Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my boot randomly open by itself last night - The Tesla app did warn me 10 mins after it had opened that it was left open. One to watch as I am sure that I never pressed any buttons on the app. I’m booked into a service centre tomorrow to have bubbles in the PPF fixed so will get them to look into it then also

Still getting used to the car .
Feels so much bigger to drive than the xc40 .
Power feels about the same but smoother and I haven’t pushed the car excessively yet.

Just had notification of v11 FSD update installing.
On drive back from Manchester I had a feeling it was sitting slightly over to the left in lanes on autopilot.
It will take me a bit of getting used to.

Today I need to ceramic coat the full car and inspect all areas of paint work before I go over the 100 miles.

But I dont think there are any paint issues from my quick inspection after I washed and dried it last night.

Mats and screen protector fit perfectly.

I’m going to return the black badges as the original are to nice to change.

👍

Still getting used to the car .
Feels so much bigger to drive than the xc40 .
Power feels about the same but smoother and I haven’t pushed the car excessively yet.

Just had notification of v11 FSD update installing.
On drive back from Manchester I had a feeling it was sitting slightly over to the left in lanes on autopilot.
It will take me a bit of getting used to.

Today I need to ceramic coat the full car and inspect all areas of paint work before I go over the 100 miles.

But I dont think there are any paint issues from my quick inspection after I washed and dried it last night.

Mats and screen protector fit perfectly.

I’m going to return the black badges as the original are to nice to change.

👍
Are you putting the coating on the car yourself or is a detailer doing it for you??

Im Interested in getting it done but heard some crazy costs.

Hi
Just a spray coating.
Mothers ceramic.
3 stage
Wash
Prep
Spray
45 for 3 bottles
Just finished .
Easy.
Just like spray wax.
I work in motor trade.
I don’t think much of the 3-5 year ceramic treatments.
image.jpg

Its going to be a hard week. Collecting this Saturday. The anticipation is hard!!
And you’ll think you’ve overhyped it. You haven’t. It’s the best thing I’ve ever bought. Not just in the car category. It’s too much fun to drive. You wanna run out of something so you have an excuse to get in it and pop to the shops, via a few nice straight roads with good surfacing.

Anybody tried or thought about the Carlinkit T2C to get Apple CarPlay onto the main screen? Or indeed any alternatives?
I’d use the tesla-android open source solution. Google that term. There is an active thread on this forum too. The carlinkit T2C seems to have been rushed. Below link is one person’s recent experience with carlinkit t2c (and there are clones of this too). Another fellow on twitter opened up the hardware and found the cpu to be pretty underpowered, the lte modem doesn’t work in USA & is a slower modem too. I have been using tesla-android for 2 months. I like it. Also tesla-android solution doesn’t require using a lte modem if you are mainly interested in CarPlay & android auto. I also have hansshow 9” Linux behind steering wheel display. It was pretty good too but I really like tesla-android better for CarPlay/ android auto.

Take delivery today (28th). I’ve not had the legal USS acknowledgment many of you guys have had pop up in my account? Does this mean I could legally kick up a fuss with regards to them removing a feature that I paid for? If I wasn’t on this forum and knew nothing about the removal I’d be pretty annoyed as my 2020 m3p has them.