Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Myp pcp vs lease UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering the 2 options

Since ordering the myp it's gone up 3k in price

So if I pcpd and sold 1 or 2 years down the line I've already gained some equity?

I don't plan on doing more than 10k annual miles so it will have less miles on it in the end

Would you guys recommend pcp route or lease?

I like the idea of being able to sell / get rid of the car should my circumstances change and don't think you get that flexibility with lease

Interested in views on this

I had the same questions when I ordered in July.

Depends if you're buying personally or through business?

My view was that the EV world is changing and adapting so quickly, it's almost like an iPhone, you can't keep up with the new models. Meaning values might not stay high.

A M3 LR is £57k new at the moment. You can pick up a 2019 model for £45k. £12k depreciation over 3 years is really good going but the Pandemic is the main reason values have stayed high in the second hand market...

Leases to me seem too expensive. Might make sense for a business but not individually. Even factoring in higher depreciation than we have seen in the past few years I think you are almost always better off with a PCP and to me the flexibility of being able to sell the car and settle the finance at any point is a huge plus.