Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP vs Genesis GV60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So had a hour to kill today waiting in the mall. Finally got a chance to test drive the new GV60 performance EV with 235 mi range vs my MYP with 303 mi.

Look is good but still prefer the MYP. Their panel gap is perfect tho. Couldn't find one misalignment. Lol

Inside feel more liked a hatchback than a crossover. So Y win on interior space, especially the back seat. I have a young child so it matter with a car seat. Window and windshield is a bit smaller than the Y but bigger than the MachE. Kinda liked the ID4. Tiny frunk is a bummer and trunk is smaller than the Y and no under shortage in the rear, also no side pockets. Too bad these legacy auto can’t give us a huge Frunk.

Many buttons on the steering wheel and also the entertainment center. Also buttons for the HVAC system. Two screen with a lot info across the board. Feel what a luxury car will feel, A lot of buttons and features. Inside Material built is much nicer than the Y. But I still prefer the Y being minimize and all controls from the screen.

The GV map and UI is a big lagging , probably bc I'm so used to a tesla UI. I'm never use their UI before so finding things is a bit harder but I'm sure after a few days , I'll get used to it.

Their 360 camera is so cool. Tesla need it! Also their cooling seats. And their HUD is cool but not necessary. Tesla will add these on within the new couple of years since there's other options now.

Now the drive. I prefer the Regen and one pedal driving from the Y. The GV suspension feel better and their handling should be better too. I only had 20 min on the road so I was only able to do a few launch. My MYP feel faster, at all speed. The GV has a boost button, does give u that punch but only 10 sec. So u need to click on it every time while the MYP just zoom!

At the end, I still prefer to walk up to the car and go. Park and go. The GV still has a start button, liked any other ICE car or legacy EV. I couldn't test their app but I'm sure tesla win there too. And ultimately, tesla SC win, hands down. Also tesla software and OTA is superior than others right now. Oh yea, they want $88k OTD, including $5k markup. 😱

Too bad I couldn’t txt their driver assist but I’m sure tesla AP wins. That would be my deal breaker since I use AP 60-70% of my daily driving.

My 2 cent. Next car to test is the Benz and bmw new EV.

Any GV owners out there that traded their MY for one. What’s ur experience so far? How’s their software and app? And range vs charging experience?

1D92709C-888E-4E65-80AF-2187B79D5C28.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool, I'd love to test drive one of these someday too. I'm still waiting to see someone explain the boost button on the GV60 though. From what I understand it can be clicked an unlimited number of times. If that's the case, why not just offer full power at all times instead of having to click a button every 10 seconds to access full power?

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Cool, I'd love to test drive one of these someday too. I'm still waiting to see someone explain the boost button on the GV60 though. From what I understand it can be clicked an unlimited number of times. If that's the case, why not just offer full power at all times instead of having to click a button every 10 seconds to access full power?

Yes, you're right. You can continuous click on it once your 10 sec is up. Or you can cancel it during the 10 sec. The front screen show u a countdown. Its kinda liked a turbo button. Im thinking, after the honeymoon phase, Genesis figure you will get tired of it and just drive the car. Maybe their battery pack or motor is limited, I guess.

Oh yea, Without the boost, the car feel liked a Long range Y (talking acceleration). I could say bc I drove it for 30k before getting the MYP.

I own a MYP and my wife now wants an SUV too. I love the Tesla but thought two model Y's would be a little boring. We will share the cars. I'm picking up a GV60 Performance tomorrow. I am intrigued by the leather interior, heads-up display, dual screens, and especially the 360 view camera. I've curbed the MYP Uberturbine wheels 2 times! I can't believe Tesla doesn't have 360 view with so many cameras on board. What an oversight...

I really like the design of the GV60 over the Ioniq5 and EV6 but that is a personal preference and all 3 have very good reviews.

So I will report back after a few days of driving. It is a pain that I will need 2 different 120v basic chargers at my condo parking space. Unless I can use one of the chargers with a Tesla/J1772 adapter??

Hyundai's 3D camera view is the best. And that 3rd person 3D view in the GV60 is some dark magic. Not sure of the practical value, but it is crazy cool.

One of my beef items with Hyundai/Genesis/Kia is the "Boost" button. That is stupid. Just let the computer handle it dynamically. Because you often do not know when you will want or need acceleration until you do. I just cannot see the value in the button other than a look at me item on the steering wheel.

I am super interested in the forthcoming Electrified GV70. That one could steal me away from the Model Y. But, the range is likely to be short on the GV70 and acceleration may be a good bit slower than the MYLR with AB.

Reactions: yellowr6
I like the GV60 but like the Ioniq5/Ev6 it's got a few dealbreakers for me:
1. It's a bit small as our main suv. They are really sportback wagons, which is great. Just prefer the Y's practicality.
2. Dealerships. I can't deal with the nonsense and markups. The Genesis dealers around me are extended Hyundai dealerships.
You're not getting Lexus, Merc or Audi service here... you're getting people trained on $20k Elantra sales.
3. Of course i'm biased, but really prefer the UI and clean aesthetic of Tesla. Also, I think it looks a lot better. That's personal taste though.
4. The longer I have a Tesla, the more I see how much the Supercharger network adds to the value. Everything else is stuck in Walmart aka Electrify America.
For a second ev, tough choice. I5 and ev6 are better values and better looking but the GV60 has a much better interior.
Probably the I5. Looks great, practical.

If they made a M3 hatchback, that would be a no-brainer for me over any other ev in that market.

Beyond that, I love the Genesis brand. The G90 blew me away. Holy cow that's well done.
Look forward to see what they bring with EV's.

Last edited:
After 4 days of driving the GV60 I can say that it is a winner. Very luxurious and drives like a dream. I wouldn't say it is better than my MYP - just different. The MYP feels much faster than the GV60 Performance even though the specs are similar. The difference comes from the reserve power you get with the Genesis "Boost" button. The problem is you have to push the button as if you have nitrous on board! Great feature for autocross and passing a car on a two lane undivided highway. But practically speaking, it is a gimmick. I wish I could harness that HP with a quick, deep pedal push. I'll play with it some more.

The GV60 has much less luggage space. Frunk can hold a box of Kleenex. Boot has a nice Tonneau cover but is less spacious.

Tesla stereo is every bit as good as the Bang and Olufsen and bass may be better at lower volumes in my Tesla.

I really like the looks of the GV60 and you don't see one on every other street. It should make a great second car.

After 4 days of driving the GV60 I can say that it is a winner. Very luxurious and drives like a dream. I wouldn't say it is better than my MYP - just different. The MYP feels much faster than the GV60 Performance even though the specs are similar. The difference comes from the reserve power you get with the Genesis "Boost" button. The problem is you have to push the button as if you have nitrous on board! Great feature for autocross and passing a car on a two lane undivided highway. But practically speaking, it is a gimmick. I wish I could harness that HP with a quick, deep pedal push. I'll play with it some more.

The GV60 has much less luggage space. Frunk can hold a box of Kleenex. Boot has a nice Tonneau cover but is less spacious.

Tesla stereo is every bit as good as the Bang and Olufsen and bass may be better at lower volumes in my Tesla.

I really like the looks of the GV60 and you don't see one on every other street. It should make a great second car.
After 10 days with ours, I agree with all of that.

In the end, the GV60 probably has more modes/adjustments than are necessary.

One other big difference is the throttle pedal travel - it's longer in the GV60, so it takes a big push to get it to really go. Combine that with the need to push the Boost button to get the full beans and it just doesn't feel as quick in regular driving. Not slow by any means, but not stupid-quick like Tesla MYP/M3P.

All that said, the biggest difference has to be the noise level. Even though my '22 M3P is quieter than my '18 was, the Genesis is on a different level altogether. It's relaxing to drive.

That’s wild. Car and Driver had the MYP 0.1 seconds faster 0-60 and 0.1 seconds faster in the quarter mile. Their GV60 times were similar to this video. But the video MYP was way slower than C&D’s track tests.

I hate boost buttons.

Last edited:
In our household, we have the LR Y. Wifes and she loves it. (I have the LR refresh S). We do have the accel boost on her Y. It has MORE than enough acceleration as is. I dont know if she even floors it regularly, so there is acceleration left over, if you will. So faster isnt really a want/need. But when it comes time to consider replacing it (possibly just before warranty runs out), we will be looking VERY hard at the Gv60. The additional luxury, the traditional dealership network where you can walk in, speak with persons..the more upfront honesty/integrity of the companys leadership, etc...all will be factors.

The supercharger network is a HUGE advantage right now for Tesla, but for my wife and I, we supercharge maybe twice per year max for road trips based on our history. And I dont see that changing. So supercharging network is not really a factor for us. And the 3rd party charging options will continue to improve from their sad state of today. So looking forward to more from the various EV competition

Great thread. What’s interesting is how the MYP appears to feel faster but in reality, it’s slower

The GV60’s “Boost” mode must be active for it to keep up with or beat an MYP in a drag race, and that mode only lasts for 10 seconds. AFAIK there’s no limit on how often the mode can be activated, but what it means in reality is that the MYP is going to be quicker much of the time.

The GV60’s “Boost” mode must be active for it to keep up with or beat an MYP in a drag race, and that mode only lasts for 10 seconds. AFAIK there’s no limit on how often the mode can be activated, but what it means in reality is that the MYP is going to be quicker much of the time.
I dont disagree with you. And the "boost" button really is kind of a gimmick. (I think some other EV companies use it too?). Its more of a "look here, I have this button to give me MORE power. Your Y doesnt even have that"! type of thing. When in reality, instead of a button, the power should just be there for 10 seconds of full throttle. Simple.

And also agreed we are talking such a tiny tiny difference in acceleration, it really is meaningless to most. But to car magazines, reviewers, etc? It "officially" means the MYP is no longer the fastest in 0-60 nor 1/4 mile (which are longstanding benchmarks of performance) in that ever popular small CUV EV class of vehicle. At least for this video. Would love to see a more detailed video that shows clearly SOC for each, tire pressure, tire condition, etc. along with more than just one run. And some 30-100 runs as well.

Last edited:
The MYP is quicker all of the time. Most true auto industry reviewers test the MYP quicker both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. That video review is an outlier.

Is there a slight delay of the power from a standstill? I feel there is always a slight hesitation off the line with the EV6. Wonder if Genesis tuned that out.

if you are planning on using GV60 as in town driving only car, it will be great since you can charge it home. If you even think about short road trip or long distance travel, you will "enjoy" the non Tesla charger network as shown in the following video:

I’m not asking which car was faster. I was wondering if there was a slight delay from standstill when you push the accelerator. The EV6 and Ioniq 5 both have a slight lag. I was wondering if the Genesis tuned this out.
Aaah. The video cited a lag in the MYP off the line that was mostly the difference in the sprint. I thought you were referring to that.

Last edited: