Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP square setup w/ 21s

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
I'm interested in a square setup with 21s on the MYP. Several have posted about doing it.

Anyone have pictures of theirs they'd share?

For those interested in doing the same... This could be a matchmaker thread as some may want to use the 21x10.5" all around and others might want to 21x9.5".

I'd want the fronts if anyone looking for the rears.

SDM44

Aug 9, 2019
Los Angeles
21x9.5 square setup with 265 tires on a MYP.

Rear.jpg

Offset1.jpg

Offset2.jpg

jpy1980

Jul 17, 2021
Los Angeles
I'm interested in a square setup with 21s on the MYP. Several have posted about doing it.

For those interested in doing the same... This could be a matchmaker thread as some may want to use the 21x10.5" all around and others might want to 21x9.5".

Id like the rears. I can trade. How many miles do you have on the fronts? I have about 800 miles on my MYP.

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
Id like the rears. I can trade. How many miles do you have on the fronts? I have about 800 miles on my MYP.
Mine have around 2500 miles. Still essentially new as well. No scratches... but I'm in northern california so the swap might be a little more difficult if you're in Los Angeles. hmmmm

SDM44

Aug 9, 2019
Los Angeles
@SDM44 looks good. How are you liking those wheels? I was gonna stick with uberturbines but those are tempting too. Did T sportline have issues selling as square?

I really like my TS5 wheels because

A) They're 10 & 13 lbs lighter than the factory Uberturbines
B) The offset really makes the Model Y look good rolling down the road
C) The thin TS5 spokes really show off the brake calipers a lot more than the Uberturbines

T Sportline doesn't sell a 21" square package, nor will they sell me any type of complete 21" square package. I had to buy each 21x9.5 wheel individually as that's the only way they would sell them to me.

SurRast

Sep 26, 2021
Federal Way WA
I’d be intersted in squaring - I’d like to have the Fronts if anyone is interested in rears … I’m in Seattle WA … wiling to meet as far south as Eugene Oregon .

Reactions: WG21

Pandon

Oct 16, 2021
Burlingame

I’m taking delivery of my MYP in a couple of weeks. I’m interested in taking your 21x9.5” fronts for my rears. We can also then rotate tires and save. Win win. Let me knowc call or text 41.52.1588.26. I’m in the Bay Area.

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
I’m taking delivery of my MYP in a couple of weeks. I’m interested in taking your 21x9.5” fronts for my rears. We can also then rotate tires and save. Win win. Let me knowc call or text 41.52.1588.26. I’m in the Bay Area.
I'm after the fronts too.... otherwise... sure. :)

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
Throwing this back out there... anyone want to trade wheels to make a square set up? I'm looking to trade my rear/wider wheels and tires for someone's fronts. Although I'd consider the rears.

Can rotate tires this way and get a lot more miles out of them! Fronts do better in the rain and snow, the wider rears would be a more aggressive look/stance and more grippy on the dry.

I'm in Sacramento area - not far from Bay Area. Offers I've had so far are too distant without shipping. I need to decide soon because I'm buying snow friendlier tires. Thanks.

MikeR99

Oct 4, 2021

Just got my MYP a few weeks ago and looking at squaring up as well. Wondering what the limitations are? Will the rears work on the front? How about if you run a wider tire, like a 295, will it rub anywhere? I know there will be range loss to some degree, but is it negligible or dramatic? Thinking there must be some reason they put the 275's on 10" wheels and 255's on 9.5" wheels, both of which look too small for the rim.

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
Just got my MYP a few weeks ago and looking at squaring up as well. Wondering what the limitations are? Will the rears work on the front? How about if you run a wider tire, like a 295, will it rub anywhere? I know there will be range loss to some degree, but is it negligible or dramatic? Thinking there must be some reason they put the 275's on 10" wheels and 255's on 9.5" wheels, both of which look too small for the rim.

Yeah plenty have put 265s on the 9.5s, and 285s or 295s on the 10.5s

Reactions: MikeR99

Carcrazy

Sep 10, 2021
Rocklin
Throwing this back out there... anyone want to trade wheels to make a square set up? I'm looking to trade my rear/wider wheels and tires for someone's fronts. Although I'd consider the rears.

Can rotate tires this way and get a lot more miles out of them! Fronts do better in the rain and snow, the wider rears would be a more aggressive look/stance and more grippy on the dry.

I'm in Sacramento area - not far from Bay Area. Offers I've had so far are too distant without shipping. I need to decide soon because I'm buying snow friendlier tires. Thanks.
I’m in Rocklin and interested in a swap but I’d also like to have the fronts all the way around

derichio02

Apr 6, 2019
California
I have a set for sale in Palmdale Ca and willing to meet if interested.

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
Rainy and windy day here... so had some time.

Here's what 21 x 10.5 Uberturbines look like on the front. These are the stock 275/35/21 tires.

I could not make them rub at all. Took some quick turns and and made tight circles in both directions.

IMG_4091.jpg
IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC