Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP SOC% vs performance with Dragy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran 11.79 in the quarter with a MYP on 19" Geminis last weekend:

AM-JKLWugU1pRZR4Yvr5Ju1heJhd2vam31_jYP5GVSXkUhnoRYohQ426J4_vWrGIqcSMNnQacq4dciuvnl89JS-7V2JGHG7hNsRsWyFx0o_tlSyiGx9PvRo78S9ZfEfAcQh2zzR8yWq-l4snZE1iEr_x55YcBQ=w433-h937-no
I have the same set up. What is your 0 to 60 time? What is your speed in the quarter mile?

I have the same set up. What is your 0 to 60 time? What is your speed in the quarter mile?

The speed is actually there in the dragy slip - 116.54 mph. 0-60 is 3.41 with 1' rollout and 3.66 without. I raced at an NHRA drag strip in Denver called Bandimere, and as soon as I can edit the video I'm going to post the full details of the runs I did in this thread. Spoiler alert - they lined me up against a rail dragster running 7s, but somehow I won ;) Model Y Performance on drag strip + 0-60 + Model 3 comparison

AM-JKLWp-Uur_r6v55d7uSiDIaX2Y1iw1cDz2fIyhiTJqCHW8OG7eYR-_rwQW2iVkSYccGKWQtnPyjLUY5zAzHg-G1NjVHqDz12XBphpXlZgfpO_MQU6-7qOsPACsk7s_Gm0q1gxrINg9ts8EqjIPa-qVHJXFw=w433-h937-no

The speed is actually there in the dragy slip - 116.54 mph. 0-60 is 3.41 with 1' rollout and 3.66 without. I raced at an NHRA drag strip in Denver called Bandimere, and as soon as I can edit the video I'm going to post the full details of the runs I did in this thread. Spoiler alert - they lined me up against a rail dragster running 7s, but somehow I won ;) Model Y Performance on drag strip + 0-60 + Model 3 comparison

AM-JKLWp-Uur_r6v55d7uSiDIaX2Y1iw1cDz2fIyhiTJqCHW8OG7eYR-_rwQW2iVkSYccGKWQtnPyjLUY5zAzHg-G1NjVHqDz12XBphpXlZgfpO_MQU6-7qOsPACsk7s_Gm0q1gxrINg9ts8EqjIPa-qVHJXFw=w433-h937-no
Just to double check. These are the times on Geminis? (@ 6000 ft)

Yep 19" Geminis with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires. They shaved a little more than a tenth off 0-60 and quarter mile times from the stock 21" setup.
Awesome info here.
Not to hijack but, do you find those 19" tires are adequate in the snow? I was thinking of getting a set of those MPSAS4's at Costco. I don't want to put true snow tires on the 19 wheels I bought for our MYP since we don't usually get that much (knock on wood) plus we have another vehicle for snow anyway.

Awesome info here.
Not to hijack but, do you find those 19" tires are adequate in the snow? I was thinking of getting a set of those MPSAS4's at Costco. I don't want to put true snow tires on the 19 wheels I bought for our MYP since we don't usually get that much (knock on wood) plus we have another vehicle for snow anyway.

No idea yet - we just put them on and it hasn’t snowed yet this season. We live in Denver and go skiing several times a year, so I’m looking forward to seeing how they do. I’ve had dedicated snows in the past, but it’s annoying to swap over and in Denver true snows are rarely needed with how fast the sun comes out. We have a Toyota Land Cruiser setup for winter duty for the rare big storm, but the Model Y will be my wife’s daily year round with these Michelins including ski trips when the weather isn’t too crazy.

No idea yet - we just put them on and it hasn’t snowed yet this season. We live in Denver and go skiing several times a year, so I’m looking forward to seeing how they do. I’ve had dedicated snows in the past, but it’s annoying to swap over and in Denver true snows are rarely needed with how fast the sun comes out. We have a Toyota Land Cruiser setup for winter duty for the rare big storm, but the Model Y will be my wife’s daily year round with these Michelins including ski trips when the weather isn’t too crazy.
Cool, sounds like the same drill here. We have an LR4 if it's real bad. Yeah, spent some time in Denver. It's kind of weird how fast the altitude and dryness makes snow disappear, where here on the east coast it will sit in piles till spring.

I would like to see your results with a warm battery and close to 100% charge. Those are good numbers already. Maybe some 7.90's eighth mile!

I did a 7.75 second 1/8th mile at almost 100% and the battery was freshly charged so it should have been fairly warm.

I have another thread out there with draggy results after swapping to the 19" Gemini wheels and tires.

Keith

I now have a PMY on order and some 18" tires/wheels from TSportLine with Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires waiting on delivery. I'll conduct some BEFORE and AFTER tests. I keep seeing I should see "some" improvements in efficiency and performance times with the 18s that weight about 14 pounds less than the 21s.

My EDD is 7 Aug - 11 Sept.