Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP winter wheels and tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a bad wheel and tire combo. But

I just had TSportLine's MY/MYP Overlanding Wheel and Tire Package put on. They're great and I would highly recommend a package from them. (TS5 18" Tesla Model Y Overland Adventure Wheel And Tire Package (Set Of 4)).

I would say if you wait for a TSportline Sale, the price between TSportline's wheel/tire combo equals what you're proposing (minus a headache).

Think, if you buy wheels and tires separate (@$2377+tax+shipping if applicable), you have to worry about mounting, balancing, TMPS swap or new TMPS (which could easily reach $450). Not considering tax or shipping, you could be looking at $2827).

Whereas for the combo I got, I took advantage of Tsportline's 4th of July sale. $2840 delivered (including tax) then $30 for mounting. The package comes with tires balanced and brand new TMPS installed - no headache.

Hope this helps! Anyway, here's a pic:

Attachments

• IMG-0428.jpg
    IMG-0428.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0
Blizzaks and Michelin XIce are common Model 3 choices.

I like the XIce here in Traverse City with ~120 inches of snow a year. Others I know have enjoyed the Blizzaks. There is more discussion on the Model Y forum if you want to search there.

Definitely easier to get new wheels and TPMS stems from Tesla. I have Costco do my seasonal tire switches. All four tires fit into the Model Y.

I did not get 18 inch wheels. 19 inch seems reasonable for snow tires. 18 should be ok especially if the roads are unplowed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0