Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not if you already have a reservation. Your price won’t go up. If for some weird reason Tesla lowered the price, then yours would also go down, but never up.
Hmmmm. That’s not what I was told a while back. If a change the reservation other than removing software upgrade(self driving) would result in current pricing being applied. It even mentions it on the website when you go to edit design.

Hmmmm. That’s not what I was told a while back. If a change the reservation other than removing software upgrade(self driving) would result in current pricing being applied. It even mentions it on the website when you go to edit design.
Interesting because that’s not what I was told. I’ve seen people here mention changing their orders and never said anything about a huge price increase. Either way, if I change my MYP order to MYLR before any potential price increase, if it means getting it after January 1st and saving $7500…it’s worth it for me to give up the Performance version. We’ll just have to see.

Reactions: Bob2C
Interesting because that’s not what I was told. I’ve seen people here mention changing their orders and never said anything about a huge price increase. Either way, if I change my MYP order to MYLR before any potential price increase, if it means getting it after January 1st and saving $7500…it’s worth it for me to give up the Performance version. We’ll just have to see.
I’ve changed back and forth between LR and P and the price is always what it was when you buy it. SAs will tell you it will be at the new price but it never is for anyone. You are locked in to the price from the time of your initial order even if you switch

Reactions: Bob2C and greenmonk
I’ve changed back and forth between LR and P and the price is always what it was when you buy it. SAs will tell you it will be at the new price but it never is for anyone. You are locked in to the price from the time of your initial order even if you switch
Now switching from a y to an s may be another story. But you can make as many changes with in a model and get the old price. LR to P, towing, color. I ordered a second one right before the last price hike to trade in in a year, unless interest rates are to high.

Reactions: greenmonk
This is it boys! I got the email this afternoon letting me pick the delivery dates. It’s either the 2nd or the 3rd so I chose the latter one.
Anyone recently had delivery but still has a Fremont car? I thought they’re all coming from Austin now?
Edmonton, AB here.
52FE9803-E10D-4DFE-949E-F582B2F8594B.jpeg

Reactions: Corndart and Bob2C
merc65fd you definitely can get a refund of your $7500. It reduces your overall tax liability by $7500. It has nothing to do on whether you owe or not at the end of the tax year. So that pretty much means if you make enough to afford a Y you will qualify (unless you are OVER the cap). The exact number is hard to calculate but if you are single making over something like 70k, you would qualify (unless you had a lot of other deductions).

merc65fd you definitely can get a refund of your $7500. It reduces your overall tax liability by $7500. It has nothing to do on whether you owe or not at the end of the tax year. So that pretty much means if you make enough to afford a Y you will qualify (unless you are OVER the cap). The exact number is hard to calculate but if you are single making over something like 70k, you would qualify (unless you had a lot of other deductions).
I’ve got enough deductions to not be near that $7,500, lol.

However, it’s also been converted to a refundable credit from everything I’ve been reading.

I changed from P to LR a couple weeks ago. I originally ordered P in June for this particular order before the latest increase. When I switched to LR a couple weeks ago it gave me the old price it would have been when I ordered the P. Everyone on this site that has switched to a P to get it sooner that ordered their LR last year get the price of the P from a year ago when they ordered. There are hundreds of post about it, I have not read one where someone had to pay the current price when they switched.

Reactions: greenmonk
I’m slightly off here so here is the text.

• Federal tax credit for EVs maintained at $7,500
    • Eliminates tax credit cap after automakers hit 200,000 EVs sold, making GM and Tesla once again eligible
    • The language in the bill indicates that the tax credit would be implemented at the point of sale instead of on taxes.
    • In order to get the full credit, the electric vehicle needs to be assembled in North America, the majority of battery components need to come from North America, and contain a certain percentage of minerals from countries with free trade agreements with the US.
  • A new federal tax credit of $4,000 for used EVs
  • Zero-emission vans, SUVs, and trucks with MSRPs up to $80,000 qualify.
  • Electric sedans priced up to $55,000 MSRP qualify.
  • The full EV tax credit will be available to individuals reporting adjusted gross incomes of $150,000 or less, $300,000 for joint filers.
IMO , very sketchy about what I heard yesterday. Maybe it will be clearer once congress approves the new bill . I guess in some ways it's better than before in terms of Federal tax credit