me wants it now and part of me wants to see how the delivery of 4680s plays out.

Reactions: Fairchild
This is exactly what I am doing. I am waiting until I hear someone with VIN from Austin.
If you do get to place your order again, that's what you should do and you will be in a long waiting game again.

Austin + 4680 + End of March : Does everyone believe in that timeline? After all the 'promises' that Tesla was able to deliver?? Especially with the environment that we are in now? Shortage in everything? I wouldn't be too surprised to see someone with a such Y in their hands sometime in June.
Fremont + 4680 : My realistic guess, sometime in next year

This is exactly what I am doing. I am waiting until I hear someone with VIN from Austin.
If you do get to place your order again, that's what you should do and you will be in a long waiting game again.

Austin + 4680 + End of March : Does everyone believe in that timeline? After all the 'promises' that Tesla was able to deliver?? Especially with the environment that we are in now? Shortage in everything? I wouldn't be too surprised to see someone with a such Y in their hands sometime in June.
Fremont + 4680 : My realistic guess, sometime in next year
I did believe March. Now I think it could be early March or late April.... all seem equally plausible to me.

Hey all! New to the forum;

Model Y Performance, ordered Feb 1st, current est delivery is Feb 27 - March 27.

Are we thinking this should actually happen? Haven't received VIN yet or anything, but as to be expected since that was only a week ago it was ordered.

Hey all! New to the forum;

Model Y Performance, ordered Feb 1st, current est delivery is Feb 27 - March 27.

Are we thinking this should actually happen? Haven't received VIN yet or anything, but as to be expected since that was only a week ago it was ordered.
If you're central/Eastern US, that seems to be where they are prioritizing at the moment. I could be wrong, but I'll be someone that orders in late-February/early March is likely to actually have a longer wait seeing as they'd be prioritizing west coast deliveries that month.

Just going based on what others have said, granted it does make sense and match up with what we're seeing in terms of whose getting the shortest/soonest EDDs.

Having 2 separate chassis/battery designs in the same model year will cause havoc for body shops who need to repair these when they start getting smooshed. How will they lookup parts for the right one? (I know by VIN, but still, mistakes will be made) -- people be waiting weeks for a part and find out its the wrong one. Yikes.

Last edited:
I'm getting mine on Feb 16. I'm okay with the Fremont one. Recent posts show that the vast majority of the Fremont ones are coming out with very few flaws. The concern i have with Austin is that it may take a while for the flaws to get worked out, and i'm not willing to wait that long. Plus, I'm thinking that the 4680 are being tagged as revolutionary, but that technology is still very new. While it's being touted, i would have much more faith in it after it's proven.

Lastly, I would be a bit more willing to wait if I was thinking of future value and resale. I'm not as concerned with that since i'll likely to drive this car till it's almost dead. At that point, I foresee there being little difference in the sale vale having too much consideration of the type of battery I have or at that time. Especially since battery updates will probably happen more often! Elon is already talking about how to make future improvements. If a new technology were to come out in 2023,2024, etc., everything is going to be seen as "old" at some point! Plus, at some point, there will be aftermarket battery solutions that will retrofit that will be as good.

I don't have much worry about the range or weight which are the main benefits. To me, getting it now weighs heavier. Also, the price has gone up too, so i don't want to be dinged for the new price. When i asked about holding my reservation or making changes, one SA told me that I may need to pay the current value of the car to do so, which is higher. Granted, that SA really had NO CLUE and was spewing a bunch of incorrect info, but anyway, it's not worth the aggravation. I will take that money and will invest in PPF or a new coilover set!

After deciding to keep the Fremont car, i also feel that i've gain 16 hours of my day back. No longer am I visiting this forum, Reddit sites, news, twitter, etc to get the new annoucments. I'm content! FINALLY!!!

Having 2 separate chassis/battery designs in the same model year will cause havoc for body shops who need to repair these when they start getting smooshed. How will they lookup parts for the right one? (I know by VIN, but still, mistakes will be made) -- people be waiting weeks for a part and find out its the wrong one. Yikes.
As a repairer, I can tell you it's no different than the 1000's of Model S variations.