Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aweome. I am trying to decide whether to order now or wait and see what happens with the battery production in Austin
IMO 4680 isn't worth a wait. 2170 battery already has 10+/- yrs of empirical data and probably lasts longer than most of us . It's the internal benefits to Tesla , not customers. Either battery would work for me but I won't wait unless for a price drop which is unlikely at present

Reactions: Bob2C
Are you implying he will raise prices $7500 to eat up all the credit? That would be pretty slimy on top of all the recent price increases/gouging...
I am lol. We've seen that people are still willing to pay higher prices for these vehicles, and Elon knows that. As much as I love the car, I can't stand Elon and his decisions, so this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Reactions: dnstommy
I am lol. We've seen that people are still willing to pay higher prices for these vehicles, and Elon knows that. As much as I love the car, I can't stand Elon and his decisions, so this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Unless he drastically changes how they do things, if you’ve got an order you’ve locked in your price. If you have delivery in October/November it wouldn’t be hard to ask your SA to release it and delay to January.

He *might* start to push that if you delay your order is canceled, but a 30-60 day delay doesn’t seem crazy to me… is those 6-9 month delays that drive them insane.

Unless he drastically changes how they do things, if you’ve got an order you’ve locked in your price. If you have delivery in October/November it wouldn’t be hard to ask your SA to release it and delay to January.

He *might* start to push that if you delay your order is canceled, but a 30-60 day delay doesn’t seem crazy to me… is those 6-9 month delays that drive them insane.
Or if you recently ordered and MYP (like me), you can just change your order to an MYLR w/7 seats and tow package and you'll easily be pushed past Jan. 1st! Then once January hits, change it back to MYP. It's really not that hard to delay an order with the current wait times. LOL Even the SA I was working with before ordering gave that suggestion to me if I needed to delay an order.

Or if you recently ordered and MYP (like me), you can just change your order to an MYLR w/7 seats and tow package and you'll easily be pushed past Jan. 1st! Then once January hits, change it back to MYP. It's really not that hard to delay an order with the current wait times. LOL Even the SA I was working with before ordering gave that suggestion to me if I needed to delay an order.
What if the price increases? I have a feeling Tesla will raise the price for the model Y. It’s considered and SUV thus the price can go up to 80k. Risky if you ask me.

I don’t think the Model Y will qualify. I believe the cars that qualify can’t be more than 55k.
I’m slightly off here so here is the text.

• Federal tax credit for EVs maintained at $7,500
    • Eliminates tax credit cap after automakers hit 200,000 EVs sold, making GM and Tesla once again eligible
    • The language in the bill indicates that the tax credit would be implemented at the point of sale instead of on taxes.
    • In order to get the full credit, the electric vehicle needs to be assembled in North America, the majority of battery components need to come from North America, and contain a certain percentage of minerals from countries with free trade agreements with the US.
  • A new federal tax credit of $4,000 for used EVs
  • Zero-emission vans, SUVs, and trucks with MSRPs up to $80,000 qualify.
  • Electric sedans priced up to $55,000 MSRP qualify.
  • The full EV tax credit will be available to individuals reporting adjusted gross incomes of $150,000 or less, $300,000 for joint filers.