Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the shipping time from China if they are indeed MIC? Just trying to work back from those earliest Nov EDDs, which makes it feel like manufacturing will be v soon!
From my extensive viewing of the LR arrivals it typically takes 24-25 (ish) days from Shanghai to Southampton. A few more days for transporter movements. Wouldn't surprise me if they're being made around now 👌

I replied back earlier to the text to see if I could switch my collection location and the person I was speaking to said that no one has been matched to car just yet, but I would need to raise a Case if I wanted to change. So I think production should happen any day now and then the lead time from China.

China or Berlin has its pros and cons. China, been up and running for a long while now so should have ironed out a lot of their production issues, while the opposite could be said for Berlin.

I'll just be happy to have and drive the thing at this point

Reactions: Sanjiv
Wasn’t the suspension on a Berlin P better than a LR from China? Seen videos on YouTube. My LR from China has been ok build quality and paint but the suspension is very crashy. I’m personally not keen on even stiffer suspension on a P from China.

Hmmmmm. What to do

Wasn’t the suspension on a Berlin P better than a LR from China? Seen videos on YouTube. My LR from China has been ok build quality and paint but the suspension is very crashy. I’m personally not keen on even stiffer suspension on a P from China.

Hmmmmm. What to do
Has there been any MYPs from China reviews before now?

Has there been any reviews on MYLR suspensions from Berlin too?

I’ve seen the video and it was comparing a P from Berlin to a cheaper car with a different suspension setup.

Last edited:
Ugh can’t remember now. Just aware the China LR isn’t great. Still love the car but I wouldn’t want it harsher again. Think Berlin were using a different setup.
RSymons tested a MIB MYP on YouTube a few months ago and apparently the suspension was noticeably softer than a MIC LR despite the bigger wheels/lowered suspension:

In a more recent video & he also mentioned the newer UK MIC LRs have better suspension:

Having owned a March 22 MYLR (with 20" alloys) I can confirm the suspension is pretty harsh & undoubtedly the weakest point of the car; I really hope my Performance will be in keeping with the MIB MYP in that regard...

RSymons tested a MIB MYP on YouTube a few months ago and apparently the suspension was noticeably softer than a MIC LR despite the bigger wheels/lowered suspension:

In a more recent video & he also mentioned the newer UK MIC LRs have better suspension:

Having owned a March 22 MYLR (with 20" alloys) I can confirm the suspension is pretty harsh & undoubtedly the weakest point of the car; I really hope my Performance will be in keeping with the MIB MYP in that regard...

Yeah, fingers crossed.

I don't think we can really know until some start to arrive whether they have a better suspension than the LRs.

I also don't think it's fair to compare the Berlin MYPs to the China LRs and assume we'd get the same suspension.

Reactions: AndyWarrington
Yeah, fingers crossed.

I don't think we can really know until some start to arrive whether they have a better suspension than the LRs.

I also don't think it's fair to compare the Berlin MYPs to the China LRs and assume we'd get the same suspension.
Agree - you get what you get.
It's very subjective so keep it or sell it if you don't like it 👌
#edited

Last edited:
I have driven 4 china made LR now and I can tell you from completely non scientific feeling the cars now feel softer to me than they did earlier in the year. Completely non scientific as I say but you really don't need to panic about a poor ride because it is no where near as stiff as some YouTubers have said.
It's no Range Rover or Bentley but it is a perfectly acceptable ride!

Ugh can’t remember now. Just aware the China LR isn’t great. Still love the car but I wouldn’t want it harsher again. Think Berlin were using a different setup.

Yeah, fingers crossed.

I have a Q3 batch China LR with 20 inductions and I found the Q1 batch test drive MYLR with 19s to be harsher than my Q3 with 20s. I also have access to a Q1 car and there is a noticeable difference. Either MIC seem to have improved the suspension, or I got lucky.

There have been reports of an improvement from July at MIC, unsure how true that is though.

Reactions: philnage
Quick question for those who have completed their payment and registration tasks, did Tesla ask you to complete these or did you just go ahead and complete them? I see them as options on tesla account but I am still not 100% on which payment method/finance.