Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyQ Connected Garage Not Loading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I’m done with mine, too. I’ve had it for two weeks and when it’s worked, it’s been great. Otherwise, it’s been offline multiple times and I get the following screen, even though it’s plugged-in and WiFi is available and working fine.

And their support documentation is crap.

Attachments

• 2DD31B94-A297-49A6-A383-850046324097.jpeg
    2DD31B94-A297-49A6-A383-850046324097.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I can see why they are extending the free subscription although I haven't yet gotten that offer from them.

This is not ready for prime time.

When it works it is wonderful but about every third or fourth time I get in the car it shows an account error. Then it will start working again later, like when I bring the car back to the garage.

For the subscription money they are asking it needs to work 99.9% of the time (the regular homelink I had on my last Tesla pretty much worked 100%). I could see one or two times a YEAR where there is a back end service problem but the way it is presently working is not acceptable.

Reactions: El joe
I have the same issue. Called Chamberlain tonight and they said their system is down. They advised to call them tomorrow. Coincidentally, I downloaded Version 2022.44.30 moments ago. I hope it fixes the issue. I will try again tomorrow. It's kind of frustrating because the integration worked beautifully before.

Ok, tried that and it did not make any difference. Bitched to Chamberlain about the issue. Good thought though...
So I contacted Chamberlain about my issue, their response:

Thank you for the email. We worked closely with Tesla, so your myQ connected garage complements your high-tech Tesla. A vehicle that can drive itself can finally open & close the garage door by itself. If need additional assistance, please contact us at your earliest convenience, at our support line at 1-844-MYQAUTO (1-844-697-2886) Option 1, for Tesla. We have a designated team to assist you, with any questions, issues or concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Talk about a NO response.... the good news is that I likely saved $180 or $300 depending on the plan and years... 😊

• Funny
Reactions: Beast_Mode
Hi all. I just started getting this error message. Reached out to Tesla who wanted me to set up a mobile mechanic appt-LAME. So I asked them to send me the literature to originally set it up and they sent me this Tesla In-Vehicle Garage Control with myQ | myQ. From here I was able to successfully unlink and relink MyQ and it's working now. No need to reset anything on the vehicle. Hopefully this will work for you.

Anyone figure out this issue? I can't even reset my password to access my account online to cancel my subscription. I tried to sign up for a subscription through the app but clicking on the options does nothing
myQ is the actual website where they have the subscriptions. I am still working on this as it has been over 30 days since my trial began and my service has not been working. I found the website and clicked cancel subscription but I still have not found a way to remove and re add the account to the Tesla.

Just received this from Chamberlain:

Your myQ Connected Garage free-trial has been extended.

We've extended your free-trial period, as we continue to optimize the myQ Connected Garage service. If you are experiencing an error in your service, you may try unlinking and then relinking your Tesla to your myQ account to continue enjoying your free-trial experience.

Hi all. I just started getting this error message. Reached out to Tesla who wanted me to set up a mobile mechanic appt-LAME. So I asked them to send me the literature to originally set it up and they sent me this Tesla In-Vehicle Garage Control with myQ | myQ. From here I was able to successfully unlink and relink MyQ and it's working now. No need to reset anything on the vehicle. Hopefully this will work for you.
What on this page helped you unlink your account? I continuously get 'error unlinking your account' no matter how many times I select "Unlink Account"

Well, I am not alone... Having issues and reset the MyQ itself. That didn't work so I unlinked it from the car and reset it. Now the car will not link at all. Called MyQ and they told me to call Tesla, a non starter.

If I try the factory reset does it undo all the settings I spent the last three weeks getting just the way I liked them?

Mine seems to be working now, not sure why. I was also able to get the icon to reappear at the top of the Tesla screen by setting my home location via the MyQ settings screen. The MyQ menu drops down now when I approach my home.

Well, I am not alone... Having issues and reset the MyQ itself. That didn't work so I unlinked it from the car and reset it. Now the car will not link at all. Called MyQ and they told me to call Tesla, a non starter.

If I try the factory reset does it undo all the settings I spent the last three weeks getting just the way I liked them?
I would be very leery of resetting my car to resolve what appears to be a back end issue with Chamberlain.

Mine simply showed "error".

I unpaired it and repaired it to the MyQ account and it immediately connected. I set the home location and things were working. The next time I got in the car it started out green then went to "error" mode. I drove forward slowly and after about 30 seconds it went back to green.

This has all the signs of being Chamberlain incompetence and having nothing to do with the Tesla.

I would be very leery of resetting my car to resolve what appears to be a back end issue with Chamberlain.

Mine simply showed "error".

I unpaired it and repaired it to the MyQ account and it immediately connected. I set the home location and things were working. The next time I got in the car it started out green then went to "error" mode. I drove forward slowly and after about 30 seconds it went back to green.

This has all the signs of being Chamberlain incompetence and having nothing to do with the Tesla.

For sure! I had one of their openers at my prior house as well. I can assure you regarding Chamberlain: 'incompetence' is far too nice a word.

Chamberlain’s Tesla support never called me back on last Monday after I talked to Chamberlain on Saturday and no Tesla support was there. Still can’t get settings to load. Still can’t unlink. Updated to 2022.44.30 didn’t fix anything. Going into MyQ services website does nothing. MyQ should be embarrassed for fumbling this so bad.

Chamberlain’s Tesla support never called me back on last Monday after I talked to Chamberlain on Saturday and no Tesla support was there. Still can’t get settings to load. Still can’t unlink. Updated to 2022.44.30 didn’t fix anything. Going into MyQ services website does nothing. MyQ should be embarrassed for fumbling this so bad.

It's honestly not even a little surprising to me. More than likely Chamberlain isn't even doing the work themselves and have outsourced it. What is surprising to me is that they convinced Tesla they knew what they were doing to the extent that Tesla added the feature. I imagine there is revenue sharing going on with Tesla for this otherwise Tesla wouldn't have bothered.

Well, here is the (hopefully) end of the story.

I decided to move the wifi mesh system in my house to better cover the garage as the signal was not great, I then reinstalled the MyQ hub by deleting the device from my account and doing it all from scratch. I had already unlinked the MyQ account from my Model 3.

Took a couple of tries for it to work but I did get the MyQ to load and work with the app on my phone. I then was able to link the account to the Tesla on the first try.

This morning I pulled out of the garage and was able to set up the Geo-fencing and left for work. Got home and as I pulled into my driveway the garage door opened automatically as it was supposed to.

Hope this helps anyone else having the issues.