Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyQ Auto Unfold Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MyQ setup and working well with the exception of not unfolding my mirrors after I leave the garage. Mirrors are set to fold and do no problem when approaching garage. And garage door opens fine. However, when I leave the garage the garage door auto closes but the mirrors don't unfold. Kind of annoying. Why do they fold when approaching but not unfold when leaving?

Question for you all: Do your mirrors remain folded when you unlock your car at the set location when both mirror settings are on? (See below for mirror settings.)

Note that there are TWO settings that control the mirror folding.

Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold

and

Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location

For me, these settings work correctly (a) when they are both off; (b) when only Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold is on; and (c) when only Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location is on.

When both settings are turned on, the mirrors behave incorrectly (and randomly) when unlocking the car at the specified location. Is this your experience?

I just "unfolded" the driver side mirror on the CR-V. Unfortunately I did it by backing into the garage and not looking down that side of the vehicle 😭

Luckily it just made a horrible breaking sound and the casing is a little loose now, but the mirror is still intact