Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you located? If you switched to MYP 2 weeks after I ordered a MYP and have a shorter EDD I’m going to go freaking berserk.
She switched 5/14. Keep in mind though color is a big factor. She ordered black on black. For some reason, black seems to come quicker. It seems all the people like you and me that ordered in late April and choose white exterior have the same late July-early Sept window. I'm hoping they update our window in a few weeks since it will be less than a month of Quarter 2 remaining.

Reactions: Otrori
She switched 5/14. Keep in mind though color is a big factor. She ordered black on black. For some reason, black seems to come quicker. It seems all the people like you and me that ordered in late April and choose white exterior have the same late July-early Sept window. I'm hoping they update our window in a few weeks since it will be less than a month of Quarter 2 remaining.
Here’s hoping. I haven’t even had anyone reach out or anything, I just have to live off of hopium from reading these forums lol. I live in OK where I own a black car and it gets so stupidly hot in the summer I simply didn’t want to have that again, so white/white it was.

Reactions: Jrhcustom91
Here’s hoping. I haven’t even had anyone reach out or anything, I just have to live off of hopium from reading these forums lol. I live in OK where I own a black car and it gets so stupidly hot in the summer I simply didn’t want to have that again, so white/white it was.
🤞🤞🤞. I hear that. It's stupid hot right now In Myrtle Beach, SC. As much as I think the black is really pretty, I refuse to because of the stupid heat. I started a thread for MYP April/May od July-Sep edd. No one else did and already got a few peeps in there. Feel free to join the group as there are only people that ordered in our window.

Reactions: Otrori
Not true on the black

Reactions: blinkme323
I'm like you. I literally have notifications so I check everything someone posts lol. On a different subject, I am so close to adding FSD as I will definitely use it daily for commute to and from work in traffic, however, it depends on how much tesla will give me for my trade you know? If they kick me in the balls with a $10,000 lower than the value of my car then that eats up the $12,000 I was gonna spend on the FSD =/ dilemmas

Reactions: M0delYPerf
I'm like you. I literally have notifications so I check everything someone posts lol. On a different subject, I am so close to adding FSD as I will definitely use it daily for commute to and from work in traffic, however, it depends on how much tesla will give me for my trade you know? If they kick me in the balls with a $10,000 lower than the value of my car then that eats up the $12,000 I was gonna spend on the FSD =/ dilemmas
I added it and was promptly yelled at by my wife for spending 12K on something that “isn’t even out” yet. No regrets lol

I’ve counted a total of 20-25 people in the last week just reading on this thread alone that have switched from MYLR to MYP. I can imagine that number in the real world being more like 50+ switches. It would make sense that for those of us who ordered an MYP from the get go initially had an April- may EDD at first has been pushed to June-July. Tesla needs to change their process asap

The sad part is the people switching from LR to MYP know nothing about a Performance Model Y they just want the car quicker. It’s sad that these people are getting prioritized. All I read on here is MYLR people switching asking about how rough the ride is on a MYP and have simply done 0 research and have no idea what kind of car they are getting into.
No need to judge why other people do things. Not everyone switched to get the car quicker. I switched last week for several reasons that has nothing to do with getting it faster. I have to say i AM concerned with the rougher ride, but the matrix headlights, and 21" wheels make it worth it to me. And i am aware the bigger wheels ARE part of the reason why it is a bumpier ride. So, yes, i am one of those people who did ask people for their experience with the performance's ride, but that is actually part of the research (to me at least), as well as reading blogs, articles, and watching videos.

With that being said, i wish Tesla did NOT prioritize my order as i am not planning to accept delivery with their new EDD of June 19-July 17. I wanted to stay in my timeframe of July-Sept. If it is that us people who are changing are getting priority, i do think it is highly unfair and should be corrected asap