Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Red White/black waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I"m beginning to think they are not making many of the red/white configs. Today is the start of my 3rd 2-week window, since they "re-routed" my original car. I'm expecting another push back any moment now.
Yeah, It's hard to say, keep us posted. Two days ago they bumped me 3 more days, to Aug 19 - Sep 1. But they do keep the starting date just couple days in the future... it's like 'your car is almost there, but not quite yet' xD
There were a lot of people who got a 3 day bump on the 16th though, so maybe something happened that they pushed everyone out.
I keep thinking that it is the availability of trucks that is holding the deliveries from being 'in order' and they send the cars to wherever they can physically ship them.

Well, I picked the car (MYP Red) in Vancouver last Friday and met a friend who was picking his Model S at the same time. I suppose the date was meant to be ;)

The car came in very good shape. Got a small scratch on the lower plastic trim (service "bribed" me with $200) so they don't have to replace it... Also there was some white residue over paint edges, apparently from polishing compound. It all came out easily with cloth. Otherwise, the car was in perfect condition.

Unfortunately it didn't come with mobile charger (I ordered it separately, should be arriving tomorrow). It also doesn't have the parcel shelf.

Got new door panels which I'm very happy with. Alcantara is very nice near the armerst area. It has all the other things Ryzen computer, matrix headlights etc. It also came with Michelin all seasons.

Speaking of tires, I spoke stopped at the service center to ask about proper winter tires. The advise I got is that 21" and 20" rims fit on the performance model Y and 19" are too close to brake calipers. Tech also told me that if I can't buy them in store, I should make service appointment

The red is stunning! It gets more serious on cloudy day and nice, cheerful bright red in sun. Looks awesome in the rain as well.

We took our time checking it over and after paperwork and insurance it was time to go home. Even though I have test driven it before, having extra time to really enjoy the ride was amazing. The car is out of this world! I can see why some people think that interior is 'cheap'. It certainly does not have the luxury feel to it, but I don't mind it at all. To me the tech is the biggest selling point and it does not disappoint!

I've driven about 500km over the last couple of days, some on the city streets, some on highways and the autopilot is awesome. Still trying to figure out what it can actually do. I'm also waiting for the newest software version that is not available to download yet.

After the first day there was some rain and the next morning I got some phantom braking couple times. Once the roads were dry I have wiped all the camera lenses on the outside of the car to make sure there are no spots on them. No phantom braking since then... Am I onto something?? :D Now waiting for the next rain ;)

Supercharging is a breeze, car arrives with pre-conditioned battery and got very good speed form the get go.

Overall, I am extremely happy with it, I echo other voices that it was really worth the wait!

Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I picked the car (MYP Red) in Vancouver last Friday and met a friend who was picking his Model S at the same time. I suppose the date was meant to be ;)

The car came in very good shape. Got a small scratch on the lower plastic trim (service "bribed" me with $200) so they don't have to replace it... Also there was some white residue over paint edges, apparently from polishing compound. It all came out easily with cloth. Otherwise, the car was in perfect condition.

Unfortunately it didn't come with mobile charger (I ordered it separately, should be arriving tomorrow). It also doesn't have the parcel shelf.

Got new door panels which I'm very happy with. Alcantara is very nice near the armerst area. It has all the other things Ryzen computer, matrix headlights etc. It also came with Michelin all seasons.

Speaking of tires, I spoke stopped at the service center to ask about proper winter tires. The advise I got is that 21" and 20" rims fit on the performance model Y and 19" are too close to brake calipers. Tech also told me that if I can't buy them in store, I should make service appointment

The red is stunning! It gets more serious on cloudy day and nice, cheerful bright red in sun. Looks awesome in the rain as well.

We took our time checking it over and after paperwork and insurance it was time to go home. Even though I have test driven it before, having extra time to really enjoy the ride was amazing. The car is out of this world! I can see why some people think that interior is 'cheap'. It certainly does not have the luxury feel to it, but I don't mind it at all. To me the tech is the biggest selling point and it does not disappoint!

I've driven about 500km over the last couple of days, some on the city streets, some on highways and the autopilot is awesome. Still trying to figure out what it can actually do. I'm also waiting for the newest software version that is not available to download yet.

After the first day there was some rain and the next morning I got some phantom braking couple times. Once the roads were dry I have wiped all the camera lenses on the outside of the car to make sure there are no spots on them. No phantom braking since then... Am I onto something?? :D Now waiting for the next rain ;)

Supercharging is a breeze, car arrives with pre-conditioned battery and got very good speed form the get go.

Overall, I am extremely happy with it, I echo other voices that it was really worth the wait!

View attachment 846902
congrats! looks great.

Reactions: Individoo
I"m two days into my Current 2 week window. Still no VIN. Per history, today is the day it typically bumps out. I talked with Tesla yesterday, and they claim there is nothing wrong with my order. I beg to differ, as I had a VIN and delivery date of 6/23, I would think after they re-routed me then, I would get the next available VIN for my geo, config, etc. Over 2-months later, no VIN :(. Hopefully today is the day I get a VIN. Here's to hoping!

I no longer have a VIN and moved to a 13 day window of 9/13-9/26. I don't even know what to think at this point. I guess it was because I swapped FSD back to EAP? $6k was enough to give the VIN to someone else and my 157 days at this point doesn't matter as much.
There is clearly something going on here - possibly with this config and geo? This morning I have a new EDD of 10/11-11/15. WTH. We have similar OD's and both have had VIN's re-assigned. I've called Tesla a number of times on this and continue to get the stock answer. I've asked to speak to the Charlotte Operations Manager who assured me a car "in a few days" after my pickup of 6/23 fell through due to no car being there. But have not heard back after many messages.

Tesla responded this morning that the VIN was mismatched after the FSD to EAP change, and that it should not have mismatched:

The unmatch should not have happened. All vehicles are capable of changing the Fsd configuration.

I have already been approved for financing with a 3rd party, so they are trying to get me a new VIN "ASAP", which I have no faith in that happening. I will not re-apply for financing either. If they deliver the car, I'll look it over and decide to keep it or not. I'm a little afraid of purchasing it and having to deal with Tesla for any problems that I might have with the vehicle. If they can't deliver it before my financing expires, I'm done with this company as a whole.

Reactions: NeueBesser
I had a 9-day EDD window of 9/2 - 9/11 (for a red/white LR, with FSD) and last night I got bumped to a six-week window from 11/10-12/22. I've got to admit I'm pretty disappointed, when my EDD window narrowed to two weeks, and then nine days, I thought it was actually going to happen, but now it's an indeterminate wait once again.
I talked to my local dealer and they asked if I was interested in a different color or option. I think they ran out of red paint

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88