Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear you! I ordered Feb 12. MYP, Blue/Black, Tow, No FSD and have had my EDD moved AT LEAST 4 times. Currently sitting at 5/30-6/27.

I would love to see a VIN soon. I would probably, actually mount and install my wall connector and really start to get excited again. As-is, I have almost given up. If it gets bumped again, I am probably going to look at buying something else altogether.. I have always wanted a Porsche. LOL
For giggles today I stopped by the SC and talked to somebody. They haven't even seen a MYP in months. The SA said I should have it by mid june which is super not awesome. Nobody has any idea what's happening.

Update

On May 5th a Tesla rep told me over the phone and later by text on that i would likely be getting a VIN in the next few days. Also at that time my EDD was May 14-28. Then on May 10th Tesla unilaterally changed my delivery location from Illinois to Nebraska (I live in Iowa) and pushed delivery out to July-September.

What's the point of selecting a pickup location if they are just going to unilaterally change it on you at whim so they can push off delivery? Has this happened to anyone else?

Original MYLR Order Date: October 22, 2021
Updated MYP Order Date: March 15, 2022

had a two week window in April
had a 10 day window in May

I hope whoever ended up/ends up getting the MYP that was supposed to be designated for me enjoys driving it while I wait. The only silver lining to this bait and switch tomfoolery.

Updated yesterday to 5/31-6/12. Color me skeptical. Twice bitten, thrice shy babe.

OD was 3/11

Original EDD was May 1 - June 4

Then 5/30 - 7/4

Then 5/25 - 6/22

Then 5/23 - 6/6

Now 5/18 to 5/22

Paid full balance just now (5/19) so they better not push the date out! Ha!

I am due to take delivery tomorrow. While reviewing the docs in the app, it said my car has 15 miles on the odometer. Just wondering if this is normal For a brand new car. What kind of mileage is on other recent deliveries? This all came together really quickly (see EDD changes above). I selected delivery for late tomorrow afternoon and the advisor called me today and asked if I wanted to pick it up today. But I was out of town and not returning until very late tonight. Makes me wonder if this delivery was meant for someone else and they turned it down. VIN is 4449XX.

I am due to take delivery tomorrow. While reviewing the docs in the app, it said my car has 15 miles on the odometer. Just wondering if this is normal For a brand new car. What kind of mileage is on other recent deliveries? This all came together really quickly (see EDD changes above). I selected delivery for late tomorrow afternoon and the advisor called me today and asked if I wanted to pick it up today. But I was out of town and not returning until very late tonight. Makes me wonder if this delivery was meant for someone else and they turned it down. VIN is 4449XX.
I would think the chances are very high that car was rejected, or the order couldn’t complete for some other reason. As you can see, your wait time is very short as opposed to others.

Mine also states 15 miles. I ordered in April and was assigned a vin on 5/11 and was assigned a delivery window 5/13. Was able to push my delivery to 5/20. vin is 437xxx. Apparently my build date is 5/7 per the SA

Reactions: M0delYPerf
Try switching to LR and then back to P. Combined with Cali location is 90% immediate VIN.
I’ve counted a total of 20-25 people in the last week just reading on this thread alone that have switched from MYLR to MYP. I can imagine that number in the real world being more like 50+ switches. It would make sense that for those of us who ordered an MYP from the get go initially had an April- may EDD at first has been pushed to June-July. Tesla needs to change their process asap

The sad part is the people switching from LR to MYP know nothing about a Performance Model Y they just want the car quicker. It’s sad that these people are getting prioritized. All I read on here is MYLR people switching asking about how rough the ride is on a MYP and have simply done 0 research and have no idea what kind of car they are getting into.

Reactions: andebria and RC81
I’ve counted a total of 20-25 people in the last week just reading on this thread alone that have switched from MYLR to MYP. I can imagine that number in the real world being more like 50+ switches. It would make sense that for those of us who ordered an MYP from the get go initially had an April- may EDD at first has been pushed to June-July. Tesla needs to change their process asap

The sad part is the people switching from LR to MYP know nothing about a Performance Model Y they just want the car quicker. It’s sad that these people are getting prioritized. All I read on here is MYLR people switching asking about how rough the ride is on a MYP and have simply done 0 research and have no idea what kind of car they are getting into.
I think it's even higher than that if we track the number of VIN's get announced on this forum vs how many get produced out of Fremont. We're capturing a very small portion of the total.

Congrats to everyone getting VINs!

Order Date- 2/26
MYP- Blue/White
Tow, no FSD
EDD started at 4/30 - 5/28, but has been pushed several times and has been sitting at 5/22 - 6/19 for a few weeks.
Picking up in Devon, PA. No VIN, hoping to see some movement soon!
You're 1st person I've seen with exact same config as me - Blue/White/Tow/no FSD. My EDD is similar at 5/23-06/06. OD 1/27, Utah.

Reactions: M0delYPerf