Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry Man but, we are going to need a how-to!

Looks great!
Unfortunately, I did not record any tutorials while recording but the site where it came from has one.

Unfortunately, I did not record any tutorials while recording but the site where it came from has one.
Idk why I said recording I meant Installing oops. Also thank you 😃

Cool! I just installed a set of ambient lights last week as well. Mine are a little bit different from yours, with the dash lights being wedged between the metal trim piece and wood (mine was replaced with carbon fiber) instead of taped. I love them so far and hopefully they can last for a while.

7BD757E8-3DC6-49C1-8B81-81FF027B5BBA.jpeg

D024C149-5949-4758-AD39-16703BD1FCF6.jpeg

1930EC10-573B-44AA-9063-1C6F8F2915D5.jpeg

Cool! I just installed a set of ambient lights last week as well. Mine are a little bit different from yours, with the dash lights being wedged between the metal trim piece and wood (mine was replaced with carbon fiber) instead of taped. I love them so far and hopefully they can last for a while.

View attachment 907701
View attachment 907702
View attachment 907703
WOW!! It looks amazing. I see that the footlights are almost a blue color. Are they all synced or can you change them individually?

View attachment 907701
View attachment 907702
View attachment 907703
Do you have a link to the kit you installed? I definitely prefer the location of the dash strip being lower like you have it. Also any pics of it during the day with lights off?

I bought this kit from Amazon.

I don’t have a picture of it during the day but I’ll try to take one tomorrow. It blends in very well during the day.

Your install looks extremely professional. How long did it take you to do this and do you have prior experience?

Do you have any plans to do the back seats or other parts of the car?

Finally, is that one kit or multiple kits working together in your photos?

thanks and good job!

Your install looks extremely professional. How long did it take you to do this and do you have prior experience?

Do you have any plans to do the back seats or other parts of the car?

Finally, is that one kit or multiple kits working together in your photos?

thanks and good job!
Thanks! The install took me about 1~1.5 hours. I have previously opened up the panels in both footwell areas to install purple colored footwell lights, so that helped. I tried to make the install as clean as possible, but there is an issue with the driver side footwell light wiring being a bit too short, so I had to just have it go across the air vent down there in order to reach the light module. I don't think it'll be an issue and you can't see it unless your head is in the footwell area. I didn't really try that hard to see if the wiring could be routed some other way to get hidden.

I actually wasn't really planning on installing the dash light strip, as the one I got is supposed to be wedged in the seam on the dash and I was concerned that it could be problematic. But I decided to give it a try and it went in fairly easily yet seemed really secure, so I went ahead and installed them. I'm very pleased with how they look.

As for the back seat, I had previously installed purple light strips under the seats and I just left them. From some of the reviews on Amazon it seems that you can hook up part of another kit to do lights in the back, but I'm good with leaving what I had there previously.

I just got one kit. It has a sub-controller running off the 12V socket and a main controller running off the passenger footwell light power connector. I don't think it interacts with the car in any way other than the power source for ambient lights, so I have no concerns about it affecting anything in the car.

If you're interested in the kit, I recommend reading the reviews on Amazon and find the installation video on Youtube to see if it's something you would like to have. I love it so far, but there are a couple of compromises that I decided was worth it before I bought it. One was the potentially short driver side footwell light wiring, the other is that the under armrest storage bin will have a decent amount of wires and a control box in there.

I got it from Amazon. There's a link in the two posts immediately before yours. I installed it myself as it's not too difficult and it comes with all the tools needed.
I got the same kit but the center console cover is really pinching the cords and the fiber optics. Did you run it through any special channel to get the cover to close more easily without causing damages?

I got the same kit but the center console cover is really pinching the cords and the fiber optics. Did you run it through any special channel to get the cover to close more easily without causing damages?
I think it does pinch slightly, but after closing the lid a couple of times the lid now closes pretty normally. I did try to pull the wiring as close to the corners as I can, but I didn’t run it through any hidden channels. As it sits now I don't have any concerns about damaging anything.

Here’s a picture of what my armrest storage looks like with the lighting kit installed:
9D4C0F0D-FBBB-47B3-B7E5-A52DB8A5500F.jpeg