Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP has judder if hard acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, 4000 miles and my MYP had just developed front wheel judder when accelerating from 70 mph upwards. Wheels the balance, alignment tr fone on Hunter machine. Changing tire pressures makes no difference. Ford have MPP comfort suspension and bush inserts do the shafts run flatter so that should help. I guess it's cv shafts. Not sure Tesla will replace them with the suspension mods do I guess I will have to change it all back to stock, what a bore. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Or thing to try?

Hi, 4000 miles and my MYP had just developed front wheel judder when accelerating from 70 mph upwards. Wheels the balance, alignment tr fone on Hunter machine. Changing tire pressures makes no difference. Ford have MPP comfort suspension and bush inserts do the shafts run flatter so that should help. I guess it's cv shafts. Not sure Tesla will replace them with the suspension mods do I guess I will have to change it all back to stock, what a bore. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Or thing to try?

Literally don’t understand what you’re asking. 🤷‍♂️

I was in exactly same place as you. It was front drive shaft on one side but changed both. As I have extensive suspension mode I did it myself. Took the risk of buying half shafts direct from a factory in China. Paid extra shipping and got them in about 3 weeks. Got the necessary pullers and fork levers from AutoZone free loan program. Only slight problem is getting the retaining rings on inner end of shafts to click into drive box.took me about 4 hrs a side but at 78 age is not in my side, ha. Total cure!