Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Has anyone established if the new deliveries are due with the 2023 update of cameras and back seats? My MYP delivery is set for 21 Dec in Southampton (got reg and vin - Middlesbrough plate?? and vin says it's a 23 model I think). I tried the Tesla chat and they won't confirm anything, which is a bit mad. Just a bit worried that I should wait as I'm buying myself.

Hello. Has anyone established if the new deliveries are due with the 2023 update of cameras and back seats? My MYP delivery is set for 21 Dec in Southampton (got reg and vin - Middlesbrough plate?? and vin says it's a 23 model I think). I tried the Tesla chat and they won't confirm anything, which is a bit mad. Just a bit worried that I should wait as I'm buying myself.
From those that have been collected so far in this thread it looks like so far none of them have the new Cameras or seats.. mine is 56 VIN which I collected on saturday and it doesn't look it does.. but I did see someone on the Tesla owners uk Facebook group say they had both USS and the new cameras (in their new MYP), which is strange. They were a 54 VIN weirdly..

Last edited:
Yes would love to know. It’s this right?

£60.36 36% Off | Upgrade T2C CarlinKit Mini Carplay Wireless Box WiFi Bluetooth Adapter For Tesla Model 3/ X/Y/S Apple CarPlay Dongle OTA Online
@qsmy @Flemingo I’d stay away from carlinkit T2c for now. Keep an eye on their user forums for complaints, assuming they have user forums. multiple reports of device not working well in Europe. The cellular disconnects often which makes device stop working. Device doesn’t work in USA at all but they sold it anyway. I’d use tesla-android. Tesla-android doesn’t care if you have lte modem or not & doesn’t totally stop working if modem connection is lost. Developer is working on a smaller all in one design too. I have the raspberry pi 4 version.

Reactions: qsmy
Does anyone know about the specifics of GoCompare and their £250 excess cover? My insurance excess is going to be £750 and I want to get it covered. I'm going to use ALA to get the cover along with some other bits. Should I get ALA to cover £500 (assuming GoCompare cover the first £250) or should I just cover the full £750?

Tesla Update - Your appointment is now confirmed for 13:00 20 December 2022 at Tesla NEC Hall 16, Gate 3, The National Exhibition Centre (NEC), Birmingham, England, B40 1NT. This will be a low touch collection. In preparation, please watch our online videos to learn more about your Model Y at: ts.la/videotutorials

Boom!
I'm getting the car through NHS fleet solution. How will I know the reg plate of the car beforehand to give to fleet solutions so they can insure it?

From those that have been collected so far in this thread it looks like so far none of them have the new Cameras or seats.. mine is 56 VIN which I collected on saturday and it doesn't look it does.. but I did see someone on the Tesla owners uk Facebook group say they had both USS and the new cameras (in their new MYP), which is strange. They were a 54 VIN weirdly..
Thank you. My VIN doesn't look to be either of those LRWYHCEL1PC62XXXX. Probably a wait and see then.

This is a MYP thread - lunatics implied 🏎️
I can testify when driven hard the battery depletes very very quickly (I only did 20 miles but ant that rate 80-100 miles tops) and the brakes are not too bad!

My wife was not impressed with the speeds on the app (I forgot about that).

I am now banned from driving her car 🤣 my excuse was I was bedding the brakes in and they need some good heat cycles to bed in properly….

Most will allow you to manually enter it or provide the model then you supply the reg at the time of paying for the insurance
Sorry to resurrect this old post - but absolutely gobsmacked at the effort I'm having to go through, here!

• With ByMiles - their web platform is great but doesn't recognise the new Reg = dead.
  • Calling them doesn't help - they can't add any car without dvla registration (by vin). They suggest driveaway insurance
  • I have now tried 8 temporary cover places (no specific driveaway available) and either they have the same issue as ByMiles, OR they don't have the MYP in the dropdown for manual selection!!!
  • Now on about 8 live chat platforms trying to get one to do this - need to leave to pick up the car!
What specific insurers did you guys all use for/from the day of pickup when the plate has NOT been registered??

Also can't remember this being an issue when my MYP was delivered during covid?? Perhaps I only insured it after delivery/registration as it was sat on the drive not being used...

Reactions: ShipsnGiggles
Sorry to resurrect this old post - but absolutely gobsmacked at the effort I'm having to go through, here!

• With ByMiles - their web platform is great but doesn't recognise the new Reg = dead.
  • Calling them doesn't help - they can't add any car without dvla registration (by vin). They suggest driveaway insurance
  • I have now tried 8 temporary cover places (no specific driveaway available) and either they have the same issue as ByMiles, OR they don't have the MYP in the dropdown for manual selection!!!
  • Now on about 8 live chat platforms trying to get one to do this - need to leave to pick up the car!
What specific insurers did you guys all use for/from the day of pickup when the plate has NOT been registered??

Also can't remember this being an issue when my MYP was delivered during covid?? Perhaps I only insured it after delivery/registration as it was sat on the drive not being used...
Got normal insurance not a driveway insurance. Add the plate manually. Cant, you take our a normal 12-month policy?

I used Churchill, they were the cheapest for me. I got a quote by manually filling in the vehicle details, and then rang them closer to the collection date to give them the registration number. They essentially add the VRN and then provide a new quote, but it came out the same cost. About £500 for comp-plus with 2 drivers, although these quotes are all relative to your circumstances of course. What I can say is that they were half the price of Directline.