Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - Time for new tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at 14K miles on my PZeros and I'm about down to the wear bars on the rears (fronts have plenty left). I live in Atlanta, and while we don't get a ton of snow it does get plenty cold here in the winter. I got through this last winter ok with the summer tires but I'm definitely thinking all seasons this next go round. My choices are to get the Michelins with 265s in the front which are available now, or spring for a 20in wheel and tire package from Tsportline and ditch the Ubers. More expensive to go that route but then I have a square setup and can rotate the tires potentially saving money down the road. Also better range and ride quality too right? Can I get some opinions?

I'm at 14K miles on my PZeros and I'm about down to the wear bars on the rears (fronts have plenty left). I live in Atlanta, and while we don't get a ton of snow it does get plenty cold here in the winter. I got through this last winter ok with the summer tires but I'm definitely thinking all seasons this next go round. My choices are to get the Michelins with 265s in the front which are available now, or spring for a 20in wheel and tire package from Tsportline and ditch the Ubers. More expensive to go that route but then I have a square setup and can rotate the tires potentially saving money down the road. Also better range and ride quality too right? Can I get some opinions?
I love the look at handling on Ubers. But have to admit the ride is much softer on 19s.
If you drive 15k a year you have to accept that it will cost you $1600 a year.
Going with TSportline you can stretch life of the rubber at least till 45k.
So initial investment of $4k with TSportline will be recovered in 3 years and you have potential to sell Ubers for about $1000 with TMPS.
Tough call. I guess just depends how much you like Ubers.

I swapped out my Uberturbines for a square setup of T-Sportline 20x10" TSS wheels with Michelin 255/40-20 Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires and am happy with the ride and noise. Had them for a year now with very little wear, although I only have 4,800 miles.
I think this is the direction I'm headed as well. I like the look of the Uber's, but really want an All-Season Tire that will last a while. Plus I'm tired of swapping wheels/Tires in the Spring and Fall like I was doing with my 2 previous cars.

I think this is the direction I'm headed as well. I like the look of the Uber's, but really want an All-Season Tire that will last a while. Plus I'm tired of swapping wheels/Tires in the Spring and Fall like I was doing with my 2 previous cars.
Do you like the feel of the Ubers? I am thinking about getting the MYP but the prospect of getting a whole ’nother set of wheels and tires at $3-4K is what bothers me. All seasons like Michelin’s at $1.5K I can deal with though.

Do you like the feel of the Ubers? I am thinking about getting the MYP but the prospect of getting a whole ’nother set of wheels and tires at $3-4K is what bothers me. All seasons like Michelin’s at $1.5K I can deal with though.
Yeah. My last 4 DD's were Cadillac V cars, so I am willing to sacrifice some ride comfort for performance.

Here you go:

Reactions: Hamrhead and zpaul
I think a lot of us are thinking about switching over.

I'm most likely going to get some lighter 20's or 19s and move away from the 21 inch Uberturbines.

The initially investment will be worth it especially if you have changing weather conditions.

I only have 2k miles on my car and have pretty much ONLY Summer/ Sprint weather. Im going to switch over once the PZeros that come with the car need replacement to go with a squared setup.

Does anyone has an estimate on how much longer A/S tires will last compared to the stock PZeros? Also, will the A/S tire feel less harsher? Thanks!
I don't think they will go longer than 20-25k. Would aim at 20k.
But it also depends on your driving.
I know people who were changing tires on AWD Sienna minivan every 15k, I was able to squeeze 35k. 25-30k was considered awesome by dealer.

Looks like Michelin is guaranteeing it for 30k.
BUT it looks like with their disclaimer the warranty will be only 15k since front and rear are different and you can't rotate them.
Someone on forum is trying to get 2 rear 21inch tires to make it a square set up so they can rotate the tries.
Otherwise best case is 20k.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 9.50.50 AM.png

Last edited:
I don't think they will go longer than 20-25k. Would aim at 20k.
But it also depends on your driving.
I know people who were changing tires on AWD Sienna minivan every 15k, I was able to squeeze 35k. 25-30k was considered awesome by dealer.

Looks like Michelin is guaranteeing it for 30k.
BUT it looks like with their disclaimer the warranty will be only 15k since front and rear are different and you can't rotate them.
Someone on forum is trying to get 2 rear 21inch tires to make it a square set up so they can rotate the tries.
Otherwise best case is 20k.

View attachment 670521
Thanks for input!

Is there an option yet for all season tires or even a plus size for the 21” UberTurbines?

I can’t find the post about tire options and I would love to get all seasons if I could on these since I love them that much

Is there an option yet for all season tires or even a plus size for the 21” UberTurbines?

I can’t find the post about tire options and I would love to get all seasons if I could on these since I love them that much
Here you go:
There is a thread linked here. this is probably the route I will go if I decide to get the MYP.

Reactions: Iceman23
There is a thread linked here. this is probably the route I will go if I decide to get the MYP.
Thanks, that’s 5 pages of good info. Good to know if they air up to 45 psi they won’t run anymore.

Which way is the speedo off by 4.6%? Does it read lower or higher with these new tires?
I’m guessing it reads lower since they are taller which saves a tiny bit of mileage?

Thanks, that’s 5 pages of good info. Good to know if they air up to 45 psi they won’t run anymore.

Which way is the speedo off by 4.6%? Does it read lower or higher with these new tires?
I’m guessing it reads lower since they are taller which saves a tiny bit of mileage?
Maybe I am off here but I believe the 265/35 are only about 1% off from stock and of course 275/35 is stock. It’s when you go to 40 series rubber that you are looking at being off by 4%.