Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Red Calipers No Longer Available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if I missed something… on Tesla’s MY build page, the MYP no longer displays red calipers. I know they used to be on there… are they no longer on the car?

DF1AD247-215D-4CBE-A20C-6766BD970FF2.jpeg

Whoa! They put all-seasons on a Performance?!

I mean, that's what I'd prefer this time of year; it's just that they seemed so steadfastly opposed to even offering that as an option in the past. They have always put summer tires on their performance cars, even when they deliver them to me in the snow.

Maybe they ran out of summer tires.

Reactions: CaliX
Whoa! They put all-seasons on a Performance?!

I mean, that's what I'd prefer this time of year; it's just that they seemed so steadfastly opposed to even offering that as an option in the past. They have always put summer tires on their performance cars, even when they deliver them to me in the snow.

Maybe they ran out of summer tires.
Yeah picked up my MYP a couple weeks ago in Denver. Came with Pilot Sport all seasons.

Reactions: CaliX
I took delivery today of a 1/22 build and they are still red and I like the new tires better.

My friend also took delivery of his MYP this weekend in LA, and also got the Michelin all-season tires, and his also came with red calipers. He was pleasantly surprised with the Michelin's, but was actually hoping for summer tires (the Pirelli's).

AFAIK, nothing has changed with Model 3/Y Performance model caliper colors, as they still come red. Besides the standard gray (unfinished/raw look) color calipers, the only other factory painted ones I've seen are the gloss black calipers on the Plaid Model S (and most likely will also be on the Model X Plaid).

My friend also took delivery of his MYP this weekend in LA, and also got the Michelin all-season tires, and his also came with red calipers. He was pleasantly surprised with the Michelin's, but was actually hoping for summer tires (the Pirelli's).

AFAIK, nothing has changed with Model 3/Y Performance model caliper colors, as they still come red. Besides the standard gray (unfinished/raw look) color calipers, the only other factory painted ones I've seen are the gloss black calipers on the Plaid Model S (and most likely will also be on the Model X Plaid).
Did he get the spoiler or was his missing? Most of the MYP I saw at pickup were missing. They said there is a shortage.

Since we are in Michigan I was extremely pleased to see Pilot 4 All Season tires on my brand new MYP and it did come with Red Calipers. This saved me a few thousand dollars as we would have had to buy wheels and tires for winter. I would say it would be nice if Tesla gave people an option to chose Summer or All Season tires because those in the warmer states really have no need for All Season as we do in the Northern States.

hi! Did you get the red coat? So I went to pick up my MYP today and I noticed the red calipers didn’t real match the red coat on the car like I expected. Especially in the sun. It was a drastic difference - the calipers looked almost orange. Even the delivery manager mentioned it. Let me know - thanks!