Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP won't charge, L1 or L2!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done a bunch of searching about this and have not found anything yet.

I have been charging with a ChargePoint Home Flex charger since September with zero problems. Today, I rolled up in my garage and plugged in. The charger does its normal relay click to turn on, it looks like the charge starts, light turns blue, then green briefly, then stops. Then the light goes white for a second or two, then repeats the whole process until I unplug. I tried rebooting my charger and cycling the breaker. Also did a multimeter measurement of my 240 outlet and its fine.

So, I decided to try my mobile charger on a 15A 120V plug in my garage. The charge port light goes solid blue and the screen says "ready to charge" but the charge will not start.

I already have a SC appointment setup (May 4th) to repair damage to my rear bumper from someone smashing into my car while I was parked. I added failure to charge to the appointment and I'm hoping they can squeeze me in fast! The closest supercharger is 30 minutes away and I'm not interested in risking full drain to test supercharging.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Since you have eliminated the Chargepoint EVSE as the source of the problem as the Telsa vehicle also will not charge using the Tesla Mobile Connector the problem is with the Tesla Model Y's charge port, power conversion system (PCS) or the wiring. How recent is the damage to your Model Y?

Try rebooting the Tesla Model Y (While parked, press and hold both scroll buttons on the steering wheel for 15 seconds.) If that does not fix the issue then you need to wait for Tesla service. Turn off Sentry Mode as it will quickly drain the battery down to 20%. You need to retain any remaining charge until the vehicle can be serviced. Don't keep checking the Tesla vehicle via the Tesla app or opening the doors.

Last edited:
I did the reboot right after the it first failed to charge, hoping that would have been the easy fix.

The damage was done about a month and a half ago. I've had no issues with charging after the damage. The tech at the SC that did the inspection and repair quote said that it was just surface level and should not mess with anything under the bumper.

Appreciate the response and the insight! Hopefully I can get more info from Tesla tomorrow when they are open.

I had something similar on my car sometime back. It would not charge with my Chargepoint charger or the tesla mobile charger, but it did charge on superchargers. Tesla replaced the charging ECU, and that fixed the issue.
I think I remember reading something similar to your experience. Did you have to take it in to the SC or was it a mobile visit? How long did the repair take?

I think I remember reading something similar to your experience. Did you have to take it in to the SC or was it a mobile visit? How long did the repair take?

Mine was done at a service center. Luckily I got an appointment within a week. I dropped the car off at 8am, and got a call around 11 that it was ready for pickup. I imagine this is a simple enough fix for mobile service, but for some reason Tesla wanted me to bring it in.

One nice unintended benefit is that my car now says it has CCS enabled. Earlier it used to say CCS was not installed.