Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyQ Connected Garage Not Loading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, here is the (hopefully) end of the story.

I decided to move the wifi mesh system in my house to better cover the garage as the signal was not great, I then reinstalled the MyQ hub by deleting the device from my account and doing it all from scratch. I had already unlinked the MyQ account from my Model 3.

Took a couple of tries for it to work but I did get the MyQ to load and work with the app on my phone. I then was able to link the account to the Tesla on the first try.

This morning I pulled out of the garage and was able to set up the Geo-fencing and left for work. Got home and as I pulled into my driveway the garage door opened automatically as it was supposed to.

Hope this helps anyone else having the issues.
All I can say is good luck. More than likely it is going to fail on you again very soon with "error".

I decided to move the wifi mesh system in my house to better cover the garage as the signal was not great, I then reinstalled the MyQ hub by deleting the device from my account and doing it all from scratch. I had already unlinked the MyQ account from my Model 3.

Took a couple of tries for it to work but I did get the MyQ to load and work with the app on my phone. I then was able to link the account to the Tesla on the first try.

This morning I pulled out of the garage and was able to set up the Geo-fencing and left for work. Got home and as I pulled into my driveway the garage door opened automatically as it was supposed to.

Very glad its working now.

I’m curious what role the hub plays. MyQ sent me one but I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with it. I have two openers but the other is controlled by Homelink in another Tesla.

Very glad its working now.

I’m curious what role the hub plays. MyQ sent me one but I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with it. I have two openers but the other is controlled by Homelink in another Tesla.
My garage opener is an older model which doe not have MyQ built in. The hub acts as the intermediary between the garage door opener and the MyQ system. Like pairing the garage door to a new clicker which communicates with the MyQ app and Tesla. You install the Hub and a unit small on the garage door.

My garage opener is an older model which doe not have MyQ built in. The hub acts as the intermediary between the garage door opener and the MyQ system. Like pairing the garage door to a new clicker which communicates with the MyQ app and Tesla. You install the Hub and a unit small on the garage door.
Thanks. My openers Sears but they have Wi-Fi so they work. If I want to control both with MyQ I think I need the hub and a second sensor. I’m not ready to do that.

so far, MyQ is working for me except one time the car did not have connectivity for some reason.

This morning MyQ knew not to close the already closed door, Homelink would have incorrectly opened the door.

Reactions: evannole

So we had issues with intermittent garage door not closing. The signal was sent by the car but the door would not close. The initial “fix” was to stop the car when the wifi broadcast would start and then move when the door started to close. We also have a mesh system and I mapped the coverage, no range issues (you can be across the street and still have great coverage). Called Chamberlain and they initially said they are working with Tesla…. I also asked about the gateway (828LM) that you hook up to your router via Ethernet, if moving the unit closer to the garage would make a difference. The response was “ it has a range of up to 150’ so you should be fine”. So ignoring that questionable response I ran a new cat6 cable to the garage and located the 828LM with a clear line of site to the driveway with the door open. Now it works great, and we do not have to stop and wait for the door to respond-it just closes every time (it always opened ok, just had to wait in front of the door to finish opening-I am good with that for security reasons).

Reactions: Mithgul

I didn’t have an issue getting it to work on day 1. Once the trial was supposed to end is when it stopped working. Tried to go set up a subscription… nothing. They emailed me saying they extended the free trial… still just spinning in settings and tells me there’s no account to unlink.

Mine seems to be working now, not sure why. I was also able to get the icon to reappear at the top of the Tesla screen by setting my home location via the MyQ settings screen. The MyQ menu drops down now when I approach my home.

I received an email that my trail expired with an option to select a plan. I may sign up for a year to see how it goes.

They have also added some new features when you sign up. Note works with vehicle’s mobile data now.

Attachments

• 3C5D2308-ED99-4B5A-B3FA-C96F4E900748.png
    3C5D2308-ED99-4B5A-B3FA-C96F4E900748.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 80
I found out yesterday my trial ended when I went to go use it and it didn't work, there was no indication that it ended. Saw my email about trial expired and went into myqservices web site and bought the 5year plan. Everything is working now. Bummer that I didn't realize the myQ controller was free with trial, otherwise I would of saved $30. When you consider that the myq controller is included for free, the subscription price isn't that bad.

Reactions: RMannino