Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Tesla Replaced my CF spoiler 3 times already!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVO X

Feb 28, 2021
NJ
Today was the 3rd time Tesla replaced my carbon fiber spoiler.
two times at the shop, today at my house.
it keeps on lifting either on the left or right sides, also this is costing me time too!
I love the car, but i hate this!
I picked her up March 13, 2021 a month and a half it happened 3 times.
one good thing the tech gave me the old spoiler to keep.

Seriously now if this keeps on happening, what should i do or what are my options?

Yep, mine was replaced a week after delivery. This has been a problem since day one with the M3P (at least once they started delivering the spoilers), you’d think they would’ve redesigned this by now.

it keeps on lifting either on the left or right sides, also this is costing me time too!

Seriously now if this keeps on happening, what should i do or what are my options?
That does sound annoying. I heard they use Primer 94 before taping to help with the adhesion, and that is pretty strong stuff. Maybe check if they're using that? Also, could your trunk be misaligned and that's why it's lifting on the sides? I believe the tape is pressure adhesive and needs like 24 hours to be 90% cured. Maybe put some gorilla tape over the spoiler for a day or two before driving and see if it helps.

On the bright side, you got a spare spoiler! And if you don't want it, I'd gladly take it off your hands haha.

Same here, my MY was delivered 1 year ago (17Mar2020) - meaning they have not fix the problem.

Twice replaced by Mobile tech, and just last week by SC...it's sticking BUT they left some adhesive residue, FML.:confused:😩
20210418_200517.jpg
20210418_200330.jpg