Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Dartford Service Centre the other day, speaking to a member of staff who seemed more clued-up than most (ie he probably reads a forum like this!). He asserted that "it was always going to be Aug-Dec for MYP" (that's not what my initial order said!) and that they were going to be coming from Berlin.

I'm still hoping for '22 at some point, otherwise it's going to cause me a right kerfuffle. Plus my Model X, despite the joys of free supercharging, is developing all sorts of creaks, and the falcon wing doors are being a pain in the arse.

Reactions: drumkills
The Australia order book has just opened and they have a demo MYP there (or at least there’s a review of the MY and a stationary one has the MYP wheels on it). The cars are right hand drive, and said to be made in China. While I get Berlin is what’s been talked about, it does suggest that RHD could be made in China. It could also still be made in Berlin of course.. but we get our other cars from China. It’s just speculation and I wonder if anyone would really care as long as deliveries start

Thanks for the guidance again 👍 🙂

It would be lovely if work were to install chargers in the carpark, but unfortunately bureaucracy and mainly money will be why they don't. It's a big company and they don't own the car park etc

My work means the car will be parked for a min of 24 hrs once I'm there and my commute times vary, so it isn't all early morning stuff thankfully.

My journey home is literally just that, it's go home for days off, so I'm in the fortunate position to not take work home with me 🙂

Re the plaid, I'm a massive car nut, but letting people loose with that weapon should require extra training 😅
From what you’ve said, I have a feeling we work for the same company…
Based in West London?

I’ve ordered a MYP too. Current have a M3P that I’ve had for 2.5 years and love it. My drive to work is 120 miles, and like you there’s a gap between drives. Shame they won’t install chargers in the car park…

From what you’ve said, I have a feeling we work for the same company…
Based in West London?

I’ve ordered a MYP too. Current have a M3P that I’ve had for 2.5 years and love it. My drive to work is 120 miles, and like you there’s a gap between drives. Shame they won’t install chargers in the car park…
😄
Sounds like the same place lol

I popped into my local Tesla SC last week asking if they could change the colour of my order without throwing me to the back of the queue again, weren't really able to help and weren't interested in making any notes of what colours I would be happy with so maybe I should call head office. Only thing he did seem very certain about was that our MYP's would be coming from Germany, seemed very sure about that..

Youtube told me the 1.3 seconds to 60 over the LR is a huge difference. So my inner child took that on board and ordered.

Jokes aside, I was watching a YT video comparing a Berlin MYP vs Shanghai MYLR and the chap said the Berlin factory has a more harder build and when combined with the lower suspension, it felt no harsher than the MYLR with 20 inductions. And felt overall good.

Maybe its already posted here.

Reactions: Jamo77
Youtube told me the 1.3 seconds to 60 over the LR is a huge difference. So my inner child took that on board and ordered.

Jokes aside, I was watching a YT video comparing a Berlin MYP vs Shanghai MYLR and the chap said the Berlin factory has a more harder build and when combined with the lower suspension, it felt no harsher than the MYLR with 20 inductions. And felt overall good.

Maybe its already posted here.

Did you see the vid I posted #264 above? He came to the same conclusion.

Didn’t rate the MIC MYLR for ride quality, but said the MIG MYP rode better.

Reactions: Darreno
First order update received from Tesla today! Unfortunately it is regarding adding the tow hitch to my order. It is something I wanted to add, but I hope it doesn't put my order back at all. :confused:
I got that text too! Not sure it's worth the £1100 they are asking for it? I've never towed anything in my life and have no intention of starting now..;)