Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP wheel squeak every tire rotation help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all i would like some help please.

yesterday i noticed my MYP front left wheel make a squeak noise every tire rotation. First suggestion by a user was to remove the uber 21” center lug cover. That did not change the noise. I also lifted the car and when i rotate the wheel it would rotate smoothly without making the squeak/creek noise.

Any help on what it could be?

thanks

Sounds like there may be an issue with your front drive motor. It doesn't resemble anything metallic like brake rotors rubbing against the dust shield or broken bushing that causes rubbing in the joints. I'd say an appointment to the SC is in order.

Sounds like there may be an issue with your front drive motor. It doesn't resemble anything metallic like brake rotors rubbing against the dust shield or broken bushing that causes rubbing in the joints. I'd say an appointment to the SC is in order.
I got one in set up but its 8 days out. While i know the noise is there I keep trying stuff to get rid of it...

I am starting to think its the rubber garment on the other side of the rotor connected to the drive.

I think I wouldn't be so worked up if service centers had hours after work or on weekends. I have to take my time out of the day to go to the center. If its something that can be fixed at home, spending a few hours on it would be better for me.
I am kinda the same way. I recently damaged the belly pan (crummy plastic) on the MY going over some snow not knowing there were sharp boulders size of watermelons underneath. Wasn't going to wait 2 weeks for SC appt and $125/hr labor rate to replace. Order the parts online, 20 min., done! A separate post to follow.

yesterday i noticed my MYP front left wheel make a squeak noise every tire rotation. First suggestion by a user was to remove the uber 21” center lug cover. That did not change the noise. I also lifted the car and when i rotate the wheel it would rotate smoothly without making the squeak/creek noise.

thanks
Hey Ak, did you manage to get the squeaking issue resolved? I've got the same noise and have taken it to the SC twice and they couldn't fix it. What was your issue related to? Thanks!

Reactions: EVTee
Mine also makes the same sound. I'm thinking that it's coming from the tires?

My dad had an older car with older tires that would make the same noise. The noise disappeared when we got new tires. The strange thing of course is that we have brand new tires on our MYP and that I associated the noise with old worn-out tires. I really don't think it has anything to do with the drive units. I've also heard numerous other teslas making the same noise where I live. Could it be that our car is a little heavy for the tires? Perhaps under/over inflation? Mine is at 45psi. Might try dropping it to 38 which is counterintuitive but I'll do it for science.

Mine also makes the same sound. I'm thinking that it's coming from the tires?

My dad had an older car with older tires that would make the same noise. The noise disappeared when we got new tires. The strange thing of course is that we have brand new tires on our MYP and that I associated the noise with old worn-out tires. I really don't think it has anything to do with the drive units. I've also heard numerous other teslas making the same noise where I live. Could it be that our car is a little heavy for the tires? Perhaps under/over inflation? Mine is at 45psi. Might try dropping it to 38 which is counterintuitive but I'll do it for science.
I've read it could be the tires and that the noise disappears once they've been worn down a bit. Some people also said it was caused by the plastic hub caps on the Uberturbines, which can be addressed by lubrication and or repositioning. Will try both and hopefully get some sort of resolution because the SC has been no help.

Reactions: EVTee
Wasn't the center caps so last hope is that it's the tires and the noise disappears after a few thousand miles - I'm just 9f 3000km so half way to what was recommended in another post.
SC told me they've never seen this before.

The noise is a plasticy/rubbery like sound so I might take the car in to the SC once more and ask them to do a swap with any other M3P in the shop and see if the noise disappears.

Will post an update with any developments.

Checking to see if this was ever resolved? I have the same exact issue.
Wasn't the center caps so last hope is that it's the tires and the noise disappears after a few thousand miles - I'm just 9f 3000km so half way to what was recommended in another post.

The noise is a plasticy/rubbery like sound so I might take the car in to the SC once more and ask them to do a swap with any other M3P in the shop and see if the noise disappears.

Swap of tires that is...

Hey Ak, did you manage to get the squeaking issue resolved? I've got the same noise and have taken it to the SC twice and they couldn't fix it. What was your issue related to? Thanks!
I’ve got the exact same problem with the same tire. Just to test an idea I removed the tire cover( 2019 m3) and the squeaking stopped. Still don’t have an exact fix but did narrow it down.

thanks
Was this ever resolved? I’m running into this now with my MYP