Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, quoted my 3 cars (2 MY's) and it came out to $850/6 months. That is extremely cheap. Reviews are kind of all over the place.

Does anyone have any Experience with Costco Connect Insurance (Home or Auto)? Any issues with repairs, or claims?
Been with them forever, home and auto, never an issue with claims. First was totaled vehicle in 2010 (they were American Express insurance I think at that point) , latest was 2020 with a minor front end cosmetic repair. They have little/not local presence but dealing with them for adding/removing cars, drivers, processing claims has always been easy.

Reactions: OCJeff
I just got a quote from Costco Connect for my M3 only.. no bundle and it was 587 for 6 months.. that about 600 cheaper than AAA with a multi-car/house/etc discounts.. So now I'm thinking :)
I'm in the same boat. I just know if I switch I'll have to cross my fingers and hope I never have a claim with them (seems like their customer service is hit or miss).

These reviews are pretty bad....

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. I just know if I switch I'll have to cross my fingers and hope I never have a claim with them (seems like their customer service is hit or miss).
They paid off a total loss on a vehicle in 2010, I had the check within a week, and fairly valued as well. Second claim was me hitting a racoon and breaking some plastics off the front of the vehicle. Took pictures of the damage and uploaded via mobile app, they gave a "guesstimate" that turned out to be pretty close to the actual, along with recommendations on where to get it fixed (but it was still my choice). They paid the repair shop directly minus my deductible. Glass coverage has also been painless. No complaints / "hit or miss" from my experiences with them.

Reactions: SteelClouds

My thinking is you're more likely than not to have to use it. And even if, Costco is so geared towards customer service that they will bend over backwards if you complain to them if you ever had bad service from their insurance partners. I'm sure they did their due diligence in picking partners that will deliver the same level, if not better, service than they do at their stores.

Certainly a $500 or 600 savings is very much worth any added risk you perceive there to be with the switch

My thinking is you're more likely than not to have to use it. And even if, Costco is so geared towards customer service that they will bend over backwards if you complain to them if you ever had bad service from their insurance partners. I'm sure they did their due diligence in picking partners that will deliver the same level, if not better, service than they do at their stores.

Certainly a $500 or 600 savings is very much worth any added risk you perceive there to be with the switch
Hummmm....

From their site:

*CONNECT powered by American Family Insurance is the brand name of American Family Connect Property and Casualty Insurance Company and American Family Connect Insurance Company, De Pere, WI, both of which have sole financial responsibility for their own products. Insurance is underwritten by either company, depending on the state. The American Family Connect Insurance Agency, Inc., places policies with related and unrelated insurers. Each insurer is solely responsible for the claims on its policies and pays the Agency for policies sold. Both underwriting companies and the Agency are subsidiaries of American Family Insurance Mutual Holding Company.

Costco Wholesale, Costco Insurance Agency, Inc. and its subsidiaries do not underwrite insurance, pay claims or guarantee any of the products or services offered by CONNECT, powered by American Family Insurance.

Well I jumped ship from USAA to Costco Connect for Auto. Saved over $700 every 6 months (3 cars, 2 Tesla + a Lexus and the 6 month rate was $890).

I‘m just hoping I don’t have any claims. Only had 2 in the last 10 years both not at fault and minor.

Kept home ins. with USAA since my zip code is "brush country" and not insurable.

Edit: For context, and "change of heart" from my prior post was some research on the company, and while not the best, still decently rated.

2021 U.S. Auto Insurance Study

Wawanesa has the best rates I’ve seen. I ditched AAA and went with them. My 2022 MYLR is $940 for 6 months coverage. If I had another car to bundle it would help. Got a cheaper rate than I did when I inquired about Tesla’s insurance.
Yup Wawanese has good rates. I've been with them for many years. Without a VIN they quoted me $550 for the year with my multiple car policy.

You guys are killing me!
I'm with Nationwide, they also have multiple cars with me (6) and several homes...

I'm paying $200/month for my MYP.

It's probably because I have a 21 year old, and 23 year old in the family and a soon to be new driver. I can have anyone in the family drive any of our cars, but wow... I can't believe how cheap everyone else is getting their insurance!

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyberspeed
You guys are killing me!
I'm with Nationwide, they also have multiple cars with me (6) and several homes...

I'm paying $200/month for my MYP.

It's probably because I have a 21 year old, and 23 year old in the family and a soon to be new driver. I can have anyone in the family drive any of our cars, but wow... I can't believe how cheap everyone else is getting their insurance!
guess I need to enjoy my MYP for a few more years then sell it and get a prius.... Those rates are nuts....