Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B2396783-6220-4E02-BA9F-87FF5E0976CA.png

Is that my black on black MY? *squints*

Are we all pretty much convinced now the elusive MYP will be coming from Berlin? Everyone I've spoken to @ Tesla kept saying MIC (albeit it a few weeks ago last when I summoned my waning enthusiasm to chase my order up!) Seems from recent reports, Twitter, TMC and elsewhere it's likely to be MIB 🤔

I'm thinking late September for delivery at best - what's everyone else hunch?

Thought about doing the same myself, getting the YLR in the meantime then selling on receipt of MYP but guess timescales for delivery on both now would be fairly similar..
I’ve been reading about the performance differences between the MYP and MYLR with AB.

They’re really close over the quarter mile with barely any difference - less than a second. This would make it appear, based on drag times, the MYLR would be sniffing the backside of the MYP and not being left behind. I’m starting to wonder if the upgrade is worth it unless overtaking performance is significantly different between the two models.

I’ve been reading about the performance differences between the MYP and MYLR with AB.

They’re really close over the quarter mile with barely any difference - less than a second. This would make it appear, based on drag times, the MYLR would be sniffing the backside of the MYP and not being left behind. I’m starting to wonder if the upgrade is worth it unless overtaking performance is significantly different between the two models.
Had similar thoughts too, though I much prefer the overall look of the MYP over LR - guess it's the wheels....

This would make it appear, based on drag times, the MYLR would be sniffing the backside of the MYP and not being left behind
I’m starting to wonder if the upgrade is worth it unless overtaking performance is significantly different between the two models.

I would expect most of the extra "umph" to be in 0-30 ... 0-40

Over a marked run (200M-ish) and arriving on cruise at 40MPH and then "floor it" at first-marker my Model-S LR Raven and M3 LR both get to 90 and the MY LR to 86. Basically "nothing in it" but the 0-60 between then has quite a lot of difference.

There was a video (CarWow maybe?) of M3, M3P and M3 SR+ (from memory). In the dash-from-40MPH the SR+ did really well - which they put down to to reduce weight.

So I doubt that "overtaking performance is significantly different" ... but ... the brakes and suspension may be significantly improved/uprated in the P?

Plus the ability to get the power down on "launch" may be significantly better on the Performance?

I had an MS P90D before the current bog-standard MS LR, and it was remarkable how surefooted the launch was - on a bend, in the wet, didn't make any difference, never any drama (No idea how they did that because bog standard MS loaners, my current MS and M3 & MY all scrabble a bit on launch). So if M3P / MYP is that well sorted that would be worth something. But, personally, overtaking umph far more useful than away-from-the-lights.

Im happy to wait for the performance model, if its affordable I always go for the very top spec unless its boneshaking of course but pretty sure most of the Journos are just wimps.

One thing I'm not expecting on my MYP is Ludicrous mode, but its very unlikely this would be hidden as a nice surprise in the YLR!
No one needs Ludicrous mode but I'd very much like to try it at some point!, just dreaming of course!

Reactions: AndyWarrington
Are we all pretty much convinced now the elusive MYP will be coming from Berlin? Everyone I've spoken to @ Tesla kept saying MIC (albeit it a few weeks ago last when I summoned my waning enthusiasm to chase my order up!) Seems from recent reports, Twitter, TMC and elsewhere it's likely to be MIB 🤔

I'm thinking late September for delivery at best - what's everyone else hunch?
I’m thinking MIB and I think deliveries will start between July and November, staggered by colour/interior spec (so far only black and white on black are delivered to the rest of Europe)

Reactions: AndyWarrington
Just received an email from Tesla! I wonder if they've read my signature 🤣🤣; titled 'Updated Order Details, the PDF attachment that came with it was my Motor Vehicle Order Agreement

I wonder if something is happening if I'm getting this sort of communication
(Clumsily, hastily checked for VIN etc - nothing 🙄....)

Has anyone else received communication today? I wonder if they've changed the agreement 🤔

Reactions: DeejUK
Just received an email from Tesla! I wonder if they've read my signature 🤣🤣; titled 'Updated Order Details, the PDF attachment that came with it was my Motor Vehicle Order Agreement

I wonder if something is happening if I'm getting this sort of communication
(Clumsily, hastily checked for VIN etc - nothing 🙄....)

Has anyone else received communication today? I wonder if they've changed the agreement 🤔
I received an invite to their used car event! 😧 Are they trying to tell me something?