Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mysterious spark noise from trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have this spark sound in the trunk that occasionally happens when going over bumps.

What is a "Spark" sound?
What do "Sparks" sound like?
We may be of greater help to you if you record your sound, upload it to YT, and share it!

I’ve re-tightened the ground location by the amp but to no avail. I’m stumped. Any ideas?

Need more data.
The description is a bit too vague. Please share a video of your sound so that we can interpret it.

What is a "Spark" sound?
What do "Sparks" sound like?
We may be of greater help to you if you record your sound, upload it to YT, and share it!

Need more data.
The description is a bit too vague. Please share a video of your sound so that we can interpret it.

I am fairly sure that this OP has been asking some variation of this question for a few months now here on TMC. I also think the OP did some self work on their vehicle and this could be self caused.

Perhaps OP should take it to a Aftermarket Stereo shop that works on teslas to have them help troubleshoot?

• Informative
Reactions: afadeev
Have this spark sound in the trunk that occasionally happens when going over bumps. I’ve re-tightened the ground location by the amp but to no avail. I’m stumped. Any ideas?
A spark sound you say
Have you checked for one of these in your trunk

all spark1.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: rpiotro and afadeev