Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect as long as your number plate can be read by an ANPR camera you'll not face any issues.
Sorry to be bah humbug…

All numberplates since 2001 have to comply with a British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d). I doubt the stick on plates from pro plates comply as they do not appear to state the manufacturer, this BS (!) number, comply with destruction tests or reflection requirements.

I guess you could take your chance, but the risk is £1000 fine and possibly an mot failure.

What fun living in a computer says no bureaucracy, as they look so much nicer!

Reactions: buggles
Still have not had the 25k paid clear with Tesla - my bank tell me they have it but the Tesla app says they don’t.

For anyone planning on using a faster payment, give yourself plenty of time!
I used to work at Citibank … not the best payments user experience but can you imagine the liquidity they have got from all of us shifting 70k into their account 😀

Reactions: Bobby_Dazzler
Not insu
Does anyone have the spec for the Tesla tracker ?
Insurance 🙈
Not insurance approved, Flow Insurance have said to me they will accept it as long as it can be tracked live in the event of theft. THey are very vague with it. Might get a insurance approved one fitted

Offical email said this
Our underwriters have advised that if it allows them to be able to track the vehicle in real time in the event of theft then yes, this will be covered.

Not insu

Not insurance approved, Flow Insurance have said to me they will accept it as long as it can be tracked live in the event of theft. THey are very vague with it. Might get a insurance approved one fitted

Offical email said this
Our underwriters have advised that if it allows them to be able to track the vehicle in real time in the event of theft then yes, this will be covered.
Can you see the position of the vehicle on the app screen ?

I have to use the company insurance broker for the myp. So it has to meet there requirements.

I have seen on another website that third party trackers invalidate Tesla warranty! Is this true?

The brokers have agreed to cover the car for collection tomorrow then I must forward tracker info!

🙈

Last edited:
Can you see the position of the vehicle on the app screen ?

I have to use the company insurance broker for the myp. So it has to meet there requirements.

I have seen on another website that third party trackers invalidate Tesla warranty! Is this true?

The brokers have agreed to cover the car for collection tomorrow then I must forward tracker info!

🙈
No idea never had a Tesla. Yeh also heard about trackers and warranty. Bit worried £70k car and all insurance compaines wanting a tracker unless I pay £5k for insurance. Having said that, I am paying around £3k with a tracker...the question remains if it invalides Tesla warranty

No idea never had a Tesla. Yeh also heard about trackers and warranty. Bit worried £70k car and all insurance compaines wanting a tracker unless I pay £5k for insurance. Having said that, I am paying around £3k with a tracker...the question remains if it invalides Tesla warranty
I have never had a problem with insurance before.

Reactions: buggles
Does anybody care to hazard a guess as to which ship I need to torture myself refreshing the position of constantly for a 21/12 Collection Date at Brent Cross?
Definitely GRANDE HALIFAX. Mine is delivery 21/12 and I spoke to Tesla yesterday and the guy confirmed it was on that ship. He said they won't tell you which it's on, but because I asked if it was on that he said he could confirm it.

Also just checked the Existing Inventory on the Tesla site and there are LOADS of MYPs available now. I'm hopeful that the ones on the GRANDE HALIFAX may have a chance of the updated cameras / rear seats etc as they will be the last to be made.

What tracker did you go for?
Is it cat5s?
How are they immobilising the vehicle?
Sorry for all the questions.
I am trying to work out what is best to do.

Last edited:
H
What tracker did you go for?
Is it cat5s?
How are they immobilising the vehicle?
Sorry for all the questions.
I am trying to work out what is best to do.

I’ll go for a s5 I think they are, it’s just a tracker not an immobiliser. I don’t know if I’m going to get it installed. I’m trying to letter from flow insurance to say they’ll accept the Tesla tracker. I don’t wanna mess with Tesla electronics because of a possibly warranty problem later down the line

H

I’ll go for a s5 I think they are, it’s just a tracker not an immobiliser. I don’t know if I’m going to get it installed. I’m trying to letter from flow insurance to say they’ll accept the Tesla tracker. I don’t wanna mess with Tesla electronics because of a possibly warranty problem later down the line
It’s all a bit of a mine field.

Did they come off easily when the car is sold ?
They are a right pain to remove, had one on my 3 for 3 years 45k miles, no issues until taking it off, took a while with a hairdryer and an old credit card to scrap off the gue and then some autoglym sticky stuff remover , possibly took about 30mins or so but paint was fine after.

Still considering another stick on for my Y when it arrives.

Reactions: crown62