Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - Initial Impressions (vs '20 MYLR)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 3/9 MYP
EDD: 6/3-6/17 (as of early May)
Assigned VIN: 5/25 (F440)
Picked up: 5/28

Delivery: Seemless transaction. Was in and out in 15 minutes, of which 2 minutes was finding and using the restroom. Keep in mind this is my 2nd MY. First was 2020 MYLR (one of the 1st 1,500 VINs).

Built quality: Unlike the 1st one, build quality was pretty damn solid. Car was a bit dirty (even though they said they "detailed" it), but I didn't really find any issues that'll warrant a SC appt. I might spend more time tomorrow, but pretty surprised so far.

New stuff: It's got everything I was hoping for. 12V lithium ion battery, AMD Ryzen chip, hepa filter / bio-defense mode, and dual-paned windows (front only). It did also come with heated wipers, but I didn't care too much about that since I'm in SoCal. One of my worries was whether I was going to get the summer or all-season tires. Luckily, I did get the Michelin AS tires. Ironically, when I was inspecting the car, I had 2 separate owners come up to me and ask how I got the AS tires. Apparently they also ordered their MYP in March, but they both got the summer tires and were kinda bummed about it. So yah, I got pretty lucky.

Drive: I've only driven like 30-40 miles so far, but I've pretty impressed. You can definitely feel a difference between LR and P in terms of acceleration. Don't get me wrong, the LR was plenty powerful already, but the P is unnecessarily fast. :) Also, when I initially ordered the P, I was tentative and read a few articles about the rougher ride with the P. Well, no concerns one bit. It's pretty much the same, maybe even slightly better than my original LR. The factory tire pressure was all set to 42 psi, so 1st thing I did was lower that to 39 psi when I brought her home.

Overall: Maybe it's all in my head, but I feel like the '22 version is just more solid vs the '20 version. I'm really surprised about the improved build quality. Now is it like an European car? No. But I knew that already. Again, I've only driven this for 30-40 miles today, but it's definitely an upgrade from my first MY.

Hope that helps.

29EF71F7-88E1-4439-9886-60AEB2565EA7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pics…..
I wonder what the perfect fitment (IMO) would be as far as tire/wheel size to fill the wheel well as I have on my current car. I don't like for there to be a lot of empty space. I have an MYLR with 20" wheels on order and from what I've seen online I'll either need to get more sidewall on my replacement tires or bigger wheels and tires. Leaning more toward bigger tires and keeping the stock wheels.

OP, did you notice a difference in speed with the infotainment Intel vs AMD??

I did. With the Intel, when I reversed and the backup camera popped up, sometimes I would notice a lag with the camera motion. Same when I used Youtube and streaming some videos for the kids.
With the AMD, no lag and/or shorter buffer time. Keep in mind, I've only had my car for 3 weeks, but yes, a noticeable difference (in a good way).

Reactions: jf64k