TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mysterious buttons

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 787steve, Sep 20, 2016.

1. 787steve

787steve Member

#1 787steve, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Ok. I know I could have just emailed the delivery team about this, but I thought the responses here would be more entertaining. When we looked in our gift bag, we found four small button shaped items. They look uncomfortably similar to the material the bad Terminator guys are made of. They each have a plastic inner portion that looks not terribly unlike a contact lens.

I put them on the table and took a time lapse film, and they have not showed any ability to reform into one big object, or even move at all. Very suspicious. They just sit there. trying to act like something totally normal. It is really unnerving. Especially when you realize that their mothership is sitting in the garage, on line, and never sleeps. Think about it. And every time I go to the garage it blinks at me and makes funny sounds, and even seems to reach out to try to grab me with it's little silver hands, if I get too close.

If anyone knows what these are please advise. Can they be trusted? Can they be destroyed?
    Wait,,,,,, I think one of them just moved................

• Funny x 1
  2. Off Shore

Off Shore Member

They're covers for the screws that hold your (rear) license plate on. Have a great day!

3. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

Caps for the license plate frame screws

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Indeed.

That said, they cannot be trusted. You should either restrain their motion by installing them on the vehicle, or dispose of them immediately. :D

5. AB4EJ

AB4EJ Member

I always thought they were spare flux capacitors.... learn something every day

6. Buddy

Buddy Member

I wasn't given a rear license plate frame or hardware.

Anyone know what size screws fit?

7. Fiver

Fiver Member

Ohhh, I need two of those if you want to sell them. I have the top 2 on my rear license plate, but somehow the bottom two fell off or weren't included when I picked up my car.

Trade?

8. 787steve

787steve Member

I hear what you guys are saying, but I'm pretty sure I saw one of them move. Maybe they WANT us to think they are lowly screw covers. This may be how it begins........
    I'm just sayin'

• Helpful x 1
  9. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

Have you tried tasting one yet?

• Funny x 1
  10. 787steve

787steve Member

#10 787steve, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Hmmmmm. I'm pretty sure that would leave me needing two
    You think I'm crazy?? I put one on the floor in front of our dog and he ran and hid in the closet. He hasn't come out for two days!
    Actually, that might account for the smell that I have been attributing to these things.

11. Fiver

Fiver Member

A wild man like yourself doesn't need a license plate.