Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all šŸ‘‹

Itā€™s all in the title, this thread for us MYP reservation holders in the UK to chat all things Model Y Performance
(And also because Iā€™m gonna cry next week seeing all these MYLR pop up on the sister thread Model Y UK Deliveryā€¦and on the roads too!)

E.g. the latest trendy & contentious topics: coming from Berlin or China?, 4680 battery?, parcel shelf? šŸ˜, and the big questionā€¦ā€¦WHEN is it coming??

Actually, in light of Tesla changing the estimated delivery date to ā€œLate 2022ā€ yesterday, what are you folks thinking of doing?

Personally, Iā€™ve been waiting for my first Tesla for so long that Iā€™m leaning towards just pushing through.. although this might mean I will probably have read the owners guide 5 times by then šŸ˜‚

Any tips to keep us sane while waiting? šŸ˜

The recent MYP delay which matched the news of further Berlin delays certainly seems to confirm they still intend to supply it from Germany. The longer the delay the more likely it could come with 4680 battery day one?

Reactions: drumkills
The recent MYP delay which matched the news of further Berlin delays certainly seems to confirm they still intend to supply it from Germany. The longer the delay the more likely it could come with 4680 battery day one?
Yeah I agree with you in that this new delay confirms Germany over China
Now only time will tell if thatā€™s a good thing I guess šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Tesla have told a few people on the other thread that Y are coming from Berlin only. Makes sense given the delay to Berlin starting production. Iā€™ve had a YP on order since day 1, but presume the ā€˜late 22ā€™ is applicable to all orders, not just those from this week.

I had a feeling something might be up with the Pā€™s, so ordered a YLR on Wednesday. Had a decent part ex on my 3 so took it. Delivery March. Will take delivery of the YLR and see what itā€™s like. Keep the P reservation. Who knows, when the P does arrive, if the part ex on the YLR is lucrative I might switch! Maybe Ā£10k for a parcel shelf is worth it!

Many thanks for starting the thread Guys, I've a P on order, changed from LR as I didn't want it in February and secretly I'd always want the top spec. Depends on the ride quality on the test drive at the end of the day so we are checking out the LR on Thursday at Newcastle, and if this is ok on 20's im sure there's less to fuss about. I'm guessing there will be no Y Ps to test for a while? best regards

I've contrasting info on the P than above see email from service agent last week. Seems they're still coming from Shanghai - well inital batch anyway.

I'm really hoping for the new batteries but think that's a Texas thing only atm... šŸ¤”

I ordered B & W 27th Jan, hoping for a May/June delivery...

Nice to have a place for the UK P's too!

Screenshot_20220213-154545_Gmail.jpg

• Informative
If they come from China then the UK lag/delay makes no sense, as China are currently producing both. Iā€™m going to take delivery of the LR in March. See what happens re China/Berlin for UK P deliveries. I only want Berlin for the fancy new paint options

If they come from China then the UK lag/delay makes no sense, as China are currently producing both. Iā€™m going to take delivery of the LR in March. See what happens re China/Berlin for UK P deliveries. I only want Berlin for the fancy new paint options
I'm pretty confident the initial P's are coming from Shanghai at least. Could imagine the 2nd wave (with late 22 delivery dates) coming from Berlin though thought they were only producing LHD models.....

Hey folks, newbie to the forums here, so apologies if this isn't the right place to post!

I ordered a Model Y Performance on 15th October, at 11:38. I got the "Prepare for Your Model Y Delivery" email on 7th January, and started getting all excited. The My Account page in the Tesla website still says the "we'll reach out nearer the time" thing.

I know originally they said MYP would be "mid 2022". The email got my hopes up that maybe there was a batch coming sooner than expected.

I'd ideally like a Y before July, as we've got a UK-Norway road trip planned. We've got a Model X 90D, and the range on a LR or Performance Y should be longer, and being limited to Type 2 Mennekes Superchargers is a tad worrying. I'm trying to work out whether to order a LR, or hold out for the Performance. I figured if I was downgrading from an X, I should at least get something that goes faster :)

MYP deliveries in China only began recently, there is a long domestic backlog to fill first and then they'll start exporting them.

Yep Iā€™m thinking the same although Iā€™ve ordered the white interior on launch day so might find Iā€™m one of the last to get one going by what the website says for other European countries. Getting it later might actually turn out better with 4680 on the horizon

Yep Iā€™m thinking the same although Iā€™ve ordered the white interior on launch day so might find Iā€™m one of the last to get one going by what the website says for other European countries. Getting it later might actually turn out better with 4680 on the horizon
I would prefer the newer battery set up though think that is only for US cars atm - maybe over here by end of the year/2023
Also gone, white interior - B with W