Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP pushed in Feb is in and they want me to pick up - but can't get trade in offer on SRY..

Tedkidd

Anybody getting reasonable trade in offers from Tesla on Model Y's?

When the MYP I ordered for March-April arrived in February during an arctic blast, i pushed.

Apparently the car got built and arrived at the delivery center a week or so ago.
I never even got notification it was getting built.
First text was to schedule pickup last Saturday, second was Sunday, Monday they threatened to decouple me from the order.

I now have a trade (SRY), and can't get a value from Tesla.
This clearly holds up my ability to pick up the car..
The delivery center is 350+ miles from me.
So I'd much rather trade, as it provides transportation TO the dealer for me, and keeps the deal clean from a financing cluster perspective.

These cars are bringing up to $57k.
Carmax offered me $49k.
Again, the delivery center is 350+ miles from me so I'd much rather trade.

Tedkidd

Whelp, that'll be a no...
Screenshot 2021-08-03 1.41.25 PM.png
PXL_20210731_191431106_2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: El joe

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
SF Bay Area, CA
Wow, that’s the worst offer I’ve seen from Tesla. They offered me more for my 2019 LR AWD Model 3 with 40k miles on it. And I’ve seen used SR Model Ys for sale for $55k near me.

Reactions: Tedkidd

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
You would have to be nuts to trade in a car anywhere these days. There are cash buyers lining up to pay over retail.

Reactions: Tedkidd

Tedkidd

Picked up Performance Thursday.
Sold SRY to dealer for 49,500 Friday.
Recommend contacting Ivan at the Toyota dealer in Kisco. 2 blocks away.

If I'd contacted him sooner I wouldn't have had to drive a horrible rental car 350 miles.
Did like having both cars for a day. That SRY is really a fantastic, fun car.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC