Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP winter/all-season setup 20x10 with 275/40/20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share my setup as I looked diligently through the forum before pulling the trigger. Thought it may be of some use to others contemplating an aftermarket setup that hasn’t been posted on here.

TSW Tamburello Matte Bronze 20x10 +40 offset
Nitto 420v 275/40/20

The fit is perfect, the ride is definitely smoother. No rubbing issues at all. I know they are a bit heavier resulting in a slightly less efficient setup, but so far I am very happy with it (still averaging around 265 Wh/mi at least before it gets really cold here).

Attachments

• 3DA4757E-D704-4DBB-A33D-FFB6892A3552.jpeg
    3DA4757E-D704-4DBB-A33D-FFB6892A3552.jpeg
    397.8 KB · Views: 1,530
That's a nice set up👍 where did you order this from?
Thanks! I put the package together myself, the TPMS were purchased from my local Tesla SC, below are the links for the best deals that I found for the wheels and tires.

TSW Wheels

Nitto Tires

Just wanted to share my setup as I looked diligently through the forum before pulling the trigger. Thought it may be of some use to others contemplating an aftermarket setup that hasn’t been posted on here.

TSW Tamburello Matte Bronze 20x10 +40 offset
Nitto 420v 275/40/20

The fit is perfect, the ride is definitely smoother. No rubbing issues at all. I know they are a bit heavier resulting in a slightly less efficient setup, but so far I am very happy with it (still averaging around 265 Wh/mi at least before it gets really cold here).
Gorgeous!

The front is pretty much flush with the edge of the fender, the rear could probably use 5mm spacer to poke it out flui d

The front is pretty much flush with the edge of the fender, the rear could probably use 5mm spacer to poke it out flush.
View attachment 737711
how is the curb rash protection? this is the most helpful post yet! so you went 20x 10" rims. offset +40mm. and you can still rotate the tires as is. if you put spacers on the rear can you still rotate? (i don 'tknow much about spacers, do they stay on the rear hub?)? downside?

thanks!! this looks like the perfect setup for still lot of rubber for a smoother ride if moving to 20" from 19"

how is the curb rash protection? this is the most helpful post yet! so you went 20x 10" rims. offset +40mm. and you can still rotate the tires as is. if you put spacers on the rear can you still rotate? (i don 'tknow much about spacers, do they stay on the rear hub?)? downside?

thanks!! this looks like the perfect setup for still lot of rubber for a smoother ride if moving to 20" from 19"
The curb rash protection is definitely better than the stock 21's, but if its a decent size curb you could still catch a wheel most likely. Yes, you can rotate the tires no problem, adding a small spacer will have no effect on the ability to rotate.
The spacer will just go in between the wheel and the hub when you put the wheel on. You can get larger spacers that stay on the hub, but the smaller (thinner) spacers, will just sit between the wheel and hub. No real downside on using a properly sized spacer (spacing too far out can put additional stress on the hubs).

This wheel and tire setup gave a much smoother ride than the factory 21's, a little more rubber on the sidewall helps a ton.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: gadgetfreaky
This pretty much answered a question I had, so thanks. Looks great. Was looking to go for 20x10 TSportline wheels with 275/40/20's as well, so glad to know you've had no issues and no rubbing.

My car is a bit lowered however, beyond the standard MYP lowering, but it looks like you still have tons of room in those fenders.

Currently on 19's with 255/45/19's, but as usual have gotten a bit bored and feel like burning money on things that aren't necessary, so was going to grab those 20's and have the 19's as a spare set.

I'm at around the same wh/mi, so glad to hear it hasn't had a super nasty impact on your efficiency.