Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP square setup w/ 21s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turning right no problem. At least 2" clearance in front.

Turning left, the back of tire is close... probably 9/16" or so, maybe 3/4" of open air, hard to measure, with 275/35/21 using the 21x10.5 +48.

But never rubbed.

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
I'll let you know, but I think I prefer the fronts too - even though only one inch narrower. I'd prefer narrower for snow vs wider for performance or more aggressive stance. I'd run 265s on the square fronts. If I had the square rear I'd run 275s or 285s.

Turning left, the back of tire is close... probably 9/16" or so, maybe 3/4" of open air, hard to measure, with 275/35/21 using the 21x10.5 +48.

But never rubbed.

View attachment 725151

View attachment 725152

View attachment 725156
Have you taken any big bumps or driveways, etc? I can imagine rubbing making a left into a driveway. Glad to know it doesn't rub generally though. I think the 275's on the 10" rim look "ill fit". 295's would look better I think.

Have you taken any big bumps or driveways, etc? I can imagine rubbing making a left into a driveway. Glad to know it doesn't rub generally though. I think the 275's on the 10" rim look "ill fit". 295's would look better I think.

I drove it like I stole it. It doesn’t rub. I’ll bet 295s would not rub either. Now if you start going taller, then maybe? I think it’s got more room than that thread with the 265/40s up front

Reactions: MikeR99
I drove it like I stole it. It doesn’t rub. I’ll bet 295s would not rub either. Now if you start going taller, then maybe? I think it’s got more room than that thread with the 265/40s up front
Thanks for testing, WG21! Sorry for the multiple posts. I am new to the forum and I haven't figured out how to use the thumbs up feature yet.

I really like my TS5 wheels because

A) They're 10 & 13 lbs lighter than the factory Uberturbines
B) The offset really makes the Model Y look good rolling down the road
C) The thin TS5 spokes really show off the brake calipers a lot more than the Uberturbines

T Sportline doesn't sell a 21" square package, nor will they sell me any type of complete 21" square package. I had to buy each 21x9.5 wheel individually as that's the only way they would sell them to me.
They now sell these as a square or staggered setup :)

T-Sportline TS5

But never rubbed.

View attachment 725151

View attachment 725152

View attachment 725156
I was curious if running 4 of the rears are the rear wheels more tucked than the fronts? Meaning are the rears less flush than the fronts? Thanks.