Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP PUP uber turbines to 19” TSV with DWS06+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great post, thanks! I'm thinking of doing the same thing (replacing my Uber's with 19 inch TSportline TSV). I plan to keep the TSportline 19's on all year though with all season tires (I live in Chicago and the roads are terrible here). How do you find the look/quality of of the TSportline wheels? Do they look just as good as the Uber's on the car?
AECD79E3-8124-4B0A-AFBC-1966F97950FB.jpeg

I’m about to do same. Here’s a pic to get a sense. Note that these 19” TSVs are satin gray and are are very close if not identical in color to the ubers. The shadow in this pic makes the TSVs appear a bit darker than the ubers.

Hey guys, back in February 2020 I changed the Uber Turbines on my MYP out for TSportline 19x8.5 wheels with 255/45/19r Continental DWS06+ tires.

I put about 9000 miles on the new tires and did not see much of an increase in efficiency, but I wrote this off as new tires that needed to be broken in, and I had not yet started data logging with Teslafi until I had a few thousand miles on the new 19” setup. So I couldn’t really compare them to the Uber’s.

In April the weather warmed up enough to put the Uber’s back on, and I’ve put an additional 13k miles on them and they are ready for replacement. I’m holding out for Michelin Pilot Sport EV tires to be released so I the 19” combo back on.

Here is the comparison between the two sets.

View attachment 702682

View attachment 702679

The majority of these miles are in the same environments, and road conditions. The only difference is the average temperature is a bit warmer, as you can see.

I feel these results are not typical when going from 21” wheels to 19” wheels. I have noticed an extreme increase in power consumption when accelerating and at low speeds with the 19” wheels.

View attachment 702687

Can anyone help me to make sense of this data, as to why am I seeing such an increase in consumption as apposed to better efficiency?

Thanks Everyone.
I certainly can’t explain it but thanks for the helpful post. I’m about to make the same switch (for the winter or for good - not yet sure) and will try to report back my impressions and any efficiency change.

I certainly can’t explain it but thanks for the helpful post. I’m about to make the same switch (for the winter or for good - not yet sure) and will try to report back my impressions and any efficiency change.

Thanks MYNeat. It will be nice to have your data to compare to mine. Are you logging data via teslafi? Also would you mind putting one of your TSV/dws wheels on a scale? I’m going to weigh mine next week to make sure they’re not made out of lead…

Current efficiency after more miles on the TSV/DWS.

CFD78039-14EF-4DF9-8799-44381B782675.jpeg

CFF1A8ED-279B-4288-9EBC-54178CE8DD03.jpeg

I admit that I had to Google teslafi. Lol. It’s much more scientific than I had planned. I have a general sense of my efficiency rating by watching my wh/mi during short and long trips. This said, my current driving habits are either a) very short trips around town or b) 70miles and relatively slow (60mph on one lane backroads to the shore).
I also hoped to report on comfort and noise level. I’ve learned a lot on this and other forums. Time to give back a little.
I’ll bring my scale down and weigh them soon and will post.

View attachment 710369
I’m about to do same. Here’s a pic to get a sense. Note that these 19” TSVs are satin gray and are are very close if not identical in color to the ubers. The shadow in this pic makes the TSVs appear a bit darker than the ubers.
Awesome!! They look great. Thanks for the post. I was a little worried I should have gone with the 20 inch TSV's but after seeing this, I think I made the right choice. I ordered the Satin Black though - might have a made a mistake there but I'm a white car so I think the black will look solid.

Reactions: MYNeat
Awesome!! They look great. Thanks for the post. I was a little worried I should have gone with the 20 inch TSV's but after seeing this, I think I made the right choice. I ordered the Satin Black though - might have a made a mistake there but I'm a white car so I think the black will look solid.
FWIW, I would have gone satin black if I had a white Y — no doubt. Great choice, IMHO.
Can’t wait to put these on and then provide feedback on efficiency, noise and comfort/handling. Good luck!

Reactions: Crypto2k3
I admit that I had to Google teslafi. Lol. It’s much more scientific than I had planned. I have a general sense of my efficiency rating by watching my wh/mi during short and long trips. This said, my current driving habits are either a) very short trips around town or b) 70miles and relatively slow (60mph on one lane backroads to the shore).
I also hoped to report on comfort and noise level. I’ve learned a lot on this and other forums. Time to give back a little.
I’ll bring my scale down and weigh them soon and will post.
So I weighed one: 62lb. Seems heavier than expected when adding the claimed wheel weight and tire weight (as provided on tirerack.com).

The 21 inch überturbine with tire is 68.6 I think, right?

66 lbs each for the front, and 70 lbs each for the rear, both with brand new Pirelli P-Zero tires. I weighed my wheels when I took them off the car 10 min after getting it delivered to my house.

For reference, my T Sportline TS5 21x9.5 wheels with Toyo Proxes Sport A/S 265/35-21 tires weigh 57 lbs each.

66 lbs each for the front, and 70 lbs each for the rear, both with brand new Pirelli P-Zero tires. I weighed my wheels when I took them off the car 10 min after getting it delivered to my house.

For reference, my T Sportline TS5 21x9.5 wheels with Toyo Proxes Sport A/S 265/35-21 tires weigh 57 lbs each.
Why did you go with the 19’s? Just running them over the winter?

Curious, Why did you decide to go 19’s vs 20’s? Planning on running them all year or just over winter?
I will decide after winter whether these are permanent or winter only.

I struggled w the 19 v 20 decision. But ultimately went w the 19s for best chances for less jarring ride, reduced pothole risk and lower tire cost and more tire options. It was close. 20s probably look at least marginally better. And to be fair to the ubers, it’s a good highway ride. It’s at lower speeds over slightly imperfect roads where the suspension seems to fall down IMHO. And this is even compared to a 2005 987 Boxster S w larger than standard wheels (and very short sidewalls).

31576C05-E9B8-4063-9EDB-6367ED8817AA.jpeg

Installed 19” TSV satin gray, conti extreme contact DWS06+ today.
Initial impressions:
1. I highly doubt the uber lug nuts were torqued properly. Was way too easy to loosen.
2. Appearance: While clearly not as aggressive as the ubers, the looks of which I really like, these are pretty nice too. The 19” TSVs do not appear swallowed up by the wheel well or too small for the MY, as I had feared. I believe most would not even notice if I didn’t mention it.
3. The aftermarket Tesla logo center caps (mentioned above) match and fit well. Although, right out of the box, they needed some touch up paint along outer edges. Tsportline TSV touchup paint matched perfectly.
4. Comfort: On a relatively short test run (which I ran yesterday on ubers) of a mix of local roads and highway, my initial impressions are these are at least marginally more comfortable, especially over potholes or similar sized road imperfections, including entering a slightly raised driveway apron from road. Highway comfort felt similar; possibly a bit more rebound over uneven surfaces and marginally softer. Could easily just be in my head. My guess is that a more-spirited drive may reveal some degradation in handling/steering capabilities.
5. Noise: Hard to tell if there was any change here. On an iPhone app I downloaded, the 2 runs matched an average sound level of 66dB. These aren’t T0 tires so I was concerned these would be louder. Any increase in tire noise if any isn’t obvious — at least not on the first run. This said, tire noise dampening technology is likely not a matter of reducing maximum or avg sound levels in the car as it is improving the quality of sound. Nothing obvious yet to note here. Although I may have heard a little more thumping /drone on the highway stretch. Again, could be in my head.
6. Efficiency. This was not a controlled study and the drive was only 23 miles. But I did register a 10% loss in efficiency: 252 vs 272 Wh/mi. I intend to keep an eye on this. I would have been surprised by this result but for what I have read from others on this forum.

Reactions: Crypto2k3
View attachment 711521
Installed 19” TSV satin gray, conti extreme contact DWS06+ today.
Initial impressions:
1. I highly doubt the uber lug nuts were torqued properly. Was way too easy to loosen.
2. Appearance: While clearly not as aggressive as the ubers, the looks of which I really like, these are pretty nice too. The 19” TSVs do not appear swallowed up by the wheel well or too small for the MY, as I had feared. I believe most would not even notice if I didn’t mention it.
3. The aftermarket Tesla logo center caps (mentioned above) match and fit well. Although, right out of the box, they needed some touch up paint along outer edges. Tsportline TSV touchup paint matched perfectly.
4. Comfort: On a relatively short test run (which I ran yesterday on ubers) of a mix of local roads and highway, my initial impressions are these are at least marginally more comfortable, especially over potholes or similar sized road imperfections, including entering a slightly raised driveway apron from road. Highway comfort felt similar; possibly a bit more rebound over uneven surfaces and marginally softer. Could easily just be in my head. My guess is that a more-spirited drive may reveal some degradation in handling/steering capabilities.
5. Noise: Hard to tell if there was any change here. On an iPhone app I downloaded, the 2 runs matched an average sound level of 66dB. These aren’t T0 tires so I was concerned these would be louder. Any increase in tire noise if any isn’t obvious — at least not on the first run. This said, tire noise dampening technology is likely not a matter of reducing maximum or avg sound levels in the car as it is improving the quality of sound. Nothing obvious yet to note here. Although I may have heard a little more thumping /drone on the highway stretch. Again, could be in my head.
6. Efficiency. This was not a controlled study and the drive was only 23 miles. But I did register a 10% loss in efficiency: 252 vs 272 Wh/mi. I intend to keep an eye on this. I would have been surprised by this result but for what I have read from others on this forum.
Looks pretty good! Thanks for the photo & review. I get mine on Tuesday so
will post my progress sometime after that. I don't like the white center cap so I’m going to replace with some all black ones. The efficiency loss is annoying. I would have expected the opposite actually. Keep us posted on what you’re seeing?

Last edited:
Reactions: MYNeat