Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture at Bluewater just now . Just collecting mine 👍

Attachments

• F48FF694-DD35-4360-B439-DC2CD7AE2EE5.jpeg
    F48FF694-DD35-4360-B439-DC2CD7AE2EE5.jpeg
    551.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 9191D87C-E4AB-44B3-A32F-DC50D787CAFD.jpeg
    9191D87C-E4AB-44B3-A32F-DC50D787CAFD.jpeg
    453.7 KB · Views: 52
Likewise another happy punter. Southampton has 4 car parks full of various Teslas, plus a bit in the multi story. Loads of transporters heading out and RCC Europe just about to start unload.

Car build quality is exceptional…better than most of the German cars I’ve had. Looks fab in white with those monster wheels. Ride quality is better than both Golf GTE & Porsche it’s replacing and acceleration is SOOO much fun!

The guys at the handover hadn’t actually completed the set up, so do make sure you go through the basic set up with them before you head out. Only took 10 mins and they were very helpful…

Attachments

• 8137E00E-0AF6-40C9-B656-77342B672A1A.jpeg
    8137E00E-0AF6-40C9-B656-77342B672A1A.jpeg
    625.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 95E45BAE-0C20-476C-92A7-EF21D3FCC7A0.jpeg
    95E45BAE-0C20-476C-92A7-EF21D3FCC7A0.jpeg
    944.7 KB · Views: 51
  • EC808406-B7CB-4E4D-88E9-021A5B493D88.jpeg
    EC808406-B7CB-4E4D-88E9-021A5B493D88.jpeg
    783.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 11A3FA2D-B124-485C-B3FF-C08AE4CE0514.jpeg
    11A3FA2D-B124-485C-B3FF-C08AE4CE0514.jpeg
    671 KB · Views: 52
Finally collected mine today from Brent Cross.. (not great photos, but all I have at the moment)

Got there about 20 minutes early, which was good, as was a bit of a queue, so took just over 20 minutes to be seen.. Very quick and easy, especially compared to when I picked up my Model 3 back in August 2019 (from dartford), where I seemed to be waiting around for almost an hour. Certainly less hurrah, but im ok with that, its not my first Tesla, so don't really need the special treatment, just want to get on with driving it.

Have only done a brief inspection so far, and quick drive back home, so only my first impressions:

- Overall the build quality is so much better than my M3P.. I was never one to be bothered by panel gaps and stuff, but it immediately seems noticeably better
- Lots of nice little features that I keep noticing that are much better, ie the way the seats fold down, the power boot, carpet in the boot so my matt can actually stick to it etc..
- Still has that gulp in the mouth performance, even if its not as fast as the M3P
- I much prefer the de-chromed look.. I was going to get it don't on my M3P, but was reading about it invalidating your PCP contract etc, so really glad that they have done that and also the wheels are black
- Nice to have tinted rear windows
- It seems like more of a software thing that I may have missed, but I really like the "Entry" profile you can assign, to make getting in/out better.. Although, the Y is much easier than the 3 to get in/out of already, this helps even further.
- The frunk and the bottom space in the boot are much deeper, as are the centre console bits
- So nice to have the hatchback.. picked up a Christmas tree on the way home, and was a joy to just slide it in without much hassle. The parcel shelf is quit nice
- Ride seems slightly better than my M3P.. you still feel quite a lot, but it feels slightly softened, without being bouncy
- Noise seems ok so far.. forgot to check out the double glazed window, will go and have a look in a minute
- Still on quite old software, but was prompting me to download 2022.40.1..
- For some reason it was left in "Transport Mode", with a big bit of text saying that on the screen. Took me a while to figure out how to get it off. .you need to press and hold the Tesla logo on the screen at the top, until it pulses, then enter "transport" as the password, to disable it.
- No major issues with USS so far.. getting out of the space it was parked in was a little tricky, but just kind of back to what I used to have to do before I had the M3P
- Haven't checked out the cameras, assume they are the same 1.3mpx ones that others are getting
- Has the old back seats as well.
- Oh, and when it came to trading in my M3P, they took the keys/V5C and that was it.. they didn't even ask where I parked it.. My frunk has been a bit temperamental for a while, and I couldn't get it open this morning, so I may have left something in there 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 14.57.58.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 14.57.58.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 14.57.52.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 14.57.52.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 14.57.46.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 14.57.46.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 58
Am I the first red? :D Picked it up from Bristol portbury this lunchtime. I went full-on bonkers red paint performance with FSD for maximum spending stupidity :D.
I haven't activated autopilot yet, but even the non-activated visualizations are impressive. Quick impressions after 40 miles:

BAD:
Visibility through rear mirror is really poor. Quite surprising (but massively mitigated by blindspot & reversing cameras)
The Lumbar support felt like someone torturing me until I adjusted it to minimum, and would have liked even more adjustment there.

WEIRD:
Coming from a model S its a bit annoying that the screen is flat and not tilted towards you. You would think a £73k car would have a decent tilting option for that. I dont want to risk aftermarket stuff.

GOOD:
Paint looked 100% perfect to me. No issues. Panel gaps: Absolutely none. Totally perfect. Build quality in general is excellent.
Software feels amazing. Even more fluid and impressive than MCU2 upgraded model S.
Sound system was absolutely amazing. Again, so much better than my S.
Sound-dapening is amazing. Super super quiet. I was someone who thought double thick windows were silly but...no, they are brilliant.
Glass roof is just amazing.

Obviously it accelerates like a chariot racer on meth, but we all know that :D.

Obviously no USS, but actually hasnt bothered me yet.

1669480729563.png

Am I the first red? :D Picked it up from Bristol portbury this lunchtime. I went full-on bonkers red paint performance with FSD for maximum spending stupidity :D.
I haven't activated autopilot yet, but even the non-activated visualizations are impressive. Quick impressions after 40 miles:

BAD:
Visibility through rear mirror is really poor. Quite surprising (but massively mitigated by blindspot & reversing cameras)
The Lumbar support felt like someone torturing me until I adjusted it to minimum, and would have liked even more adjustment there.

WEIRD:
Coming from a model S its a bit annoying that the screen is flat and not tilted towards you. You would think a £73k car would have a decent tilting option for that. I dont want to risk aftermarket stuff.

GOOD:
Paint looked 100% perfect to me. No issues. Panel gaps: Absolutely none. Totally perfect. Build quality in general is excellent.
Software feels amazing. Even more fluid and impressive than MCU2 upgraded model S.
Sound-dapening is amazing. Super super quiet. I was someone who thought double thick windows were silly but...no, they are brilliant.

View attachment 878475

Looks great in red! Not normally a fan of the colour personally but that looks lovely. Congrats!

BAD:

WEIRD:

GOOD:

View attachment 878475
I've got to wait over 3 weeks for mine but your photo certainly hasn't got me regretting choosing red!

Reactions: buggles
My front passenger wheel had been totally curbed upon arrival and not flagged. So was gutted to see it upon my initial inspection. Luckily dartford service centre had one in stock so I drove over and they swapped it out for a new wheel and tyre and checked the alignment.
I had exactly the same, Not only did they replace the "Curbed wheel" I blagged it from them FOC for the inconvenience, I now have a spare.. 😁

Try your hand they might do the same for you.;)
Damaged Wheel.JPG

I had exactly the same, Not only did they replace the "Curbed wheel" I blagged it from them FOC for the inconvenience, I now have a spare.. 😁

Try your hand they might do the same for you.;)
View attachment 878527
My wheel is the same
Only fault with car.
Haven’t reported yet.
Will do it in the morning as I just want to give the car a last once over.
Hope they just swap my wheel there and then.

Reactions: busterboy
Picked up my performance today.
I took my son who has previously owned a model 3p and his wife has a Mylr . Now he’s driven mine and his wife’s car he thought he would give some thoughts as to how the Ys compared back to back.. My son has a model S plaid on order , so a true Tesla fan !
He was writing this to put on the piston heads thread , so I pasted it on here in full. Hope it’s interesting for anyone who wonders how they differ on the road.

Today I drove the 2023 Y Performance that my dad collected from Bluewater. I went with him as he was a bit apprehensive about the whole collection experience (i.e. Tesla just kind of leave you to it) and he was kind enough to let me drive it the 40 miles or so back to his house.

For context, I’ve previously owned a 2019 3 Performance and frequently drive my wife’s 2022 Y Long Range (with added Acceleration Boost) that we’ve had for coming up on a year now.

There’s four main points to discuss between the two Model Ys really, and they are the performance, looks, ride and Tesla craziness*. Everything else is basically identical, except for the addition of a parcel shelf in the newer car (although these were also fitted to all but the very first batch of 2022 cars).

1. Performance. It’s really fast - unnecessarily so to be honest, but it’s great fun for children like myself. It’s not hugely more accelerative than the LR with Boost, but it is noticeably so, particularly below 30mph-ish so where the slower car feels somewhat artificially held back. The difference between the two is similar to the difference between LR without Boost and LR with it, except that in this instance it’s a lot more than £1500! There’s a bit more whine to the motors under full throttle, which I very much welcomed.

2. It definitely looks better. I mean, of course it does as it’s got bigger wheels, red brake callipers and the carbon lip spoiler. Some proportions are kinda weird in the way all Model Ys are, but I like them. The wheels are really lovely - 21” (my car has the 20” ones) and are a very dark satin grey rather than the satin black of the 20”. The Pirelli Tyres leave very little room for kerb mishaps, but the Y is an easy car to manoeuvre and they’re not really much more vulnerable than the 20” ones. The standard 19” will obviously be the most forgiving (and efficient!) but they look a bit crap.

3. The ride is improved. It’s not hugely better, but considering it’s on wheels that are an inch larger it’s a big step in the right direction. To make a fair comparison between 2022 and 2023 set-ups you’d need to drive cars of exactly the same spec, but the fact that the newer car is better when it should be worse on paper says it all. It’s nicely judged because it’s taken the edge off the ride, but not lost any of the sportiness that it’s always had. The earlier car has always been fine at speed on the motorway, but it’s around town and on country lanes that the initial suspension tuning left a little to be desired. This, in the most part, has now been resolved, but don’t expect a ride like an old Citroën CX.

4. * It has no parking sensors. For sure it looks better in not having the little hole punch circles dotted along the bumpers, but the dents and scratches that will inevitably take their place on many cars are surely worse. In seriousness though, Tesla gonna Tesla by delivering cars with no sensors and without a working camera software solution, but I’m confident this will arrive shortly. As I said, it’s an easy car to park anyway and it’s got a load of cameras and the driver has eyes.

They let you keep an alloy or give you a space saver? Do you keep it in the boot?
They were trying to offer me compensation via offering me some goodies I didn't really want "ie" umbrella, travel mug, beanie hat, etc etc...

I asked the manager what was happening to the damaged wheel, he said he didn't really know but would ask for me, I said keep all the "Tat" stuff you were offering and let me have the kerbed wheel if it was possible. 😁

He then replied he would ask "His boss" and get back to me.

An hour later the answer was I could have the wheel and also got £90 to spend in the Tesla shop to which I bought a spare set of floor mats.

Happy days.:cool:

To be honest I had already bought a space saver before the car arrived (among other things) so have the choice of either space saver or original now.

On long runs I stick it in the boot (just incase) but should I be carrying a lot of luggage I leave it at home.

Picked up my performance today.
I took my son who has previously owned a model 3p and his wife has a Mylr . Now he’s driven mine and his wife’s car he thought he would give some thoughts as to how the Ys compared back to back.. My son has a model S plaid on order , so a true Tesla fan !
He was writing this to put on the piston heads thread , so I pasted it on here in full. Hope it’s interesting for anyone who wonders how they differ on the road.

Today I drove the 2023 Y Performance that my dad collected from Bluewater. I went with him as he was a bit apprehensive about the whole collection experience (i.e. Tesla just kind of leave you to it) and he was kind enough to let me drive it the 40 miles or so back to his house.

For context, I’ve previously owned a 2019 3 Performance and frequently drive my wife’s 2022 Y Long Range (with added Acceleration Boost) that we’ve had for coming up on a year now.

There’s four main points to discuss between the two Model Ys really, and they are the performance, looks, ride and Tesla craziness*. Everything else is basically identical, except for the addition of a parcel shelf in the newer car (although these were also fitted to all but the very first batch of 2022 cars).

1. Performance. It’s really fast - unnecessarily so to be honest, but it’s great fun for children like myself. It’s not hugely more accelerative than the LR with Boost, but it is noticeably so, particularly below 30mph-ish so where the slower car feels somewhat artificially held back. The difference between the two is similar to the difference between LR without Boost and LR with it, except that in this instance it’s a lot more than £1500! There’s a bit more whine to the motors under full throttle, which I very much welcomed.

2. It definitely looks better. I mean, of course it does as it’s got bigger wheels, red brake callipers and the carbon lip spoiler. Some proportions are kinda weird in the way all Model Ys are, but I like them. The wheels are really lovely - 21” (my car has the 20” ones) and are a very dark satin grey rather than the satin black of the 20”. The Pirelli Tyres leave very little room for kerb mishaps, but the Y is an easy car to manoeuvre and they’re not really much more vulnerable than the 20” ones. The standard 19” will obviously be the most forgiving (and efficient!) but they look a bit crap.

3. The ride is improved. It’s not hugely better, but considering it’s on wheels that are an inch larger it’s a big step in the right direction. To make a fair comparison between 2022 and 2023 set-ups you’d need to drive cars of exactly the same spec, but the fact that the newer car is better when it should be worse on paper says it all. It’s nicely judged because it’s taken the edge off the ride, but not lost any of the sportiness that it’s always had. The earlier car has always been fine at speed on the motorway, but it’s around town and on country lanes that the initial suspension tuning left a little to be desired. This, in the most part, has now been resolved, but don’t expect a ride like an old Citroën CX.

4. * It has no parking sensors. For sure it looks better in not having the little hole punch circles dotted along the bumpers, but the dents and scratches that will inevitably take their place on many cars are surely worse. In seriousness though, Tesla gonna Tesla by delivering cars with no sensors and without a working camera software solution, but I’m confident this will arrive shortly. As I said, it’s an easy car to park anyway and it’s got a load of cameras and the driver has eyes.
Exactly the post I was waiting to read.

Detailed and an honest review, Thank you.

Gonna check the panels and paint in the light today. Have to say they were great swapping out the wheel yesterday on a Saturday. If you appreciate design and engineering it really feels like you’ve time travelled 10 yrs into the future. Couldn't go back now. Coming from a GLC was worried ride would be too firm. It’s actually perfect. Absorbs all the bumps the glc did but with a much tighter, sportier feel. And the performance is worth the extra money imo. Such fun.