Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be picking up from Mt. Kisco…after getting the VIN today, spoke with the delivery advisor at Mt. Kisco. Nice guy, he said getting the VIN indicates Factory has made the car and is now on its way to NY. It takes 10 to 14 days. They track the shipment and once closer they will send a text to schedule delivery. Do not pay for your insurance before hand…the scheduled delivery date should be the date to start insurance.
Nice! Thanks for the insurance info. My EDD just tightened this morning to feb 17-26… I can already smell the vegan leather!

I ordered my Model Y performance at the end of October. I leaned to the MYP over LR to get it sooner. Originally, delivery was estimated in Jan 2022. Then it got moved to December, then Jan/Feb again.

Now, it got moved to March.

Has anyone else who has a nearing delivery date seen the same thing? Could it br related to the delay in opening giga texas.

Or could it be a good thing to give time to ramp up the 4680?

Thoughts?

Ordered my MYP Blue/White on Nov 26th. Just received notice that my EDD has changed from (Feb 21- Mar21) to (Feb 21 - Mar 6).

So, IMHO, Austin is beginning to kick ass and crank out some new Model Ys with 4680s (as Elon stated in the earnings call).

I hope to see a VIN with a big "A" in it soon and I hope to see a MODEL YP with 4680s and all the toys "hatching" in my driveway soon.

Plan B: If the vehicle does not have the 4680s, I will attempt to delay, or if not allowed I will cancel and reorder.

My old 2014 S "tweener" horse is still galloping along, although last week I learned more than I ever wanted to know about power window regulators. Telsa and most manufacturers use plastic connector clips which over time crack. It's such a helpless feeling to see your window slide away into the door, to never return. Ordered some engineered aluminum clips from AZ (apparently I am not alone) and took on the job to save the minimum of a $750 Tesla SC repair.

Ordered my MYP Blue/White on Nov 26th. Just received notice that my EDD has changed from (Feb 21- Mar21) to (Feb 21 - Mar 6).

So, IMHO, Austin is beginning to kick ass and crank out some new Model Ys with 4680s (as Elon stated in the earnings call).

I hope to see a VIN with a big "A" in it soon and I hope to see a MODEL YP with 4680s and all the toys "hatching" in my driveway soon.

Plan B: If the vehicle does not have the 4680s, I will attempt to delay, or if not allowed I will cancel and reorder.

My old 2014 S "tweener" horse is still galloping along, although last week I learned more than I ever wanted to know about power window regulators. Telsa and most manufacturers use plastic connector clips which over time crack. It's such a helpless feeling to see your window slide away into the door, to never return. Ordered some engineered aluminum clips from AZ (apparently I am not alone) and took on the job to save the minimum of a $750 Tesla SC repair.
Good luck man, I hope you are right, I'd also love an A vin!

I am waiting at least till end of March before pulling the trigger.
Not only for the battery but ramping up the actual production and ironing out any production issues do take time.

I'm hoping that by end of March we may see the three new multi coat colors offered as color options for MYP.
I think these colors can only be made in Austin's new paint shop and not at Fremont for quite some time.
When it's possible to specify the new colors (likely at first only for MYP) I think it will guarantee your car will be
from Austin and therefore have 4680, castings front and rear, etc.
I don't know when Tesla is likely to add them. Has anyone heard anything new on this? Thx.

I'm hoping that by end of March we may see the three new multi coat colors offered as color options for MYP.
I think these colors can only be made in Austin's new paint shop and not at Fremont for quite some time.
When it's possible to specify the new colors (likely at first only for MYP) I think it will guarantee your car will be
I don't know when Tesla is likely to add them. Has anyone heard anything new on this? Thx.
The first place we should see it is in the configuration page. They want to get up to production speed first, so I would estimate some time between summer and the end of the year in U.S.

I like this theory. This is now my plan as well!

The first place we should see it is in the configuration page. They want to get up to production speed first, so I would estimate some time between summer and the end of the year in U.S.

Yes, the configuration page was where I plan to check weekly.

I did a bit of research and learned that like Gigapress Tesla is buying it's paint shop from a company based in Italy - Geico Teiki-Shai.
The Geico paint shop components have been installed in both Berlin and Austin for a year or more. I'd love to know where Elon's Deep Crimson MS was painted. Probably a new Plaind MS was transported to Austin to be painted at the new shop there.

I think Tesla has the new shop all dialed in to produce the new colors anytime they want to offer them. My guess is that there is some non trivial amount of time required to switch from one paint color to another. Enough that it makes sense to offer only Black and White performance MYs when Berlin has the green light to begin deliveries and begin gradually ramping to higher rates of production.

What we don't know is what step in the ramping takes weekly production rate up to the point where they will offer the current line up of colors on vehicles built at Berlin. When they do, they may also open up the new higher quality colors (for more $) as well. Or wait on that for weekly production to get higher still. AFAIK Tesla hasn't announced whether Austin's initial MY production will have all current standard colors or just black and white like Berlin. Likely depends on backlog of EU orders which specify black or white. Once they work through them they've got to make all the colors.

Then there is the question of how they finesse producing two very different MY versions. Current version in Fremont and 4680/structural pack version in Austin. That is anybody's guess. My guess is when Austin starts production later this month or next, only performance MYs will be made initially and Fremont will only make LR MY. Price for performance MY will be increased 5 or 10K, plus a few K extra if you select one of the new fancier colors. If Tesla elects to only do black and white first at Austin and then makes old and new colors available together, then perhaps we see new colors on the config page in April or May. Fingers crossed! :D

Yes, the configuration page was where I plan to check weekly.

I did a bit of research and learned that like Gigapress Tesla is buying it's paint shop from a company based in Italy - Geico Teiki-Shai.
The Geico paint shop components have been installed in both Berlin and Austin for a year or more. I'd love to know where Elon's Deep Crimson MS was painted. Probably a new Plaind MS was transported to Austin to be painted at the new shop there.

I think Tesla has the new shop all dialed in to produce the new colors anytime they want to offer them. My guess is that there is some non trivial amount of time required to switch from one paint color to another. Enough that it makes sense to offer only Black and White performance MYs when Berlin has the green light to begin deliveries and begin gradually ramping to higher rates of production.

What we don't know is what step in the ramping takes weekly production rate up to the point where they will offer the current line up of colors on vehicles built at Berlin. When they do, they may also open up the new higher quality colors (for more $) as well. Or wait on that for weekly production to get higher still. AFAIK Tesla hasn't announced whether Austin's initial MY production will have all current standard colors or just black and white like Berlin. Likely depends on backlog of EU orders which specify black or white. Once they work through them they've got to make all the colors.

Then there is the question of how they finesse producing two very different MY versions. Current version in Fremont and 4680/structural pack version in Austin. That is anybody's guess. My guess is when Austin starts production later this month or next, only performance MYs will be made initially and Fremont will only make LR MY. Price for performance MY will be increased 5 or 10K, plus a few K extra if you select one of the new fancier colors. If Tesla elects to only do black and white first at Austin and then makes old and new colors available together, then perhaps we see new colors on the config page in April or May. Fingers crossed! :D
Great info and research! Being on the east coast I've got at least a chance at an Austin car, but my color is MSM - I'd gladly switch to white or black to get an Austin car!