Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Price Increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the MYP just increase from $59,990 to $60,990?

Attachments

• D491E2C1-0721-490B-B7A2-D214F5B4AFEE.jpeg
    D491E2C1-0721-490B-B7A2-D214F5B4AFEE.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 116
I ordered the MYP last month and I am in NY. NY's EV incentive is $2000 under $60k. Which the MYP qualify at $59990. Now the price went up $1000 and the $2000 incentive is gone. Do you guys think they will honor that $2000 incentive from my order? I am pretty sure they will honor the $59990 price. If they don't, I am seriously thinking going to change it to a LR...which i dont want. But thats $4000 difference between having a $2000 off and don't

I ordered the MYP last month and I am in NY. NY's EV incentive is $2000 under $60k. Which the MYP qualify at $59990. Now the price went up $1000 and the $2000 incentive is gone. Do you guys think they will honor that $2000 incentive from my order? I am pretty sure they will honor the $59990 price. If they don't, I am seriously thinking going to change it to a LR...which i dont want. But thats $4000 difference between having a $2000 off and don't

I'm in the same situation. I called two store locations and was told that I would still get the 2k.

anyone know how long the order last untill it's canceled? I put the 100$ in dec 2020.

I'm in the same situation. I called two store locations and was told that I would still get the 2k.

anyone know how long the order last untill it's canceled? I put the 100$ in dec 2020.
Thats good to know. As long as they keep the price breakdown as it is on our order page, i am fine with it. Otherwise its $15000 differences between a performance and a LR for us in NY, not even counting the extra $3k for winter tire if we go for performance

Time for Tesla to roll out a power bump or track mode to justify the premium.
Agreed. I am already on the fence between ordering the LR AWD with acceleration boost and the performance as I live in MN and definitely would need different tires/wheels for the snow as is. If they would differentiate the performance a bit more by making it faster and/or track mode (or something) then I could justify the cost increase. Right now it just makes me want to purchase a LR AWD and buy the boost...

[QUOTE="ocdbape, post: 5342831, member: 154695" I am seriously thinking going to change it to a LR...which I don't want. But thats $4000 difference between having a $2000 off and don't[/QUOTE]

I have a LR with Acceleration Boost. I drove my neighbor's MYP and have to tell you, it's a stiffer ride for sure (in a car that's already stiff with the standard suspension and 19" wheels). And my experience back-to-back jives with most comparisons on YouTube showing less than 0.5 sec 0-60 difference between the two. Question you have to ask is how much are you willing to pay for slightly better 0-60, stiffer lowered suspension, bigger brakes and wheels, aluminum pedals, and a spoiler. It's that simple. If that's worth $4000 to you, go for it!

[QUOTE="ocdbape, post: 5342831, member: 154695" I am seriously thinking going to change it to a LR...which I don't want. But thats $4000 difference between having a $2000 off and don't

I have a LR with Acceleration Boost. I drove my neighbor's MYP and have to tell you, it's a stiffer ride for sure (in a car that's already stiff with the standard suspension and 19" wheels). And my experience back-to-back jives with most comparisons on YouTube showing less than 0.5 sec 0-60 difference between the two. Question you have to ask is how much are you willing to pay for slightly better 0-60, stiffer lowered suspension, bigger brakes and wheels, aluminum pedals, and a spoiler. It's that simple. If that's worth $4000 to you, go for it![/QUOTE]
Its indeed a tough call. I ordered the MYP because i've never own a performance car. I want to own one and for that price, it was affordable for me and i think it's a bargain. Didn't consider the LR with acceleration boost because it was just $6k different to get the MYP. If i get the LR i will also get the $2k wheel ($10k - $2k wheel - $2k boost for $6k). I don't want to regret for not getting a MYP by saving only $6k. I do have a lexus rx 350 with luxury package if i want comfort. Plus I've been buying fully loaded cars for a while since i want to enjoy the full potential of a car.
Don't get me wrong, if i only have one car then the MYP will be out of the question, base on the fact that it has lower suspension and larger wheels.

Reactions: Tedkidd
Not entirely true. If you wait long enough, they will cancel it.
I ordered in May 2020 and my deadline for taking delivery is March-end this year or else the order will expire.

Where did you hear about this deadline? Mine was Feb 2020, and it's not expired. I still see it in my Tesla account in "Prepare for delivery" status. I got a call from a Tesla rep last month. Told them I can't afford to get the car right now as I am spending on solar + powerwalls. Told them, I will probably take delivery later in the year, and they were okay with that.

Is it the price without the add-on like white seats, hitch etc? I thought I had to add those on top which would eliminate me from the savings